Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That being said, they aren't meant to be a place for you to go and be "invincible" all of a sudden. Riot changed the way towers did damage a while ago so that they didn't hit as hard early but could still be more than a pretty statue late game. You'll notice when you face-tank a tower that the more you get hit, the more damage it does. They have an un-seen stacking ArP "buff" when it continually hits a target. Even a fully geared tank with all the armor in the world will, eventually, get shredded by the tower without help (such as help from a teammate, buff or Rammus' ult)

If your getting tower dived and dying either; 1. the enemy team is doing everything right to pull it off successfully (coordinating the attack, using the right strat, knowing when to dive, knowing ward placement/lack thereof) or 2. your doing it wrong (no wards, getting caught with too low HP with a champ with no escapes)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisynn View Post
    @Trollspwn I assume you've never played an AD carry bottom lane and been dived under a tower with full health by a tank/bruiser and their AD carry, and they just run off scott free?
    Ye, outplayed. Where is your support? Why didn´t you see the tank/bruiser coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Ye, outplayed. Where is your support? Why didn´t you see the tank/bruiser coming?
    Sorry but ive seen too many poor excuses of people playing support. They think they have to hit ur minions or hit the other champs instead of sitting back and letting u farm while the jungle does the ganking

10+ Year Old Account
    Singed tower dives at lvl 6 like a boss. Darius as well. If your sitting under your tower at 20% health your probably gonna get dive when against champs that can.

You'll probably get those times when you're gonna get dived and no one's there to help you.

The difference is how you handle it. I've seen several people dive one guy and he comes out alive because he just jukes them around the tower until they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have noticed this of late.... it just seems that once you get past a certain level, towers become a bit pointless...

maybe do something like make each progressive turret hit harder? So the turrets right at mid are the same as they are now, but then as you get closer to the enemy base, the turrets get stronger and stronger, until those final two just in front of your nexus are hitting like trucks. It's a bit disheartening to see a bruiser walk up to your nexus turrets, your last line of defense, and not even need to wait for a minion wave, just rock them down solo and barely lose any health.

Or do something like make the turrets hit for a % of your health. That way it would be impossible to just stack a bunch of health/lifedrain and make their damage trivial
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

You guys are still failing to see with harder hitting turrets early game will just be a farm fest and late game will drag on forever

It's because you'll want to get those towers down EVENTUALLY, but if the other team just kills your minions, you could never get it down and they could just camp under it.

Not to mention you would absolutely NEED an AD carry/fast-hitting champion to get them down, and they can't be everywhere at once.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a couple bars of health, you shouldn't treat towers as your wall of invincibility. Hell, I'll dive at you with Veigar if that was the case. That being said, I do think the damage needs to be % based or scale a little bit the further the game goes on. When the game gets late, you can ignore having minions of any sort, send tank in to take hits everyone blows it up in a few seconds, seems to be a bit of a formality at that point.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I have noticed this of late.... it just seems that once you get past a certain level, towers become a bit pointless...

maybe do something like make each progressive turret hit harder? So the turrets right at mid are the same as they are now, but then as you get closer to the enemy base, the turrets get stronger and stronger, until those final two just in front of your nexus are hitting like trucks. It's a bit disheartening to see a bruiser walk up to your nexus turrets, your last line of defense, and not even need to wait for a minion wave, just rock them down solo and barely lose any health.

Or do something like make the turrets hit for a % of your health. That way it would be impossible to just stack a bunch of health/lifedrain and make their damage trivial
    They do already. You not noticing it doesn't mean this isn't already the case.

Simply put: if you are getting tower dived on, the enemy is doing things right and you are doing things wrong. Fix your play instead of trying to fix the game where it isn't broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago towers used to do much much more base damage but they didn't have the % armor pen that they do now.

Then it would either be you got shot for 500 if you had no armor or you got hit for 80 if you were playing rammus or something.

Now they have lower ad but like 50% arpen or something.

This way is probably better than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    No...just no. They don't.
    No, this is where you are wrong, they do.

Towers in League undoubtedly do too much damage. In DotA towers do far less damage and this opens up a lot of more excitement to the game coupled with TP scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Compared to DotA... in LoL the tower protects you. In DotA you protect the tower.
    It really is sad that this is the case, it makes the game very passive and boring during the entire laning phase. It could be a much better and more exciting game if towers did not hit like nuclear blasts until quite late in the game.

But then again, LoL IS more "simplified" than DotA, and we don't want the games to be too much alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too fucking strong. Promote such passive gameplay, pretty much force a lane phase for 10 minutes. They start to balance out Mid/Late, but early game it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Minisynn View Post
    @Trollspwn I assume you've never played an AD carry bottom lane and been dived under a tower with full health by a tank/bruiser and their AD carry, and they just run off scott free?
    And I mean early game, not mid-late.
    The joy of being Malphite. Armor stacking for the most part anyways and dive squishies in bot under their tower for that last little bit.

I just hate it how bruisers/tanks can shrug them of mid/late game. Other than that I like towers as they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Too fucking strong. Promote such passive gameplay, pretty much force a lane phase for 10 minutes. They start to balance out Mid/Late, but early game it's ridiculous.
    And I suppose being 5 man dives at level 1 would be a fun meta right?

They are fine as they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tower killed me at lvl 18 as kennen, therefore they are too strong. nerf plz.

In all seriousness, they are fine because they aren't meant to be the threat late game. late game is all about teamfights while early/mid game is about laning.

They're fine. Early game they protect you, and late game you're supposed to protect them. I don't see any problems with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    And I suppose being 5 man dives at level 1 would be a fun meta right?

They are fine as they are.
    If a team decides to move 4 players from all their lanes and give up farm to kill 1 person, then I don't mind. Gameplay like that would be a hell of a lot more aggressive and engaging than right now. Dragon & Baron are there to counteract the lack of early game towers, but their strength is ridiculous.

That's also the most horrible use of "meta" I've ever heard.