Poll: Do you eat at the dinner table?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I eat at the dinner table if anyone else in my family does sadly its quite rare that we do everyone just want to be infront of their TV/computes.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by firechancer View Post
    For as long as i remember we have always sat at the dinner table. I always clean up after as well, its normal.
    Pretty much this for me. I am so sick of it as well now. My step dad being an ex high-ranking government/military, whatever you want to call it but I'm not going to say what because I'm not supposed to know, I was brought up with "Posh dinners" and our regular evening meal was our "training" for such events so you can't actually relax and enjoy your meal without having eyes checking up on you that you've got the correct posture and that you're using your cutlery correctly.

I know how to 'put it on', shall we say, for when the occasion is suitable and I know that table manners are most definitely something to have. But for my every day meal, at least let me relax and slouch a little bit at the table.

I moved out and it was heaven, eating at the table in evenings with friends and we'd all casually eat with normal table manners. Moved back in and it's back to high class dinners. I can't wait for July because I'm moving out again!

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    A lot of the older people in my family always say how one of the reasons that the younger generations have gone to shit is that we don't sit down and eat at the dinner table with our family members.?
    The Greek philosopher Plato studied under Socrates. Plato complained about the youth of the day, also. "What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballzz
    WoW is dying pls send help

I usually eat at the table with family and have a chat about our days and share our plans so it's easier to work our schedules. It's actually one of the best times of the day, and quite often we end up playing some game and drinking tea together afterwards. On busy days however, when everyone is just grabbing their meal and doesn't have the time to properly sit down and talk, I just eat in front of the computer. It's about family to me, not about the table

Deleted
    I think the majority of danes are going to answer yes to this.

Just last year I replaced our couch with one that had no recliners and in doing so I replaced the coffee table with an ottoman. In doing so, our dinners that used to be on the couch have moved to the dinner table. We are sitting down now to the dinner table and facing each other and eating dinner together (wife & 2 daughters). Some one sets the table and one clears the table etc. I have to say that as a father, I have enjoyed the family sit down dinners with my kids. There constantly on the computer, ipod, phone, etc etc. Now we get some quality time with children.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually, we sit in the living room with TV tray tables and watch the news. Sometimes, I will take my food upstairs with me if I'm watching a movie.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

I don't have a dinner table in my apartment, so I guess I vote "no."

When I lived at home? Yup, not allowed to take food anywhere else in the house. Brought a plate of food downstairs one day, almost got my ass beat.

Now that I am out? We mostly eat on the couch, which in all seriousness is completely fucking disgusting.

Deleted
    A year ago when I lived with my parents, we always sat down and had dinner together. On weekends we would have breakfast and sometimes lunch too.
    Then I moved out. I have my breakfast sitting on the kitchen table and lunch and dinner where ever I am. Which is most often at the table, if not at the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I think the majority of danes are going to answer yes to this.
    Y, I find it weird that the majority has answered no.
    Last edited by mmocf432157f0e; 2012-06-11 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    When at home? Yeah. My dad makes a really big deal out of eating together as a family every day.

Can't complain, it's free food which 90% of the time, he cooks.

Deleted
    Eating at the table when I'm with my spouse or when we have guests over. Not alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our household always eats togheter arround 1800, were used to that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    It's very rare and I only eat at the dinner table with family on special occasions like Christmas or birthdays, otherwise, I almost never do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless I got a bad timed guild/openraid raid I will always eat with my family at the dinner table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eating @DinnerTable #Spaghetti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    "Dinner table"? That's a peculiar name for a bed.
    XD Oh and nice signature

OT: I eat at the table all the time with my family but when we have it on trays I would usually go to my room and continue whatever I was doing but sometimes I'd stay downstairs and watch TV or whatever with my family.

Deleted
    I normally eat at the dinner table, but never with my family.