Deleted

Gabe Newell makes an appearance, hinting on the future!

In a recent kickstarter video for a game called Clang, a swordfight "simulator", Gabe Newell makes an appearance.
    Do you get it?

Gabe at an anvil, hammering on a crowbar with the words "These things take time".
    He knows how to really poke at us. And his beard is awesome.

That is awesome.

Also, has Gaben lost weight, he looks a lot thinner than in few pics I've seen in the during year. O.o
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

This man is my hero

<3 you, Gaben. No matter what he's doing he always puts a smile on my face.

Gaben is the best troll.

I like that he's actually using at least some of his own stuff for the shot (I think the hammer and anvil) since he has a whole workshop set up at his house.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is one awesome troll.
    <3 Gabe

Deleted
    aslong as we get hats for hl3 ill be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Gaben is the best troll.

I like that he's actually using at least some of his own stuff for the shot (I think the hammer and anvil) since he has a whole workshop set up at his house.
    Yeah, and he probably uses it for pony-related stuff, too. Ugh, the hurt is still fresh...

I really think Valve are the only folks that can actually get away with what they do. If Blizzard or EA or anyone else was trying to have their primary IP give fucking Duke Nukem Forever a run for its money in the "not actually going to be finished," race, people would have the tar and pitchforks out.

Valve? Well, last time they made us wait, we got The Orange Box.

Maybe waiting is a good thing.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Gaben always was and always will be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I really think Valve are the only folks that can actually get away with what they do. If Blizzard or EA or anyone else was trying to have their primary IP give fucking Duke Nukem Forever a run for its money in the "not actually going to be finished," race, people would have the tar and pitchforks out.
    But Blizzard DOES get away with it (not counting expansions here)>.>

12 years between D2 to D3
    13 years between SC1 to SC2
    10 years and still no word on WC3 sequel

The only game they've been consistently releasing in the past decade has been WoW (because of the nature of the game).
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-06-11 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    But Blizzard DOES get away with it (not counting expansions here)>.>

12 years between D2 to D3
    13 years between SC1 to SC2
    10 years and still no word on WC3 sequel

The only game they've been consistently releasing in the past decade has been WoW (because of the nature of the game).
    But WoW continues the story laid out in WC3, due to being the same franchise. I suspect another RTS Warcraft won't be released until after WoW has imploded. By "imploded" I mean when enough interest/subs have been lost that they decide not to continue their story through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valadar View Post
    But WoW continues the story laid out in WC3, due to being the same franchise. I suspect another RTS Warcraft won't be released until after WoW has imploded. By "imploded" I mean when enough interest/subs have been lost that they decide not to continue their story through it.
    Without getting too off topic, WoW continuing the story from WC3 is semi-debatable. I've talked to a ton of lore-nuts that feel like while they continued some of the same threads from WC3, they've ignored a number of plot-lines and have "ruined" much of what they attempted to continue or resolve.

There are a lot of people who see WoW as a completely different game than WC3 even though it take place in the same universe because it is radically different.

GAAAABE!

It's really hard to stay angry at that face...