Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Star Trek Online could have been quite amazing if they made it right its still quite fun but there is something missing.
    What was missing is control. The UI was laid out like a game from 1998. There are a lot of cool things to see, especially since it carries the story forward post-voyager.. but I think they just tried to cram every "bad-guy" into it for the sake of making a game.

As a ST fan.. I don't see the Klingons going to war with the Federation like it was shown in STO. Nor do I see the Borg coming back in such a way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    As a ST fan.. I don't see the Klingons going to war with the Federation like it was shown in STO. Nor do I see the Borg coming back in such a way.
    I have to agree the weird thing is the last episode of voyager dont they basicly destroy the borg or atleast makes them break apart.
    And the Klingon empire have been to busy fighting between themselfs to ever be able to wage a huge war against everyone as they do in STO (i might be wrong tought never underestimate a klingon )
    The Romulan Empire however might have been capable depends how much of it got destroyed when Romulus went bye bye.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree the weird thing is the last episode of voyager dont they basicly destroy the borg or atleast makes them break apart.
    And the Klingon empire have been to busy fighting between themselfs to ever be able to wage a huge war against everyone as they do in STO (i might be wrong tought never underestimate a klingon )
    The Romulan Empire however might have been capable depends how much of it got destroyed when Romulus went bye bye.
    I mean.. the Borg should be either destroyed or seriouslty compromised.

The Klingons are supposed to remain allies with the Federation. At least in all the future time-jumps that we see. I dont see how Martok would let that alliance slide given his experience in the dominion war. Unless he was usurped in some conflict we didn't see.

The Romulans are also quasi-allies with the federation too after the Dominion war and especially after the events of Nemesis I would think. I always thought a good follow-up series would be a post-war alliance exploring the rest of the galaxy with new technology to allow them to travel further faster. i guess Paramount wanted the quick buck though.. anyways.. getting distracted.

The MMO is decent. it's ftp since January. I still struggle to get very far in it though.

Deleted
    Star Wars Galaxies.

An open world player can sandbox game in the star wars universe? thats teeming with potential...

and then it was released......

.....the buggiest MMO ever released by far, releasing without mounts, in huge open worlds releasing without player cities.

...one of the best crafting systems out there, indivudual resouces, everything player crafted was unique and degraded so it kept a good econmy going......yet even this system was limited by only having a handfull of things to craft EVERYONE doing top content had to look like

the HAM systems, so so retarded, you had people taking temporary stims to boost their ham up then strapping on the above armour thats they wouldnt ordinarily beable to wear, thus sealing themselves into their armour, you had riflemen and combat medics posisioning and damaging mind(which couldnt be healed easily)

then the free open skills system...revolutionary? no the buggiest worst system ever, FOTM templates were rife...unhittable TKM/Pikeman combos, combat medics throwing posions like bio terrorists, every patch it seemed something else became FOTM, the early pokemon wars of creature handlers throwing out rancors left right and centre, the smuggler tree never working, smuggling amounted too....opening sealed containers, the bounty hunter system which rarely worked.. then you have the original random jedi syystem of grinding through professsions giving the game the "hologrind" period of crapness and AFKing professions.

Damn i could go on, but boy did it have potential and you have to give SOE credit it was forward thinking i just think it was done 10 years too early before the tools and technology could allow them to do what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Allods online. When it was in beta in 2010 it had the f2p community in a uproar, it was easily the best designed f2p mmo to date. The game had everything wow had, the graphics were great and it had decent questing. But that was all ruined when the cash shop was introduced and plunged the game into just another crappy pay to win mmo.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Star Wars Galaxies.

An open world player can sandbox game in the star wars universe? thats teeming with potential...

.....the buggiest MMO ever released by far, releasing without mounts, in huge open worlds releasing without player cities.

...one of the best crafting systems out there, indivudual resouces, everything player crafted was unique and degraded so it kept a good econmy going......yet even this system was limited by only having a handfull of things to craft EVERYONE doing top content had to look like

[...]

Damn i could go on, but boy did it have potential and you have to give SOE credit it was forward thinking i just think it was done 10 years too early before the tools and technology could allow them to do what they want.
    I just installed the SWGEmu yesterday. It feels awesome to play Pre-CU SWG again. Yes it has it's bugs and flaws, but no matter how you played, you still had a chance! You will find FotM-Speccs everywhere but hey - there is more to SWG. Artisan/Entertaining for example.
    SWG is a real ROLEplaying Game, without beeing forced to speak like a retard.

The Crafting system in my opinion is the best ever, but way to complex for most MMO-Players.
    Playerhousing? No - Player CITIES including Guildhalls and even building outposts for your faction!
    Limited ways? No - choose between several starting locations, all in an open-world environment.

I'm so happy right now, because the SWGEmu is awesome. It is constantly improving and totally free!

AoC, if the entire game was the way the first 20 levels were, it would of given WoW a serious run for its money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metal Slug Zero

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Warhammer had potential but Mythic blew it.
    Correction EA blew it, by moving half the team away from it to work on other things.

On topic; LOTRO had A LOT of potential but dang did that go wrong... The Secret World also had a lot of potential, but unless they revamp their entire idea of combat and skills and leveling, it'll fail immensly and all ready has.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

DC universe online ....The starting area is sooooo awesome then it turns into a crap fest ????...why ? Game has VERY nice graphics and the character customization is nice ...everything is nice at first but the polish disappears fast :-(

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Star Wars Galaxies.

the HAM systems, so so retarded, you had people taking temporary stims to boost their ham up then strapping on the above armour thats they wouldnt ordinarily beable to wear, thus sealing themselves into their armour, you had riflemen and combat medics posisioning and damaging mind(which couldnt be healed easily)

then the free open skills system...revolutionary? no the buggiest worst system ever, FOTM templates were rife...unhittable TKM/Pikeman combos, combat medics throwing posions like bio terrorists, every patch it seemed something else became FOTM, the early pokemon wars of creature handlers throwing out rancors left right and centre, the smuggler tree never working, smuggling amounted too....opening sealed containers, the bounty hunter system which rarely worked.. then you have the original random jedi syystem of grinding through professsions giving the game the "hologrind" period of crapness and AFKing professions.

I have to disagree with you on a lot of points minus one. Armour was incredibly unbalanced. Once you got easily affordable 75%, most things became trivial. TKM Dizzy/KD was insane and don't even get me started on MD/MSM lol.

It was a great game in a lot of ways but I do not miss this:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...enShot0030.jpg

And the jedi grind? Most fun i've ever had and this is coming from someone that did more or less all of them.

Star Trek Online could have been quite amazing if they made it right its still quite fun but there is something missing.

Also the Stargate MMO could have possibly been quite big if it ever came out
    JAFFA KREE!

It did come out, it just got shutdown very quickly.

Damn Shol'vas.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

Also the Stargate MMO could have possibly been quite big if it ever came out
    STO suffered from being very streamlined, I mean when you first landed on the various planets you were given a false idea of how vast the planets were, in truth they were nothing more than a few roads and a butt-load of invisible walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Then again, we're all just talking based on our own personal preferences and experiences here. And in MY opinion, RIFT fell short of being a solid MMO. It had a few good ideas but couldn't deliver on the whole product.

But that's just what I think.
    I agree with that. I think a lot of new MMO's have great ideas and great potential, but they are seem to be missing a full package. Rift did too many things that tried to directly draw WoW players, and to me never really established a solid identity. The opening sequence of quests on the Defiant side was amazing, however it quickly stalled after that.

I currently play WoW and SWTOR, I think both are pretty great in their own respects. SWTOR has a leveling experience that is truly unmatched, however I have not really delved into the SWTOR endgame which is where I hear it starts to fall short.

It's really difficult for new MMOs now that WoW is so established. When I read about how WoW was at launch, and how new MMO's are, the new ones are definitely way ahead of WoW at it's launch, however WoW has grown so much now that they quickly loose out to WoW.

These new games are in no way dead, but I think most fell short of what the developers and players expected.

Guild Wars 2 seems to be trying to change things up a bit, but I am worried that most fights are going to be a kite fest without a defined tank, and to me that cuts down a lot on the mechanics you can utilize because everyone is constantly moving.

I think for a new MMO to stabilize at a population comparable to WoW's, they need to spend a huge amount of time preparing the game and ensuring that it can compete with WoW's content at launch, and not plan on having so much be in subsequent patches.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

AoC had huge potential, but was ruined due to the world feeling small and instanced for me. Also, having physical players was extremely annoying.

RIFT, good game and all, but it feels a little one dimensional and boring to me. Definately huge potential with the expansion coming up though, looks exciting.

SWTOR; New game, old problems. Hope they get their act sorted fast. Has enormous potential and is a great game.

And a new game I think looks promising is the elder scrolls online, the synergy combat, massive pvp battles etc. all set in the world of Tamriel. I can't wait. Hope they don't screw it up though...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    AoC had huge potential, but was ruined due to the world feeling small and instanced for me. Also, having physical players was extremely annoying.

RIFT, good game and all, but it feels a little one dimensional and boring to me. Definately huge potential with the expansion coming up though, looks exciting.

SWTOR; New game, old problems. Hope they get their act sorted fast. Has enormous potential and is a great game.

And a new game I think looks promising is the elder scrolls online, the synergy combat, massive pvp battles etc. all set in the world of Tamriel. I can't wait. Hope they don't screw it up though...

Sounds like you should read up on it, it's already a major fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hellgate: London and Age of Conan

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I would have liked so see SWTOR go a little futher. I liked the story a lot but its a dead end for endgame players.
    Please elaborate. It has more end game content than WoW. And it is far more interesting stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Runescape. That game has so many features to bad its limited by beign a browser game.
    That game is very successful, imo. For being a browser game with the revenue it brings in is incredible.

Runes of Magic is pretty cool theres something I really like and others that I cant stand but for f2p its pretty good. Imo most of them that failed just werent that good to begin with.