Thread: Tyrael nerf.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    switching to MF set before the kill also seams nerfed.
    can someone confirm / infirm this ?

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not suprising that they're fixing all the cheesy stuff :P

Good thing I managed to level my Wizard to 55 before they nerfed this.
    Stil got my Barb to level but melees are actually fun to level since its just "ROAR MACE TO DA FACEE!"

About Tyrael... God forbid I managed to do my first Siegebreaker run last night... I knew it was too good to be true :P I dont mind the nerf as it was quite cheesy, im just a bit jelly that I didnt manage to abuse it a bit more before it was nerfed

Time to level alts untill the patch I guess.

Deleted
    This is fucking bullshit; tyrael was hitting for 30-50k and was so usefull to solofarm elites + siegebreaker; now he's become completely useless. On some packs he's even less than useless when he's just stood in the poison while the vampiric elites feed off of him. Fucking hell; fu blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    This is fucking bullshit; tyrael was hitting for 30-50k and was so usefull to solofarm elites + siegebreaker; now he's become completely useless. On some packs he's even less than useless when he's just stood in the poison while the vampiric elites feed off of him. Fucking hell; fu blizzard.
    Yeah, now you have to actually play the game instead of watching it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinah View Post
    Yeah, now you have to actually play the game instead of watching it
    Yeah because solo farming inferno act 3 with a tyrael hitting for 20-50k means "watching it". If you dont know what you're talking about don't comment.

Meanwhile my near death experience keeps proccing while i have serenity active whenever i WOULD have taken damage that WOULD have killed me.

Shame blizzard is too busy removing ways of actually playing the game to fix obvious bugs that should never have made it live, let alone still be ingame 3 months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Yeah because solo farming inferno act 3 with a tyrael hitting for 20-50k means "watching it". If you dont know what you're talking about don't comment.

Meanwhile my near death experience keeps proccing while i have serenity active whenever i WOULD have taken damage that WOULD have killed me.

Shame blizzard is too busy removing ways of actually playing the game to fix obvious bugs that should never have made it live, let alone still be ingame 3 months later.
    On elite soul ripper packs I switch to MF gear and afk while watching streams for 10 minutes until they die. It's not really playing the game, glad they fixed it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the afk farming strat in Act 2 Black Soulstone with the unending spider spawns from guardian towers has been nerfed also. The spiders drop nothing when I have 200%+ GF gear on.. oh well.. it was fun while it lasted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    On elite soul ripper packs I switch to MF gear and afk while watching streams for 10 minutes until they die. It's not really playing the game, glad they fixed it.
    Weird, for me they enrage.

Edit: oh you just stay dead for 10 minutes? That's so lame, i've never done that, wouldn't even think of it. There's other ways to stop people from doing that (aka tyrael stops fighting when you die) that dont evolve shutting him down completely.

Deleted
    Thanks blizzard for making the melee classes even more useless. Ranged don't have to dodge shit, they've got smoke screen etc, and one elite pack is like done in under 1 min. Now I have to reset the enrage timer each time I kill 1 elite Mob on my Barb with almost full lv 62 equip. So Ridiculous.

To Quote a Bluepost, "No, but you're asking very specific questions about late-game class balance only a couple of weeks into Diablo III's life cycle. The overwhelming majority of the community isn't even there yet".

Thanks though to make some classes absolutely not playable, and then tell those players "oh wait, we're going to fix this in a few years, so don't worry about it".

I think it's time to move on.
    Last edited by mmocd512434992; 2012-06-09 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    switching to MF set before the kill also seams nerfed.
    can someone confirm / infirm this ?
    anyone has tested this yet?

Deleted
    It's also so much fun that all companions are still ninjapulling everything in sight. Blizzard has been making games with companions for fcking 20 years and has had to deal with all the bullshit of stances and people wanting them to be on defensive, not aggressive. But no, diablo 3, aggressive companions, without as much as the option to set them to defensive. So much fun to miss out on goblins every freaking run because your templar desides to facepull it and push it into mob packs stood behind it. GG blizzard, really.

nooo not the tyrael nerf.. now how will i finish off izual when i get gibbed by his teleporting 1shot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    nooo not the tyrael nerf.. now how will i finish off izual when i get gibbed by his teleporting 1shot?
    Charge into him, shield wall, and then leap away after 7 sec. Rinse and repeat. No idea what a monk does.

Deleted
    I agree he was a bit OP but if you're gonna make him hit for 1200 on Inferno why can't you just get rid of him altogether? I'd rather he not allow mobs to vamp off him and get in my way if all he's gonna do is tickle the crap out of anything he finds.

I mean would it have been that hard to just make him die if you die so you can't use him to exploit so easily and leave it at that? Or if he's gonna be a bag of shit in terms of DPS usefulness why not at least give him an aura of some sort? Something to make one of the most iconic Diablo characters not be a useless pansy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viriya View Post
    Looks like the afk farming strat in Act 2 Black Soulstone with the unending spider spawns from guardian towers has been nerfed also. The spiders drop nothing when I have 200%+ GF gear on.. oh well.. it was fun while it lasted.
    Seems like they've also nerfed the blacksoul stone goblin farming spot, at the ancient path way point.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah went live on US right now, Glad I'm a DH haha

Blizz is great at nerfing things, aren't they? Is it really the end of the world if someone wants to farm Kulle for a little while with, say, a 5 stack of NV?

Nerf what you want, but don't buff/fix the Witch Doctor pet scaling please - /sarcasm. In before someone says "it's coming in the next patch" - well la dee da...hurry it up already, it's something that shoulda been fixed in the last patch. It's kind of obvious when the only viable builds for a WD in Inferno are those completely devoid of Gargs or Dogs.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason I did the tyreal thing is either impossible packs which are

Soul ripper reflect damage or anything reflect damage really or super fast mobs without any room lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flavahbeast View Post
    Yeah, I imagine that's a big part of why they're upping repair costs. You probably won't see as many glass cannon setups when 10 deaths costs you 50k
    You will still see the same number of DH glass cannons, because thats the only way they can survive. It will just cost much more to be one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flavahbeast View Post
    Yeah, I imagine that's a big part of why they're upping repair costs. You probably won't see as many glass cannon setups when 10 deaths costs you 50k
    It will have almost no impact on whether or not people play with glass cannon and the simple is that it is almost exclusively the only viable build you can for, when starting inferno. It's encouraging that people have found ways to play a more survival oriented DH but until they buff our survival abilities, it will simply be too hard and expensive to go into survival mode off the gate. People who've gone for survival builds themselves admit that it is insanely expensive and understandibly so; a survival DH has to build a lot more survival stats than, for example a barb or a monk because they lack the natural 30% DR.

If anything, the repair cost increase is only going to hurt the demon hunters without millions to spare.