Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really have no belief in any kind of supernatural force. Perhaps you have to see it to beleive it, but even then I'd probably rationalize it to be a trick of the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I had the same and it's just your mind trolling you. I never saw a thing at my friends house till he told me he saw it once...than I saw it going to bed at his house aswell. It's amazing what just talking about something can do to your mind.

I don't mind people seeing things and believing it...aslong they keep their bullsh*t to themselves. I don't believe in monsters...doesn't make me less scary when walking down the street/forest in the middle of the night...yes, I am more paranoid about being ambushed by a monster than a rapist or whathever in the middle of the night. (reason I'm off on the street that late is because I come back from a friend...time goes by fast when having fun :P)
    Yea. Reminds me of a picture i saw a while ago, During the day theres a pile of clothes and at night in the dark is a "Scary monster"

Its rather amazing what the mind can do.

Edit: A tad off topic I actually recall waking up one night and seeing a figure at the side of my bed glowing green as if it was a person in a glow in the dark suit, No idea what the hell it was and no i wasn't dreaming. Always assumed it was my sister trying to scare me, That just blew my mind but i simply just went back to sleep.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-11 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Yea. Reminds me of a picture i saw a while ago, During the day theres a pile of clothes and at night in the dark is a "Scary monster"

Its rather amazing what the mind can do.

Edit: A tad off topic I actually recall waking up one night and seeing a figure at the side of my bed glowing green as if it was a person in a glow in the dark suit, No idea what the hell it was and no i wasn't dreaming. Always assumed it was my sister trying to scare me, That just blew my mind but i simply just went back to sleep.
    Like I said, our brains are total assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your eyes are easily decieved by tricks of light and by the brain being stupid. Everything you see is filtered by the brain before you even know what it is you are looking at. Thus anything, any dark and out of focus spot, can easily become a "monster."

I will not believe in ghosts or "shadow people" until there's any sort of solid evidence that such things exist.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    If spirits/ghosts/whatever existed, we would have real evidence, not just some eye witness accounts. If the dead lingered, we'd be seeing them all the time considering all the people who have died throughout history. In other words, you wouldn't have to go looking for them. If you let friends/tv shows convince you this stuff is real, you're just being played for a fool. I'm not calling anyone stupid, I'm just saying belief in this sort of thing is beyond absurd.

I am a firm believer that these types of things are from years of evolution of the fight vs flight response. When we were lower on the food chain, we would see something that would normally catch our eye and cause us to run. However, as we pushed our way to the top of the chain, our mind had to develop stronger senses to scare us away from something potentially dangerous.

Deleted
    I'm scared easily so I hate you for making me read this thread and all scary stories that are in it, why am I so curious damnit

My story has nothing to do with the topic but it is paranormal so here goes :

----

When I was 10 ( summer of 1995 ) I went to a summercamp with the boyscouts. One night the whole camp gathered around a big campfire and watched a puppetry performance, I guess there was about 100 of us.

All of a sudden I saw something coming over the hills, it was a big diskshaped thing filled with lights. I immediately poked 2 buddies sitting next to me asking wtf that was, noone knew. We tried to tell the other kids to look at the sky but they weren't interested and told us they were watching the show. This was mindboggling as the sky was filling up with this giant disk. Once it got closer and closer we heard an engine sound getting louder and louder until we could barely hear the show but NOONE except the 3 of us was bothered by this.

We went mental and screamed why noone was looking the fuck up, the giant disk covered HALF of the sky, hundreds of lights on it and making a LOUD noise. We got shouted at to keep quiet and stop intervening with the show. We couldn't understand what was happening why noone else saw what we saw.

It took about 10 MINUTES before the whole thing passed by as it was massive and slow so we inspected it for a long time to make sure our mind wasn't playing us tricks, I even remember us discussing about if a row of blue light in the front of the disk was a window or not, we were trying to focus our eyes if we could see anything moving in the blue light that's how slow and massive it was.

----

Well the strange thing about this story is obviously that only 3 kids saw it and the rest of the 100 didn't have a clue what we were talking about. Even more strange is that even after 15 years me and 1 of those guys are still 100% sure of what happened that night ( don't have contact anymore with the 3rd guy ).

I never think about it, I just shrug it off as "meh" but I've only got 2 possible explanations of what happened :

1. The thing we saw actually happened

2. Me and the 2 other kids were either drugged or had some kind of food poisoning and were tripping balls.

For the 2nd point it's just so strange that we could give a very detailed description of what happened but like said before, the mind is a powerful tool

I know the exact place where it happened ( WAHA, Belgium ) and I know it happened in the summer and if I ever have the chance or the balls I would love to go back to that spot and see if something happens again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The closest I'd be to this is just randomly seeing shadowy things out of the corners of my eyes.

Deleted
    I've seen Shadow people.

They're not real btw.

They're your mind playing tricks on you.

I've gone into a room and seen them all over, how was that possible? Well, I had slept approximately eight hours in the last five days, came straight from bright sunlight into a dimly lit room...

Deleted
    I see these all the time when I'm sleep deprived.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    I'm actually sort of jealous, considering I've been trying for several years to intentionally induce this sort of state, but I usually just fall asleep before it comes.
    Sleep paralysis isn't fun homie.
    I experienced it after being discharged from the Air Force. A week after being home, I had several panic attacks and couldn't sleep for days. One night, I fell asleep and woke up in a state where everything was warped and fuzzy. Shadows were moving and something kept coming up from under my bed. I couldn't move, I couldn't scream, I couldn't do anything. It was so fucking terrifying that when I woke up, I cried. Like hardcore. Thinking about it still makes me cringe and shiver.
    Another time, when I was in highschool, I guess this was a form of sleep paralysis, but I fell asleep like normal, and then 'woke up' in a dream state, sort of. The only way I could describe it is like I was witnessing me from outside my body. Anyway, I was watching myself go downstairs and head into the kitchen, and then for some fucking reason, the sink was full of knives. I'm just witnessing in horror as I begin to stab myself in the eyes, cut my wrists, slit my throat, and then just throw myself on the knives. When I woke up I was shitting bricks lol. That was some weird shit, although not as scary or as weird as my recent sleep paralysis event.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see these all the time too! One of them follows me around all the damn day... but he's like afraid of the dark or something... only comes out when it's light... He also likes to mock me by mimicking my movements and motions. They're evil I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    I experienced it after being discharged from the Air Force. A week after being home, I had several panic attacks and couldn't sleep for days. One night, I fell asleep and woke up in a state where everything was warped and fuzzy. Shadows were moving and something kept coming up from under my bed. I couldn't move, I couldn't scream, I couldn't do anything. It was so fucking terrifying that when I woke up, I cried. Like hardcore. Thinking about it still makes me cringe and shiver.
    Another time, when I was in highschool, I guess this was a form of sleep paralysis, but I fell asleep like normal, and then 'woke up' in a dream state, sort of. The only way I could describe it is like I was witnessing me from outside my body. Anyway, I was watching myself go downstairs and head into the kitchen, and then for some fucking reason, the sink was full of knives. I'm just witnessing in horror as I begin to stab myself in the eyes, cut my wrists, slit my throat, and then just throw myself on the knives. When I woke up I was shitting bricks lol. That was some weird shit, although not as scary or as weird as my recent sleep paralysis event.
    Thankfully I've never experienced this, but the way to get out of it is to relax and remind yourself that you're hallucinating and nothing can hurt you, and rapidly moving your eyes from side to side, and focusing on trying to move your body, that usually breaks it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe somewhat in ghosts. I don't want to believe because most people believe they know everything there is to the universe, and that our understanding of it is 100% complete, and putting up with them is no fun. But I do believe because I had a ghost experience in the woods near my house, my friend and I were walking up a trail by this big concrete...place (I don't know exactly what it was, they just had concrete mixers and large piles of gravel and sand). I was 12, I think, and my morals weren't exactly what they are today, and me and my friend were hauling some stuff we had "obtained" from the concrete factory place. As we went down the trail I hear a sort of raspy sound, looked around for a second, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Then I hear a very distinct voice in my left ear, a very raspy whisper, (people at this point say it was the wind or something, but there's quite a large difference between the wind and someone whispering in your ear) it was loud as well, like someone really getting up in your ear loud >_<. Despite it being loud, I don't know what it said, I just shouted (or screamed, just trying to make myself sound more manly) and started hauling ass back home, apparently my friend didn't hear it, but whatever.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Man110 View Post
    No I didnt see that (fortunately), but I believe in ghost and spirits and other para-normal stuff, since some of my friends have witnessed first hand it and I believe them. Surely there is something between the Earth and Heaven
    Or Hell..... Dun dun duuunnnn

Shadow People was originally conceived on the Art Bell show from a caller who coined the term.

It's nothing more than your mind trying to create faces and shapes out of nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, but I should have fun sleeping now after clicking on some of those links.

15+ Year Old Account
    I truly believe in the supernatural, and while I can't recall seeing any shadow beings I have seen what I can assume was a ghost. When I was 12 or so walking up to my house there was the face of a man in the window of our second story. There are only two rooms on the second floor of our level, the face was looking out from a room that was completely full old storage crap, and you couldn't even get to that window without moving 6 feet of crap to be even close to it. I rushed inside to see what it was, but everything was in order, or as orderly as that mess could be. I never said anything about it for years, until I was talking with my mom who grew up in the same house, and I offhandedly mentioned it. She questioned which window, and asked when i had seen it. She then told me she had seen the same man looking from that window when she was a young girl, some 20 years before I had but had never told anyone. Now who the man was is still a mystery to me, I'm not even really sure how old that section of the house is.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
    It's all in the brain. You just have to convince yourself that what you're seeing and hearing isn't real. More so than experiencing the sleep paralysis part, it's an important stepping stone to lucid dreaming, something I've been attempting to manage for years.

Sorry that your experience wasn't all that wonderful. I'm quite frankly terrified of bungee jumping or skydiving or any form of free-falling, yet people find it fun or at least get some kind of enjoyment out of it, before or after the experience. I'm not saying I'd enjoy it, or that somebody should feel privileged for having achieved one, but I'm the kind of person who wants to experience a wide range of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwhowtfs View Post
    Hello, I was just wondering what you guys think off these and have you actually seen one?

Some links for people who don't know.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people
    http://www.squidoo.com/shadowcreatures
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread798704/pg1 Found this one pretty interesting.

When I was younger around 11 / or 12 me and my brother was outside playing in the garden, was a normal day nothing amazing going on till suddenly we both looked up at are neighbours roof and noticed this thing climbing it, pure black, red eyes it looked back and we both froze for a moment in till we both ran inside till we stopped and asked each other if we saw it.

I recently remembered that event, and thought I would ask what you think off these?

After messing around on the internet and finding some links about them I thought it's pretty interesting.

I read a couple off the posts, and people say it's the mind playing tricks, I would like to know the chances off two people seeing the same thing?

Tho, could off just been my mind playing tricks who knows. (I find this stuff interesting, I don't 100% believe it. Just interested.)
    OP I was totally thinking that you were off your rocker but when I read your post I got an image of me playing in the yard as a young boy and was interrupted by a shadowy figure with a hat. The hat really stood out in this memory. I don't remember anything else.

I click your last link and I see the hat man very similar to the hat in the memory. WTF OP?

This is the first time I have heard about these shadow people.