beta camera issues

Is there any way to set the camera so it never adjusts itself. It's especially annoying whenever i'm moving the character pivots itself automatically to default position. I like in WoW that I can run in one direction while having the camera face another direction so i can target and attack behind me WITHOUT having to hold down the mouse button. When I have to hold the mouse button to keep the camera facing a certain way while moving, I can't target because the second I go to click on something, it adjusts itself.

I have a similar question... Can you really only zoom out such a tiny amount? I feel like I'm right up the characters ass when I'm playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the design concept is to make you feel more connected with your character thus making the game more visceral.
    It's rather con traversal, and I lot of people don't like it.

yeah, this is a bad game design. There should be an option for a free roam camera that's not automatically adjust every time you move.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not "bad game design". It's actually achieves what it sets out to quite well. The question is, is with worth the consequences.

They want us to evade damage by rolling out of the way. It's very hard for me to to kite and evade mobs, especially those that are in groups, if my camera doesn't allow me to move and target mobs in back of me, and to pivot the camera around as I fight to see if any others are incoming. In wow I sidestep most of the time while turning the camera often when in combat. I suppose that's just what I'm used to.

I had the same problem when I'm moving around my camera for my video sometimes. It's nice to be able to look up and it auto adjusts to what is going on. It feels like I'm playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer when I have to glance around so much. I would rather focus solely on myself and the damage spells inflict. The game in itself is great for beta.

Though I said same thing about TOR.

This game is completely different formula. I could see myself playing this for hours on end on weekdays.