Page 1 of 3
LastLast

universe/heaven according to me! A combination of religion & science!

I've been pitching an action series in my head for a few years now and have realized that I did much more that create a cast of characters I created a very interesting universe theory that combines science, religion, and many other interesting things.

Let me get this out of the way 1st: Some things my be a little bit outlandish, in need of work, or you may not agree with them but bear with me and see what my theory is before complaining.
    Also it's long.

I've invented my own theory on how the heavens/religions/sciences work.
    In my theory heaven and hell both exist. In a seperate universe shell... but that's for later. You do good you go up! You do bad you go down! BUT this is all dependent on what you believe and how your mind works. Like if a Jewish or Mormon or Christian doesn't follow his mindset he will face judgement specified for him. However: For example if your an atheist and your goal is to succeed and fulfill yourself and you don't believe in afterlife than you won't have one. (Doesn't mean your bad it's just you didn't want it. It's neutral in the grand sceme)

Now we enter what I call the immortal domain. The seperate universe shell! "I was kinda inspired by Greek mythology on this." Every universe has a realm that living Mortals cannot enter. In order to get here you had to have been created through the mind of someone imagination or dead. This is where all the "gods" live. Each is assigned a specific task based on where they fall apon creation or death.

Their are a few specified ranks that an immortal can receive but it would take me even longer to go through them. So a lowly angel can become a god if he's lucky same for a demon. So I'll skip to what the domain IS. Like I said before no mortals can enter it. It also changes variances for the person in it. I'm still christian raised so in my head a mass killer can't go up to heaven. But remember long and WIP. It may get abit choppy from here

In this domain heaven sits at the top, purgatory in the middle and hell at the bottom. All dead life enters through what I call the Soul Well of Judgement. Here they are judged based on how they followed their beliefs. If it tips in their favor they go up! If it doesnt they go down and become a demon. If the scale remains nuetral the soul will remain in purgotory until he recieves judgement from the high-up gods. Examples for our universe: Buddha, Mohamed, Jesus, etc Hell is where souls get tormented and only the strong servive! Heaven is where angels train to gain ranks, what they ask for, etc. And purgetory is a white empty space except for a few spots like the well.

Now we move to our universe! This one is pretty simple.. everything is created in the mortal universe through that specific universes science. However Nature and creation cannot happen without a spark. This is where gods come in! Each and every god or world maker (Current,past,future) is created before said planet where they are though up! They all create worlds based on their image to a specified faith. Then they fuse the idea together in "Heaven" and spark nature to take it's course! Planets and areas with no life are still created because their will always exist a creator.

We are considered the lowest life forms...being mortal and all. Followed by ghosts, and then immortals. Ghosts are an in between. They are in our universe but think they are in heaven. Like lost souls trying to find a way up. If they stay here too long they are force through the heavens and become something else. But talking on that will just complicate things.
    Key notes I may have missed: Mortal potential powers, reincarnation as a new being, parallel universes, time travel, and anything imagined being managed in the immortal plains.

(Secret: All religions are correct in my theory.) I don't affiliate myself with any organized religion. I'm no atheist either because I believe in afterlife. So please don't pester me on my topic and tell me: What do you think of my story mythos?

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree and simply state that we don't know what happens when we die. We don't. Anything else is pure speculation. The dead do not share their experiences with the living.

There may be a heaven or a hell but I don't think anyone will ever know until they die. And even then, you still might not know.
    Putin khuliyo

How can all religions be correct in your story if it doesnt include what people think will happen to those who do not follow their faith

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    How can all religions be correct in your story if it doesnt include what people think will happen to those who do not follow their faith
    Who says any religion is correct?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I've been pitching an action series in my head for a few years now and have realized that I did much more that create a cast of characters I created a very interesting universe theory that combines science, religion, and many other interesting things.

Let me get this out of the way 1st: Some things my be a little bit outlandish, in need of work, or you may not agree with them but bear with me and see what my theory is before complaining.
    Also it's long.

I've invented my own theory on how the heavens/religions/sciences work.
    In my theory heaven and hell both exist. In a seperate universe shell... but that's for later. You do good you go up! You do bad you go down! BUT this is all dependent on what you believe and how your mind works. Like if a Jewish or Mormon or Christian doesn't follow his mindset he will face judgement specified for him. However: For example if your an atheist and your goal is to succeed and fulfill yourself and you don't believe in afterlife than you won't have one. (Doesn't mean your bad it's just you didn't want it. It's neutral in the grand sceme)

Now we enter what I call the immortal domain. The seperate universe shell! "I was kinda inspired by Greek mythology on this." Every universe has a realm that living Mortals cannot enter. In order to get here you had to have been created through the mind of someone imagination or dead. This is where all the "gods" live. Each is assigned a specific task based on where they fall apon creation or death.

Their are a few specified ranks that an immortal can receive but it would take me even longer to go through them. So a lowly angel can become a god if he's lucky same for a demon. So I'll skip to what the domain IS. Like I said before no mortals can enter it. It also changes variances for the person in it. I'm still christian raised so in my head a mass killer can't go up to heaven. But remember long and WIP. It may get abit choppy from here

In this domain heaven sits at the top, purgatory in the middle and hell at the bottom. All dead life enters through what I call the Soul Well of Judgement. Here they are judged based on how they followed their beliefs. If it tips in their favor they go up! If it doesnt they go down and become a demon. If the scale remains nuetral the soul will remain in purgotory until he recieves judgement from the high-up gods. Examples for our universe: Buddha, Mohamed, Jesus, etc Hell is where souls get tormented and only the strong servive! Heaven is where angels train to gain ranks, what they ask for, etc. And purgetory is a white empty space except for a few spots like the well.

Now we move to our universe! This one is pretty simple.. everything is created in the mortal universe through that specific universes science. However Nature and creation cannot happen without a spark. This is where gods come in! Each and every god or world maker (Current,past,future) is created before said planet where they are though up! They all create worlds based on their image to a specified faith. Then they fuse the idea together in "Heaven" and spark nature to take it's course! Planets and areas with no life are still created because their will always exist a creator.

We are considered the lowest life forms...being mortal and all. Followed by ghosts, and then immortals. Ghosts are an in between. They are in our universe but think they are in heaven. Like lost souls trying to find a way up. If they stay here too long they are force through the heavens and become something else. But talking on that will just complicate things.
    Key notes I may have missed: Mortal potential powers, reincarnation as a new being, parallel universes, time travel, and anything imagined being managed in the immortal plains.

(Secret: All religions are correct in my theory.) I don't affiliate myself with any organized religion. I'm no atheist either because I believe in afterlife. So please don't pester me on my topic and tell me: What do you think of my story mythos?
    Sounds like bad D&D fanfic to be honest.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 09:37 PM ----------

Simple - they are all nonsense.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm no atheist either because I believe in afterlife.
    An atheist can believe in an afterlife. What makes a person an atheist is that they don't believe in god.

As for the story: well... it's a story, that's it.

You could just say : What you think that happens to you after you die, will happen to you.

If you don't follow your faith than you get personally judged negatively. If your into religion and honor it as a main source for final judgement.

Please keep this civil. I had to write alot.. ALSO understand that the idea came from a fictional creation so it's abit more difficult to translate it to RL.

Deleted
    I highly suspect OP's post is actually designed to trap our souls, so he may eat them. D;

This story would require that everytime someone creates a religion, everytime someone prays to a "new" or "personal" god, that that god and it's heaven/hell be created the second the prayer is done.

Very much like in the original black and white game (godsim)

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    An atheist can believe in an afterlife. What makes a person an atheist is that they don't believe in god.

As for the story: well... it's a story, that's it.
    But the thing is I believe in every god as well as the afterlife. I personally dislike religion but wanted to come up with a universe theory I could call my own...I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be missing the fact that religions are merely representations of the society that they exist in. You can quite clearly chart the changes in religious ideologies through the history of mankind.

But the thing is I believe in every god as well as the afterlife. I personally dislike religion but wanted to come up with a universe theory I could call my own...I guess.
    You can't really do that, since many gods claim that they are the only god, so that logic kinda eats itself.
    Do you really believe in all of em, or do you just like the story, because I love the greek gods, but that doesn't mean I belief in em.

I'm agnostic and believe religion is man made for several reasons. I personally think it was made to appeal to and satisfy the needs of people that lack structure and direction in their life, or people that simply want to be a part of something. Or maybe it's to make the prospect of dying less daunting?
    Not to mention religion in most is introduced at a young age where most youngsters mimic their parents and learn a lot of right from wrong from them. Like how a person bends down to pick something up can normally be traced back to what a child saw their mother do picking things up. If a child is introduced to religion and told things are right over and over before they really lack the mental capacity to comprehend it properly, let alone enough to question any of it, I think it's safe to say that most people just accept it as right and because they have thought it for so long before they can question it, they generally defend it vehemently because it's quite a big part of their life that's being called into question.

I believe in the big bang theory and all of the science after that which explains evolution bla bla, but the thing that gets me every time is that something simply doesn't come from nothing and that there must have been something before the universe.
    Last edited by Palmatum; 2012-06-09 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    This story would require that everytime someone creates a religion, everytime someone prays to a "new" or "personal" god, that that god and it's heaven/hell be created the second the prayer is done.

Very much like in the original black and white game (godsim)
    Good analysis. It can sorta work like that. What I may have forgot to mention was the fact that we don't know what the immortal plain is as mortals.
    (Only in my series.) I'd like to summerize that your god is important if you want him to be and can impact/influence your life. But as it stands you still face judgement.

As to the "anything goes part." once you die you can't alter what you created/beliefs. You also cant up your rank and will always start as angel or demon. The alter things as a mortal thing in your favor works the way I have it but it's alot harder to translate it into RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Who says any religion is correct?
    He says so in his bottom sentence - im trying to figure out what he means by it

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    You can't really do that, since many gods claim that they are the only god, so that logic kinda eats itself.
    Do you really believe in all of em, or do you just like the story, because I love the greek gods, but that doesn't mean I belief in em.
    So what? Why can't I? If their god hates me so be it. I still believe he exists.

But the thing is I believe in every god
    And the thing is that many of those gods are in contradiction with eachother (some gods claim they are the only god etc.) so they cannot all be true. Ofcourse you could argue that it's the religions themselves who claim there's only one god and not the god itself, if it existed. But the problem is that you would have no idea of these gods if you didn't first hear about them from the religion they supposedly represent.

I'm not sure how far one could take this discussion before the topic is closed so I'll stop now.

What is this... Honestly.. if you are trying to make any form of reality out of this mish-mash you have here, just focus on ONE idea. If you try to go too far into the details on everything you will just end up confusing yourself and your readers/watchers/bystanders. If any of these ideas is not critical to the story then why are you telling them?

Deleted
    Utter nonsense.
    All of the major religions specifically state that any other religion is wrong. If they're all correct they're all wrong... It doesn't make sense and is completely incoherent. Not a very good story, nor a very nice thought.