Help Appreciated! My hunter Friend may need some advise.

Hey guys,

I have a friend of mine in my guild who's dps is kinda low for his gear (mine isnt great either-but im working on it). He is an awesome guy and takes suggestions very well. I know absolutely nothing about hunters as i play an elemental shaman (albeit i am far from perfect myself). I was wondering if any of you hunter pro's could at a glance figure out what the heck is up and maybe I can pass the word on to him.

I ran a simc on his gear with default setup and his dps should theoreticly be 42.2k dps. I realize thats perfect rotation, but am i right in assuming 35k dps should be reasonably obtainable?

Here is our "only" WoL as i just started taking parse's -- worldoflogs.com/reports/0a9rk8n6sg5nfm8r/sum/damageDone/?s=5&e=650 --

His profile is -- us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Amburgler/simple --

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Rassen

Well not using arcane at all certainly will hinder overall DPS. No doubt he's pooling way too much focus and not using arcane shot to empty that is hurting him. Plus the t13 4 piece bonus is dependent on arcane shot for the 30% haste proc. That's yet even more loss of dps.

Just a suggestion from what I see from a brief glance at the logs.

Deleted
    Hey dude!

Don't you have logs on any other fight than Madness of Deathwing cause it involves to much movement to figure out what he is doing wrong. Would be great if you had like Ultraxion or Morchok.
    By looking at his gear, he should be able to push around 40k fairly easy on a fight like Ultraxion though he has a bit to much haste. I am going with around 1000 haste sinse i can't get it any lower due to end-game gear. He should also try to change those trinkets to Spine, Warmaster or VoS. Any of those would be a great improvement and if he has the Bow from Madness he should use that instead of the X-bow from Warlord.
    But anyway, you should try to get a logs from Ultraxion if you want even more help
    (sorry if my english is bad)

//Lugtrak out!

10+ Year Old Account
    A fight that isn't madness would be better for log analysis, even the training dummy will help to see damage ratio's but from the madness log, I don't see him using arcane shot (even tho he has arcane shot glyphed ;x) so as the 1st reply above suggested, it would appear he is floating alot of spare focus which he should be dumping into AS. Serpent Sting uptime is rather low as well, there is always something that is worth putting serpent sting on. Low uptime on serpent sting means your Noxious stings talent becomes a bit less useful since you're missing out on the 10% damage buff to those targets (Obviously don't need to apply to the bolts since they're not up long enough).

I would also have him try to get the heroic cloak from Rhyolith.

Also his reforging isn't optimal, tell him to use http://www.wowreforge.com/ or the ingame addon to reforge his gear properly.

Couple of other things too but take 1 step at a time
    Last edited by Mosphet; 2012-06-10 at 04:45 PM.

So you guys think he should reforge to this?

I have to sneak this link in because this site says im not allowed to post links.. lol
    wowreforge.com/US/Sargeras/Amburgler
    Last edited by Rassen; 2012-06-10 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to use the template link, since on its own like that it doesn't have his reforge.

EDIT: I know what I did, i see it there now np xD
    Last edited by Mosphet; 2012-06-10 at 03:59 PM.

Mosphet,

What do you mean, template link?

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 04:03 PM ----------

Lugtrak,
    So if he is to minimize his hast what is his stat priority's agi>hit>crit>mastery>haste ? is that close?
    Last edited by Rassen; 2012-06-10 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, that's basicly it. Agi > Hit > Crit > Haste (untill CS is around 1.6-1.67 cast time) > Mastery > Haste. Atleast that's what i'm going for but if anyone else has anything to add, just say

His haste is way too high, he doesnt use arcane shot throughout the whole fight...what the hell? His gemming is wrong, ie needs full agility gem in the ring. He should change his hand enchant. He should not be wasting time using kill command. He should be nailing the regenerated bloods with mad multishots under misdirect. Make a targeting macro for the bolt. Do more damage on the blisterings. I could go on.

TLDR: Learn what to do on the fight, learn to play class.

Dandello19,
    What should his hand be .. 65 mastery? Yea arcane shot is a must.
    Thanks man!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowreforge.com/US/Sargera...343030--50--34

Something like that, and as I said before, should really get the heroic rhyolith cloak since its still BiS in 4.3 for agi users. If also possible try to get the heroic ragnaros trinket if you have no luck with Wrath of Unchaining/Vial of Shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassen View Post
    Dandello19,
    What should his hand be .. 65 mastery? Yea arcane shot is a must.
    Thanks man!
    Sorry for the late reply, just got back from the beach. Yes, mastery for the hand chant.

Mosphet,

I wish i woulda read this an hour ago. I just had him reforge twice and ran 2 iterations of simc after each reforge to come up with a final configuration of exactly what you just suggested in your link above.. lol

Anyway its good to have conformation from an experienced hunter.

Now we just need to work on rotation and shot priority.

---------- Post added 2012-06-11 at 01:17 AM ----------

By the way mosphet, i just went to WoL to check out the best hunter on madness to get some tips/ideas. Guess who pulled up :P

---------- Post added 2012-06-11 at 01:30 AM ----------

I am adding this so my friend knows where i got my WoL for mosphet.
    --- worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6a5uuxcztdfwrtm9/sum/damageDone/?s=6828&e=7541 ----

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't really "best hunter", its more which guild lets me whore on adds long enough for rank.

And don't use gimmick fights to compare DPS. ever. It really won't help you at all. Even Ultraxion and Morchok aren't the best examples for the top 25 or so. Getting fed buffs and having amazing RNG is pretty much WoL these days. You want to find a good hunter on your server, doesn't have to be the best of the best, but just someone who knows the class enough. Spend 15 minutes on a training dummy with them and compare when buffless.
    Last edited by Mosphet; 2012-06-11 at 09:17 AM.