Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I think its time for nerfs... [Rogues]

Hello fellow mmo-champions,

I think it's not a surprised to anyone that rogues are godly OP atm, 2 smoke bombs, 2 vanish, endless stun, OP recuperation...

Does anyone know what blizzard is waiting to nerf them, its pretty sad that in 90% of the teams in 2v2,3v3,5v5, there's at least 1 rogue if not two. Why are they not like druids? One stealth, you lose it, find a way to get out of combat, 1 smoke bomb and nerfed recuperation it would be more balanced.

What nerfs would you like to see on rogues?

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't losing to Rogues.

You're losing to a bandaid-fix legendary and H Vial.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are about 6 months to late with the complaining, 5.0 hopefully wont be long then its a whole new balancing act.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

we all know rogues are the most op class atm. TBH, i didnt really want 2 believe it until i fully dotted up a rogue with my shadow priest, and his recuperate was out healing 90% of my dot damage. 9700-10100 sp. /sigh

Not only that im at %31.50 haste which is the maximum pvp haste breakpoint threshold. FUUUUUUUUUU

Deleted
    The only thing I don't like about rogues is that I cannot prevent them from running away for good, and this happens to me as a hunter! I guess it's even worse for other classes.

In 1on1 encounters, a rogue either wins OR he doesn't lose. I can beat most rogues, but the killing blow just doesn't happen, IF their intention is to run away at some point. I can't stop that. This is mostly about BGs and Tol Barad world PvP, where I often have 1on1 against rogues. As soon as they realize that they won't win, they burn everything to get away, and their escape chance is amazing, close to 100%.

So Blizz should either do something about vanish, which is basically a counter free ability after all the buffs it received in the past, or preparation needs to go (and it IS gone in MoP beta, either prep or mobility). If this beta talent tier stays as it is, the problem is as good as solved.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-06-10 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Yep, it's always good news when you get stuck in a horrid balance position in the last (and previous) patch of an expansion. You know there is at least one year long of fun ahead for you. So, as said, don't expect any nerf. They aren't working in anything of Cata right now.

Deleted
    Lol I bet the OP is a mage

Rogues are ridicolously OP, it's not even fun. Infinite stun, best slow (why would they need the best slow in game?), disarm, OP damage/burst, can escape at any time and can reset all that and use it again.

It's like warlocks in vanilla. Since TBC Rogues has always been the most OP class in pvp

I'm playing frost DK

Deleted
    Even Rogues in shit gear with 130k HP refuses to die, even though I'm in either full Cata PvP gear or full BiS heroic PvE gear. They just have the best of everything, FF them and np they just clear it. So even if you do manage to get them low, they just stealth and run away.

And no, this is not just because of the welfare legendary or VoS, it's mainly because the class is so freaking OP broken. True that the legendary doesn't make it any better but even without it, Rogues just have too much of everything.

Deleted
    rogues will be this way till MoP. Then you'll whine about Warlocks, maybe mages and probably rogue burst and cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaffleSpike View Post
    Why are they not like druids?
    you are right, bear form with insane heals and 80% damage reduction, undispellable cc without a cooldown and cat damage is really balanced!

Legendaries and pve trinkets in pvp will be a thing of the past in mop. not only will all trinkets come with resil like they normally do, but they come with pvp power (makes you do more damage and heals on players), and they come with your primary stat too (agi/str/intel/spirit), AND they come with on-use/random burst agi/str/intel/spirit or the CC clear effect. Same with weapons; any sort of pve stats you gain will be hugely counteracted by the loss of resilience, making you squishier, and the loss of pvp power, making you hit like a wet noodle.

Deleted
    It's a shame in this long long patch that blizzard will not take the time to put a bit of thought and reworking into the game's pvp and have a look at what's wrong with it, for example, it can't be too hard to see that legendary items should not be usable in rated arenas. Fair enough rogues are monstrously OP but there are many other things in pvp that are stupid as well such as bear form survivability/instant cyclone from feral druids and the combination of an affliction lock and restoration shaman playing together in 3s.

Deleted
    I dont think rogues are that op, the only thing i hate with them is THAT THEY REQUIRE ZERO SKILLS TO ESCAPE!

Deleted
    That's Rogue scaling for you. Remember Warriors? They got gimped and so Will rogues come MoP until a couple of Tiers in.

The real problem is not vanish, 2 smoke bombs or recup. I play a rogue myself and the only thing I really find op is Find weakness that bypass 70% of the targets armor combined with all that PvE stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Even Rogues in shit gear with 130k HP refuses to die, even though I'm in either full Cata PvP gear or full BiS heroic PvE gear. They just have the best of everything, FF them and np they just clear it. So even if you do manage to get them low, they just stealth and run away.

And no, this is not just because of the welfare legendary or VoS, it's mainly because the class is so freaking OP broken. True that the legendary doesn't make it any better but even without it, Rogues just have too much of everything.
    If you can't kill a rogue with 130k hp as a feral with HC pieces and Full cata available... you basicly need to get bleed off and he's a dead man. FF can only be cleared by a 1.5 minute cooldown and you take no effort to apply it at all. An equally geared rogue beats a feral unless the feral gets the opener (and even then), I agree there, but if you outgear the rogue that much its an L2P issue from your side. Like I said, with trinket up you'll get 10k+ rip crits on people with that kind of gear. This is coming from someone who has experience as both feral and rogue. (And like I said, rogueVferal is just sad when equally geared, feral has no chance.)

Don't expect any nerfs though, just wait until 5.0 when rogues will have a gigantic ramp up time in PvP as sub and they'll go back to being the least played class. The double bomb removal is actually a pretty good thing IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RaffleSpike View Post
    Hello fellow mmo-champions,

I think it's not a surprised to anyone that rogues are godly OP atm, 2 smoke bombs, 2 vanish, endless stun, OP recuperation...

Does anyone know what blizzard is waiting to nerf them, its pretty sad that in 90% of the teams in 2v2,3v3,5v5, there's at least 1 rogue if not two. Why are they not like druids? One stealth, you lose it, find a way to get out of combat, 1 smoke bomb and nerfed recuperation it would be more balanced.

What nerfs would you like to see on rogues?

Your wasting your time.

Rogues were OP in Vanilla
    Rogues were OP in TBC
    Rogues were OP in WotLK
    Rogues were OP in Cata
    Rogues will be OP in MoP

Rogues basically ruin World PvP for everyone else
    Rogues also ruin arena for everyone else
    Rogues also ruin BG's for everyone else

PvP would be a whole lot more popular if the Rogue class simply didnt exist.

Blizzard are incapable of doing anything else with Rogues except to make them rediculously OP.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    That's Rogue scaling for you. Remember Warriors? They got gimped and so Will rogues come MoP until a couple of Tiers in.
    No they wont.

Blizzard has never nerfed Rogues in the history of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    You aren't losing to Rogues.

You're losing to a bandaid-fix legendary and H Vial.
    You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikebans View Post
    Blizzard has never nerfed Rogues in the history of WoW.
    Haha, holy shit oh wow. I'm sure someone else is going to come along with a comprehensive list of why you're absolutely stupid, but I'm just going to laugh.

Why don't we take all the other classes,

and buff them up to par with rogues instead?