Thread: H: Madness Tank

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

H: Madness Tank

My guild will be working on Heroic Madness of Deathwing starting this week. With the nerfs is it viable to 1 Tank it with a DK like we currently do for Normal?

do u have a spriest/rogue/hunter/arc mage in ur group? then yes its viable.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Its perfectly viable without those. We one tank two heal it in my 10-man group every week. You just have to burn before the second impale. The tank will also need an external cooldown for the third platform (we do nozdormu third) in addition to bone shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Its perfectly viable without those. We one tank two heal it in my 10-man group every week. You just have to burn before the second impale. The tank will also need an external cooldown for the third platform (we do nozdormu third) in addition to bone shield.
    true but seeing as how they are just starting on heroic dw this week, they probably dont have the dps to kill it in 1 impale or to 2 heal it so they most likely need a dps i mentioned to take a 2nd impale
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Its perfectly viable without those.
    It is but it's not a good advise for a first kill.

But as kaamila said, if you have a SP/rogue/hunt (have not heard about arcane mage), it can be a good strategy.

Deleted
    DK can actually have "shield wall" for every platform. 1. Dream 2. IBF 3. DRWarmy 4. IBF. Boneshield and loads of blood shield up as well as usual.

Yes we do have a Shadow Priest, Hunter and Rogue. Ive heard of the Shadow Priest soaking an Impale with Dispersion but what do the Hunter and Rogue do? Cloak of Shadows and Deterrence an Impale? Is that only if a 2nd Impale is going to go out or do they just soak the 1st one to avoid me ever even having an Impale?
    Last edited by Sflame; 2012-06-11 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah it's doable if you have the dps. Only way to know is to give it a try, the indication of wether or not you have enough dps will be settled if you can kill the corruption before the 2nd impale. Our grp has switched from a 3h-2t to a 2h-1t setup because the dmg required is so low for us, and we might aswell finish it sooner. I wouldn't advise you to pursue the whole shadowpriest, hunter, rogue soaking tactic it requires timing and pratice and at this point in time if you can defeat spine you can also defeat madness with a 3h-2t tactic.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-06-11 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    Yes we do have a Shadow Priest, Hunter and Rogue. Ive heard of the Shadow Priest soaking an Impale with Dispersion but what do the Hunter and Rogue do? Cloak of Shadows and Deterrence an Impale? Is that only if a 2nd Impale is going to go out or do they just soak the 1st one to avoid me ever even having an Impale?
    vanish / feign death / invis the impale

Make sure everyone moves out so the SP/hunter/rogue is the closest to the corruption so they get the impale

Rogue evasion until they get the impale debuff then vanish it off
    Hunter deterrence until they get the impale debuff then feign death to remove it

Actually the nerfs make it doable with 2 tanks.. it was a 1 tank fight only before. A good tank does 40k dps on that fight and makes the last platform a lot easier, so in my opinion it's worth it.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Actually the nerfs make it doable with 2 tanks.. it was a 1 tank fight only before. A good tank does 40k dps on that fight and makes the last platform a lot easier, so in my opinion it's worth it.
    Im sorry, what? I'm sorry to say but that's not true at all : /.

To the OP: go with 1 tank and rogue/hunter/SPriest taking 1 impale on each platform. I would suggest your rogue does it so that he can keep dpsing. Otherwise all melee dps will have to chill out for a bit while the priest/hunter gets into position and gets aggro. Ranged dps can keep nuking fully.

Another note - people say that 2 healing this while it's progress isnt advisable, but with the limited information youve given it seems quite doable. Rogues take very little damage (make sure he/she uses feint), hunters can deterrence and use raptor-strike glyphed on the arms where minimum range isnt a problem. Most importantly, a shadowpriest DPS will do an insane (peaking up at 20-30k) hps over the fight, especially during cataclysms. Depending on your dps you might just be able to kill the corruption before it casts impale a 2nd time.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5125&e=6008

Your guild doesn't get even close to that. Could you be exaggerating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere in the Azerothian sky, on a dragon.
    Mages can invis the impale. My guild has been 1 tanking H-Mad since the 10% nerf. So... But just as everyone else is saying, shadow priests disperse, rogues vanish.... we've never had our hunter try, but it seems other people have.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    do u have a spriest/rogue/hunter/arc mage in ur group? then yes its viable.
    Arcane can do it? Didn't know that I thought it was a fire mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Solivus View Post
    with arcane you get an instant invis. fire mage can do it as well but i takes 3? seconds to invis which unless u time it right can be problematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solivus View Post
    It doesn't have to be a fire mage, because Cauterize doesn't work on that so you're using Invisibility instead. Since Arcane has instant Invis its much easier to time with that than Fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    It doesn't have to be a fire mage, because Cauterize doesn't work on that so you're using Invisibility instead. Since Arcane has instant Invis its much easier to time with that than Fire.
    But as arcane the corruption can one shot you if you get melee, as fire that is when cauterize is helpful, as for the invis, just use it at the start of the cast and you have plenty of time.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

I dunno about 40k, but 30-35k is doable as a tank for first kills. Our first kill was with two tanks (druid and me on my blood DK) since we didn't know about rogues or mages being able to soak impales, otherwise I would have just solo tanked it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7935&e=8824

We cut it pretty close with a 2 tank, 3 healer setup. Hopefully this week we'll be able to use a 1 tank, 2 healer setup.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    But as arcane the corruption can one shot you if you get melee, as fire that is when cauterize is helpful, as for the invis, just use it at the start of the cast and you have plenty of time.
    You should never *ever* be in melee range if you're a caster soaking the impale.