New internet worm or something?

So, I don't know (yea I know, I guarantee I'm in the minority here) how many of you frequent tons of sites through-out the day, but it seems like 4-5 sites have been having "At Capacity" issues like MMO-C just had for about 15-20 minutes. I don't know if there's some massive DDoS happening to some backbones or what.

Has anyone noticed this at all today?

EDIT: I should have mentioned it's not that they were slow or "down", but they actually showed "At Capacity" images.
    Last edited by alturic; 2012-06-08 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    None at all, maybe your isp
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    "At Capacity" issues like MMO-C just had for about 15-20 minutes
    MMOC has that happen pretty frequently. Curse in general is a flaky system as it is.

As for other sites? Havent had any problems. Might just be you.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    MMOC has that happen pretty frequently. Curse in general is a flaky system as it is.

As for other sites? Havent had any problems. Might just be you.
    No, I meant they all showed "At Capacity" images.

Deleted
    Well, I just had an error 502 and 500 when trying to reach mmo-champion, but I doubt it's a worm or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Well, I just had an error 502 and 500 when trying to reach mmo-champion, but I doubt it's a worm or something.
    Yea, site was all running smoothly/fast all day for MMO-C at least. The other sites were slow and then every so often had the image. I didn't think there was a worm going around but it was just odd how they all did it within an hour of each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Yea, site was all running smoothly/fast all day for MMO-C at least. The other sites were slow and then every so often had the image. I didn't think there was a worm going around but it was just odd how they all did it within an hour of each other.
    I guess that kinda random... I don't think either /b/ or anonymous are trying to DDoS the whole internet

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Curse had a network-wide issue, which affected every curse site. There is no "worm" going around, that's not how it works. These are coincidences.

Deleted
    IPv6 is being released throughout the world, might have something to do with it.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got that message about 20 minutes ago as well.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet Harmonies View Post
    Curse had a network-wide issue, which affected every curse site. There is no "worm" going around, that's not how it works. These are coincidences.
    That actually is how a worm works. It creates so much traffic/load through servers that they reach a load threshold (specified by individual sites/servers of course) and it triggers the "at capacity" screen.

Obviously that would mean the 4-5 sites in question all had worms on their servers, so maybe I did word it wrong for the word "worm" but you get my point.