View Poll Results: How do you feel about Diablo 3?

Voters
889. This poll is closed
  • I still love it, not bored at all.

296 33.30%
  • Starting to getting a little boring.

212 23.85%
  • Feeling the same way as you.

145 16.31%
  • It's totally boring, cba logging in anymore.

236 26.55%
Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo 3 gets boring extremely fast.

Is it just me or did Diablo 3 get boring extremely fast?

I loved the game the first few weeks. I managed to clear Inferno on my Wizard and now I just cba to do it all over again on a new character.

The gear grind and completing the same Act's over and over again with very little random generated content gets boring really fast.

Everytime I log in now, I want to log out right away. I'm just so bored with this game already!

Anyone else feeling the same way?

Anyone playing a wizard that used the force armor or crit mass builds before they got nerfed is probably bored cause they pretty much cheese they way thru the game.

Trying playing hardcore and see how far into inferno you make it.

This is all IMO. I only got through act 1 normal. I immediately could see if I forced myself through all of normal and then started into hell or hard mode I would've quit this game and never come back to it. I am purposely taking my time getting a character through normal - to not over do it. I'm sure many of you are saying that's a sin to not even be done normal by now.. but i'm sorry getting a character to level 60 asap is not a reason in itself to play if all im doing is playing the same game over and over again. And yes i knew this going in that this was the way this game was - but like I've said in previous posts I was feeling somewhat bored at 5 hours in and I quickly recognized this was all the game would be (except for some cool new bosses).

Quote Originally Posted by Ailozh View Post
    Is it just me or did Diablo 3 get boring extremely fast?

I loved the game the first few weeks. I managed to clear Inferno on my Wizard and now I just cba to do it all over again on a new character.

The gear grind and completing the same Act's over and over again with very little random generated content gets boring really fast.

Everytime I log in now, I want to log out right away. I'm just so bored with this game already!

Anyone else feeling the same way?
    That's the thing. The lovers of D3 look at different difficulties as being "more content", while the majority of the players don't. I also don't think "randomized loot" is a good thing, while sure at the heart of Diablo it is, it's nothing more than an artificial system to consume more time playing a game.

Deleted
    I'm only level 57, act 3 on hell and im already somewhat bored and can't get myself to play more than a few hours at a time.

Also I wonder if the real money auction house will ever be as big as expected since quite a few of the 4-5 million players probably feel that they are done with the game by the time it works.
    Last edited by mmoc27cecdbbd7; 2012-06-09 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    That's the thing. The lovers of D3 look at different difficulties as being "more content", while the majority of the players don't. I also don't think "randomized loot" is a good thing, while sure at the heart of Diablo it is, it's nothing more than an artificial system to consume more time playing a game.
    the actual purpose of this system is to increase the euphoria felt by the finder of a "godly" item. if those godly items were to drop ever few hundred mobs, they wouldnt have that "woah cool!" effect to them and thus suffer from the same fate as epics did in wow.

Deleted
    i will get bored when all classes have beaten diablo on inferno... xD

I could in part forgive the extreme repetition going from one difficulty to another, if it wasn't for the terrible writing and story. There is little lasting appeal 4 weeks later, and I cannot motivate myself to keep repeatedly running the same bosses for loot.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

try playing with friends it dose make it more fun playing by myself gets boring sometimes but with a friend its fun right now im doing act 2 on nightmare just taking my time. i do a little solo and if a friend decide's to join i just start off where they left off so they catch up.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I enjoyed the first time around, on regular. Loved it, was so excited to log in and play. By the time I'd done it on nightmare too, I wasn't really interested in doing it again...so I could do it again...so I could keep effing playing through the same story again. So I haven't gotten the urge to log in in over a week. I'm back on WoW. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    i will get bored when all classes have beaten diablo on inferno... xD
    Which they have. Did you mean on hardcore? Nobody has killed Diablo on hardcore inferno yet.

If you've cleared Inferno, then you've put in a lot of hours. Probably around 40-80 at least? That's far more than most games will give you these days.

I think a lot of people who are shocked that they're getting bored of D3 'so quickly' are those who got suckered into all the stories about people still playing D2 10 years after it came out. Sure, people are doing that, but they're the significant minority. Most won't really be able to do that: most will get bored after completing the game on a couple of difficulties, getting a level 60 character, that sort of thing.

I'm pretty sure there'll be people still playing D3 in a few years to come. Most will definitely have moved on by then though, which is ok. D3 would still have given you a lot more than most games these days do.

That said, maybe try the game again when the PvP patch is released? That'll probably breathe new life into the game for a lot of people. I'd imagine that's coming out in a couple of months or so.

Deleted
    Really enjoyed it on normal... got bored very fast half way through nightmare. I can understand why people push to Inferno though

I agree. Barely finished Act I......on normal. lol

definitely not my cup of tea.

Deleted
    You all wasted money, now get back to wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that great when you play alone, but it's awesome with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    And so is every other video game ever made.

The point is whether or not you find it fun. People that like dungeon crawlers and random loot find the game fun. Perhaps you, as an MMO player (?), don't.

Do I think Diablo 3 has gotten boring? I've played nearly 100 hours of it, so I'm taking a break in order to not burnout on it (Just got to Inferno with my brother and girlfriend). But, I do plan on chugging through Inferno very soon. Once that's accomplished, I'll play it like I play SC2: whenever I have the itch to play it. So, ultimately, no, I don't think it has gotten boring, even with that much time put into it.

It's not that great when you play alone, but it's awesome with friends.
    Also, this. Many people I've played with have gotten bored because they rushed through the game solo. We're still having a blast.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2012-06-09 at 02:17 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Deleted
    I still love it, not bored at all.

Most people who vote otherwise simply weren't players of D2 and/or simply don't like the type of game Diablo is. Running the same shit all over on higher difficulties, randomized loot. Also most of those bored people haven't accomplished much and aren't willing to put the time/gold into gearing (melee mostly).

Personally I still like the game very much, I am mostly done with softcore now though, game beaten by cheesy ranged (DH) and then in the full version as a Barb. Slowly dipping into Hardcore now, 51 Barb atm. Honestly HC is where the real challenge is, even leveling through Hell is pretty eventful and enjoyable.

I was bored of the game mid way through hell. Grinding for hours in Act 1 Inferno for mostly usless gear is not my cup of tea.

Its to the point where id much rather grind archeology instead.
    Last edited by DarkSavior; 2012-06-09 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    I still ove diablo.. just killed belail on inferno.. Diablo was a OK game till inferno then is whene i started loving it.. I play the game casual so i did not rush..

I like the random loot.. not even 1 of the items i have on comes from loting but from AH.. I like playing the AH.. it makes the game even more fun for me..

Most pll who complain about diablo have 1. no friends to play with 2. cant handle inferno 3. they cant play the AH and expect loot every boss fight..

I beat Skeleton King on Hell, haven't had the want to play it since.