Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Inferno, not so much hard as it is tedious?

So last night I was frustrated; because I couldn't get a good group to get my DH through Act IV hell. (Rakkanoth 1 shotting me because people kept running away and letting me take his teleport hit.)

So I did some elite auction house browsing and made a "tank" gear set for my Demon Hunter. With it I was able to solo the rest of Act IV Hell difficulty; albeit still requiring immense strategy; which was really awesome and fun, and when I finally laid Diablo out, I felt absolutely elated.

Now that I'm on Inferno though, joining a game and having fun with other people is more difficult, because I'm now limited to playing with the top 1 or 2 percentile, even less, considering most people who are on Inferno progression are hung up on acts 2 and 3.

Literally, so far, every multi player Act 1 Inferno game I've joined has been a Mira farming run and lasted a whole of 1 minute.

Since it's only Act 1, my survival gear still serves me quite well, so I can challenge elite mob packs, and endurance kite them for 10-15 minutes at a time with minimal wipes. Or I can put on my damage set if it's an easier pack, maybe swap in a bit of magic find. The rewards barely pay the repair bills (and yet Blizzard is raising repair costs...)

Right now it seems I'm caught between trying to farm elite packs for better gear (which never drops) or joining the rest of the Act 1 inferno community and Mira farming, which is boring as sin. But the elite packs, really fail to keep me interested, since most of the time it involves running like hell and dropping a spike trap every time I have enough of a head start to not die by doing so. Mortar packs are fun, because they involve a lot of vaulting around and stopping to shoot, but that's about it.)

Every now and then obviously everybody will encounter; fast invincible minion walling vortex or something ridiculously cruel like that, where you'll have to give up your Valor buff to build yourself specifically to take it down (or to say GG and start over).

Either way; Kiting gets really tedious and boring after a while. Other options include cheapening the experience for myself by gold farming easy stuff so that I can buy UBER GEAR and faceroll things. I mean I could just pile on some gold find gear and faceroll nightmare diablo over and over again for hours and buy some sexy gear; but that's not fun.

So I kind of feel like the ball was really dropped there.

My wish list for fixing it wouldn't really be too unreasonable I don't think.

I think the DH needs survivability abilities that are actually fun to use. SS was fun before the nerf. In one way I can see why it would get nerfed, because I was invisible for most of my fight against Nightmare mode Diablo, but actually rotating cooldowns to effectively achieve that was fun and interesting.

Plus I mean, DH can equip shields; why not have skills that might encourage some DH to use shields, some sort of knock back perhaps? Right now it seems like: Damage build, use quiver, if there's any chance of getting hit, use shield. But for gods sake, this game needs less running away from demons. I'm a Demon HUNTER, I should be running after them.

They are going the right way next patch with the NV tweaks, but where they are really dropping the ball is by making Ilevel 61-62 gear farmable in Acts III and IV Hell difficulty.

So now every man and his dog will be doing Inferno difficulty, since they'll just farm Ghom for Ilevel 61-62 gear and Faceroll Act IV (which Act IV hell actually takes skill to get through right now.)

The ONLY change they really need to make as far as gear goes is the one I said, none of this "requires level 54" crap dropping on Inferno difficulty.
    TLDR
    Inferno is ridiculously tedious and not fun. It doesn't need to be nerfed by dropping inferno gear in hell difficulty, it just needs to be tweaked so that when you spend 15 minutes kiting a fast molten walling invulnerable minion scavanger you are duly rewarded for it, instead of being slapped in the face by "Crappy ring of the crap".
    Last edited by Gheld; 2012-06-10 at 05:17 PM.

RNG is RNG and I don't want garbage face roll mobs. I want to have to react to abilities instead of just eating everything.

I like it where it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear should not be thought of as a reward but rather a tool, the award should be getting the achieve when you kill a boss. if you honestly dont feel like wasting time on shit before bosses just cheese it and grave hop to every boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    RNG is RNG and I don't want garbage face roll mobs. I want to have to react to abilities instead of just eating everything.

I like it where it is.
    This.
    OP all it sounds like is you want to breeze through the content without actually making the effort of gearing yourself up. If you're struggling in Act I Inferno maybe it's time to go back to Hell. Also this coming from a DH is just plain silly. You chose a ranged and now you want to facetank, now you whine and I want to /facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I'm a Demon HUNTER, I should be running after them.
    And may I just say after completing inferno on my demon hunter then leveling a barbarian i'd MUCH prefer to run from mobs rather than chasing after them on a melee class.. fuck those fucking bee's and succubus'. 80% of the time spent fighting those fuckers is trying to catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qij View Post
    And may I just say after completing inferno on my demon hunter then leveling a barbarian i'd MUCH prefer to run from mobs rather than chasing after them on a melee class.. fuck those fucking bee's and succubus'. 80% of the time spent fighting those fuckers is trying to catch them.
    Yeah, the bees are terror lol. Imagine in inferno bee with 2 mil hp that keeps fearing/kitting you while doing tons of damage and you have all in all 6k dps to kill her with.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's tedious because you're using a tank set as a DH in inferno. Get your damage up and lol at the mobs.

Tank set for DH? Use SS with lingering fog and prep with 30% no reset rune and stack damage gear.

Also, everything up to Hell is stupid easy compared to inferno, and even then it's not the bosses that are hard. They literally half like a fourth of the HP of elites.

Stack damage, use elemental arrow-void tentacles with the aforementioned abilities, and possibly rain of arrows-dark cloud. Stack damage, go invisible, nuke stuff down one at a time.

yes it isn't hard just a gear mountain to climb, then it feels like its normal again, there are very few things of "skill" best example is this super insane geared wiz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWRO5BNYBek

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    yes it isn't hard just a gear mountain to climb, then it feels like its normal again, there are very few things of "skill" best example is this super insane geared wiz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWRO5BNYBek
    Wow, that's disgusting.

15+ Year Old Account

I like it where it is.
    I like difficult, I do not like stupid. A very large amount of the mobs in Act 2/3/4 Inferno are stupid. Reacting is fine but when the mob designs are made so that you cannot react, things need to change. Examples: Copperfang Lurkers, Lacuni Huntress, Oppressors, Soul Rippers, Blood Moon Impalers, etc etc. With some mild changes to the mobs and the ability to "zoom out" some I believe things will soon be right where they need to be or should have been. Please Blizzard do not nerf the game into a point of boredom.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

I like it where it is.
    i hear if you have enough skill you can dodge jailer/vortex.

O wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QQingshaman View Post

O wait.
    Actually some classes can.

Deleted

O wait.
    Like every class doesn't have a counter for those.
    O wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    Wow, that's disgusting.
    Well yes, when you spend millions of gold on tons of legendaries and set items, you're going to rip through Act 1 like a chainsaw through wet paper bag.

I mean, my monk isn't really THAT good geared, and Act 1 Inferno is a joke for him. (not damage wise, but in the fact that I can just tank anything effortlessly, even elites)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Like every class doesn't have a counter for those.
    O wait!
    then you're on cd until you get pulled back in and get stomped.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

O wait.
    Many classes can actually dodge it you know just saying

O wait.
    Regardless of class or ability usage, you can avoid vortex by positioning around terrain.

Derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toshax View Post
    Regardless of class or ability usage, you can avoid vortex by positioning around terrain.

Derp.
    you do realize affixes are random and sometimes fights happen in very limited environment. The game is pure gear check stop acting like anything other than that is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    you do realize affixes are random and sometimes fights happen in very limited environment. The game is pure gear check stop acting like anything other than that is required.
    If there is one thing you can control, it is positioning. Stop being bad.