Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirah View Post
    Yeah the elder scrolls games are fecking awsome.. single player but with the MMO size and feeling..
    Indeed my good sir.

It's definitely not a bad game. But not a really good one either, at least imo. It took me a couple weeks to reach 60, mainly because it felt incredibly boring to go on after completing normal. But I did, and after I got to inferno it became... sort of fun. I mean, I don't play more than 1 hour a day, but it feels fun. Not sure how much it's gonna last, though. At least for me. I'll probably kill diablo on inferno at some point, but I will NEVER play another character again. The pain...would be unbearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirah View Post
    yeah Mass effect is also for the PC atleast ME2/3 are cant remember with 1..

FPS spikes are only bad for me just as i logg in.. always takes like 1 min. for it to settle down and then its fine. I love KOTR1/2 a lot :P

Good to know. I may check them out later when I get my few paychecks :P The FPS spikes to me are MASSIVE where I'm hindered. It has even snuck in on WoW. Can't even PVP correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Haha *giggles* a pve mage talking about ""vast quantity of buttons"...

OT: I liked a lot D3, having played D1 - D2 didn't make me whine, I think it depends on the person.-
    To bad i am also a rogue a paladin a warlock a warrior and a 2nd mage though :/ And if mage is that easy go get some ranks btw and see how easy that is with the competition we got on this "ez mode" class.

As i said i am awful though so what do i know i am sure you are better !
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-06-09 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Its funny, I keep seeing people on forums make grand claims like this and yet every single D2 player I talk to in-game really enjoys D3 and sees it as basically the same thing with some flaws and many major improvements.

The game is not bad, but it isn't as fun as was Diablo 1 or 2. Diablo 3 is a gold farm game, some people love that, some doesn't.
    - You cannot jump into packs of mobs without fear of being one shotted (actually YOU WILL GET ONE SHOTED in D3 inferno).
    - You cannot raid a boss lair without fearing what kind of champions mob is in there (invulnerable + extra fast = gg).
    - Actually raiding a boss (or doing the old Bhaal Run) isnt even necessary, since boss drops nothing special at all.

Could you consider that you perhaps are seeing D2 in slightly rose tinted nostalgia glasses? Just two things to consider:
    - How do you account for all the people who got many drops instead of buying them from AH? The Ah is used a lot but its also greatly exaggerated by many people, its far from 100% of your loot

Say ONE person that doesn't used the AH to get gear they needed and is farming Act III-IV inferno - preference for melee classes (not those ranged who cheap shot mobs with kiting). Please, don't come with corpse hopping or "friends rushed me to waypoints" or "bough only one or two itens".

Not to mention, AH itself isn't the problem. The main problem is: Diablo 3, as it is, is a GOLD FARM game. Very LOW drop rate with option to buy gear with gold and, in near future, real money. And guess what, someone will stay 12hours farming some item that may or not drop, or use the BUYOUT option ?

- Do you remember how badly abused, hacked and cheated D1 and D2 were? It doesn't even come close. Trying to be a legit player in those games when they first came out was terrible.

Yes, they were. And Diablo 2 had a 100% online mode just how Diablo 3 is - and guess what, it had plenty of hacks and bots - so what gonna make D3 so different from the realm characters? Btw, bots are already in.

- How is Diablo 3 a B2P game if the cash shop is "soon to come out"? Especially given that people already beat Inferno without RMAH. You're complaining about something that isn't even in the game yet. At least wait to see whats its like when its released before declaring that it'll turn the game into a B2P?
    Shutdown battle.net and you can't play Diablo 3. That means it is a Buy to Play game, you need blizzard servers to be up in order to play and you need a permament connection with them as long as you play. No offline mode: buy to play game. Not sure, but somewhere in the TOS is probably written that you accept Blizzard powers to terminate your d3 experience without you having something to say about it.

And the RMAH is another name for cash shop. Instead blizzard selling the itens you gonna need, other players do it for her and she only takes a "share". Don't understand me wrong, nothing against cash shop, but as i said before: Diablo 3 is a gold farm game and bots will make the prices skyrock (gold will be worthless for botters). So a normal or "legit" player will end up with the 20kk gold for the item he needs or wants how?

Had Blizzard kept in mind that Diablo is a loot game, the value of gold would be near nil. AH use would be an exception. But diablo 3 is a gold farming game, so it is made that you will, eventually, cross with the AH.

Also, don't forget Bashiok deleted post comment: the AH has influence over the RNG drop in your "so called" single player onlie experience.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    1. No. Dont believe what you hear

2. Ah usage isnt optional but mandatory

3. Yes. but the vast majority of the playerbase as seen through polls plays it purely as a single player game. And not because they dont have friends but because they see the game for what it is. A single player game above all else. They log wow after to raid with their friends.
    1. Thats what D2 was for what... 12 years? And it was still an amazing game.

2. Optional. Merely a timesaver and beats RNG. Hell, half the time items are ridiculously expensive anyway.

3. Not all people who play D3 play WoW, and vice versa. Terrible assumption.
    It was developed as a multiplayer game. They just allowed single player because it would suck ass to play with random people whenever Real ID friends weren't on.

Edit: If the game is singleplayer... then don't use the RMAH or AH or play with friends. There, boom. Singleplayer game.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2012-06-10 at 09:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konoz View Post
    2. pll expect loot every boss fight.. every peice of my gear comes from the AH and i love it.. i enjoy playing the AH
    I think this is a valid complaint. I'm now doing Act 3 on Hell, but I'm mostly still wearing items from Nightmare.

Why? Hardly any items drop, and when they do they're for the wrong class. Randomization is fine, but I think it's a little overdone.

This was not such an issue in Diablo 2, so what gives? Are we forced to use the Auction House now?
    Because I really wanted to play without it. Just like I could play Diablo 2 without trading items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    Its because inferno is ridiculos, if you werent lucky with gear drops in hell, you will have to farm hell, in order to not get oneshotted by everything on inferno