Thread: Class quesiton

15+ Year Old Account

Class quesiton

Atm, which is the best class for farming? I have finished normal with all the classes except the WD so far. I don't have much time to play so into Nightmare and onwards, which class would be best for the casual, doesn't-have-much-time-to-play, player?
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

At inferno any ranged, nightmare/hell pretty much any class as long as you play properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no "best class". All classes are just as good, so it really comes down to playstyle. Do you like being a master of AoE death as you walk around? Monk. Like minions? Witch Doctor. Prefer smashing things with a big hammer? Barbarian. Like to hit from far far away with "machine guns"? Demon Hunter. Wanna use magic to slow, entrance, or explode your enemies? Wizard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is no "best class". All classes are just as good, so it really comes down to playstyle. Do you like being a master of AoE death as you walk around? Monk. Like minions? Witch Doctor. Prefer smashing things with a big hammer? Barbarian. Like to hit from far far away with "machine guns"? Demon Hunter. Wanna use magic to slow, entrance, or explode your enemies? Wizard.
    I don't want to get a class to Inferno, then have to look back at my other toons then be telling myself, "I should've level'd xclass". If I had the play time I used to have, I wouldn't care, but atm I'm lucky to get an hour a night and maybe 2-3 total on weekends.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunter.

You will have to spend VERY little gold to get him breezing through Inferno act 1-3, just go the glass cannon way (only get dps gear, fuck vit and res) and you will simply walk past those 3 acts.

You will die.. but when you have practiced enough it will be a breeze to play.

I have both a Barb and a DH farming inferno atm.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-06-09 at 06:26 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yea see this is just not true. Melee is currently a lot worse than range. Simply because ranged can death zerg most packs while melee has no such option. So ranged just doesn't care about survival while for melee that's no option, and they need pretty good gear to succeed, and then still do mediocre damage compared to range. Here is a quote from Blizzard.

I'll state up front that I do think there's a disparity between melee and ranged, and I would like to see that closed. I feel like if I talk a lot about thought processes and design philosophy and don't state this up front people will lose the forest for the trees and conclude we think everything is fine. So I'll say it again: melee vs. ranged disparity is not fine, changes are being made, and even if you disagree with the approach outlined below we can hopefully have the common ground that the current situation needs improvement.

Deleted
    Currently Wizard and Demon Hunter are the best or at least widely considered the best.

However:
    - Changes in class balance are incoming, so I would suggest you just play what you find fun and it will be "fixed" if its OP or UP
    - Changes in farming are coming where you can just farm Act 1 Inferno to get gear, and all 5 classes have an easy time with Act 1 so its a moot point in the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Play the class you like.. because its no fun playing a class you dislike just because its THE Farmclass.
    I find the Monk and DH to be screenkillers but thats my personal opinion. Havent tried Sorc though.

Deleted
    DH is probably the most easy class but you die a lot just because you get one shot EVERY time..trying to aim for survivability isn't a real choice for DHs atm

anyway, atm - DH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Yea see this is just not true. Melee is currently a lot worse than range. Simply because ranged can death zerg most packs while melee has no such option. So ranged just doesn't care about survival while for melee that's no option, and they need pretty good gear to succeed, and then still do mediocre damage compared to range. Here is a quote from Blizzard.
    That's more of an exploit (and being fixed shortly). My statement still stands. All classes can make it to, and do well in, Inferno. Period.

A disparity doesn't mean it's impossible to play melee or that you have to play ranged.