How random are mobs?

Played my DH mostly. All the way thru to inferno act 3 were I am stuck. So I decided to play a barbarian for awhile. I am about to hit 60 and after going thru hell for awhile I switched back to my DH to farm up for the inferno herding staff.

Not till I switched back to my DH did I realize how different the packs of mobs were that I faced. On the barbarian I would say the majority were molten or firechains with vortex or sheilding. It wasn't the affixes that i noticed. It was that they were Queen mother's running away and puking up more mobs or pulling other packs . Or Goatmen doing the same. Having to chase them without getting in their molten trail, and so on. On the DH in teh same Areas they are fast, teleporting etc, but they are burrowing leapers or the beserkers with the big maces.

This is not a complaint. It was just the first time that I noticed such a wide difference in mobs depending on what I am playing. Of course I had to get the barb up to hell to see it because they needed at least 3 affixes to notice. It just seems like all teh mobs on my DH make it harder to kite and slow, and the ones on teh barb make it hard to stand and use revenge procs and health globes. Wasting a leap and popping ignore pain just to have them run away .

Am I crazy or has anyone noticed the same?

Also I dont play much coop, has anyone noticed if it changes with say DH/wiz or DH/barb?
    Last edited by digger66; 2012-06-10 at 09:38 PM.