Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Germany showed frailty the minute they conceeded two against the Greeks.

That should never have happened.

indeed, i was cheering for Germany through the tournament, but at the end of their game against Greece i said they're never going to win unless they work on their defense, its like their defense dont even try...

Italy should have beaten them 5-0

---------- Post added 2012-07-05 at 03:26 PM ----------

i dont understand the Fifa rankings, how are England ahead of Brazil, Italy, Portugal, Argentina.

not saying England is a terrible team, but wouldn't put them fourth...

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont understand the Fifa rankings, how are England ahead of Brazil, Italy, Portugal, Argentina.

not saying England is a terrible team, but wouldn't put them fourth...
    Its based off friendlies too, we beat Spain earlier in the year and only (narrowly) lost to Holland, who were ranked very highly. So Brazil is lower than perhaps they should be because theyve not played many games this year (they wont have to play qualifiers for the WC either.)

Deleted
    I don't get why you guys keep mentioning Brazil. Their team is mediocre at best.

the rankings is just a mathematical formula based on results. They don't take how you look or how you play in the actual game. Whether you enjoy watching England or not, they do get results. Even at this Euro they were one of only two teams that didn't lose a game (a penalty shootout is considered a draw in the rankings system). That is why England is so high up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friendlies shouldn't be counted in rankings. They aren't taken serious (especially when you field more subs than outfield players half the time) and are seen as a chance to test players and set plays and give match experience to guys who don't work together on a regular basis.

Tournaments and qualifying should dictate, nothing more.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    I don't get why you guys keep mentioning Brazil. Their team is mediocre at best.
    ----------------Pato/Damiao----------------
    ----Neymar---------------------Hulk--------
    ----------------Ganso/Kaka-----------------
    --------------------------------------------
    -----------Ramires-------Lucas-------------
    ---Marcelo------Silva------Luiz------Rafael--
    ----------------Julio Cesar------------------

hardly mediocre

I agree that only competitive games should be taken into account. But it is what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    ----------------Pato/Damiao----------------
    ----Neymar---------------------Hulk--------
    ----------------Ganso/Kaka-----------------
    -----------Ramires-------Lucas-------------
    ---Marcelo------Silva------Luiz------Rafael--
    ----------------Julio Cesar------------------

hardly mediocre
    Ramires hasn't played for Brazil for about a year.
    Julio Cesar, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Marcelo and Pato are indeed good players.
    Neymar is a flop. I will only praise him once I see him do anything in Europe. Anyone can score a lot of goals in the Brazilian league. The same thing can be said about Ganso (Kaka hasn't played for Brazil since the World Cup if my memory serves me right).
    Rafael has barely played for Manchester United this season.
    Lucas is a solid midfielder but far from being world class (Fernando from FCPorto is way better in my opinion).
    Hulk is, in my opinion, one of the most overrated players in the world, he's in the top right there with Neymar.

In my opinion, they theoretically lose to any European team that reached the QFs in the last Euro bar Czech Republic and Greece. They also, theoretically, lose to Uruguay and Argentina.

My favorites were the Portuguese
    They have a good game, their best player is ronaldo and draws on a team in difficult situations, reproach referees at Euro 2012 have had a couple of big mistakes

Had this linked by a friend, think it's pretty awesome.

Deleted
    we got the london 2012 football starting next week

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Ramires hasn't played for Brazil for about a year.
    Julio Cesar, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Marcelo and Pato are indeed good players.
    Neymar is a flop. I will only praise him once I see him do anything in Europe. Anyone can score a lot of goals in the Brazilian league. The same thing can be said about Ganso (Kaka hasn't played for Brazil since the World Cup if my memory serves me right).
    Rafael has barely played for Manchester United this season.
    Lucas is a solid midfielder but far from being world class (Fernando from FCPorto is way better in my opinion).
    Hulk is, in my opinion, one of the most overrated players in the world, he's in the top right there with Neymar.

In my opinion, they theoretically lose to any European team that reached the QFs in the last Euro bar Czech Republic and Greece. They also, theoretically, lose to Uruguay and Argentina.
    Neymar a flop? The Brazilian league is not as easy as people make it out to be...and he is only 20 years old, not even close to being a flop.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post

Had this linked by a friend, think it's pretty awesome.
    ahahahah, love it!