Poll: Zerg or Flood?

Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Zerg Vs. the Flood

All out war between the zerg and the flood, who wins? No other players. /discuss.

Deleted
    Zerg imo has better adaptability.

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I say flood only because they seem to be better at infecting/infesting. That is really all it would come down to is which would be the better at taking over the other.-

Well... Either way we are going to need more vespene gas!

flood just because unless you fight in an air tight space suit your gonna get infected and end up as one of them lol

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the Flood versus the Lambent?

The Zerg would win because they're probably immune to the Flood's parasites that make them under their control. Plus Zerg are more ferocious, while Flood are just stupid, slow and often blow themselves up to do damage. Also, even if a zerg got infected and became a flood the Overmind would still have control I imagine, there is not hive mind for the flood, they're just an uncontrollable scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    The Zerg would win because they're probably immune to the Flood's parasites that make them under their control. Plus Zerg are more ferocious, while Flood are just stupid, slow and often blow themselves up to do damage. Also, even if a zerg got infected and became a flood the Overmind would still have control I imagine, there is not hive mind for the flood, they're just an uncontrollable scourge.
    There is a hive mind for the flood: the Gravemind.

I'm pretty sure Kerrigan by herself could take the majority of the Flood, so, yeah, easy win for the Zerg.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Zerg adapt unique DNA into their overall genome to become a more effective system. The Flood just kinda eat everything. Sure, they'll integrate a rifle or a soldier here and there, but that does nothing to help the species as a whole. Zerg take this one, easy.

Now the Tyranid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

I'd have to say flood just because they are pretty much the perfect parasite. No matter the type of organic it is confronted with, it will take it over. Hell, it would have wiped out the entire universe even with a race of beings more advanced than anything the SC universe has. The forerunners had to annihilate their selves in order to try and slow it down. That is pretty brutal. Even the dead can be absorbed by the flood. Never ending army.

Of course, not reliable but Wiki page!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_(Halo)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    The Zerg adapt unique DNA into their overall genome to become a more effective system. The Flood just kinda eat everything. Sure, they'll integrate a rifle or a soldier here and there, but that does nothing to help the species as a whole. Zerg take this one, easy.

Now the Tyranid...
    The Tyranids are Zerg on steroids, and GW has stated that the total number of 'nids to hit the galaxy so far in 40k is just a very very tiny fraction of their number. They compared it to testing the temperature of your bathwater by dipping the very tip of your pinkie in it.

The Zerg forces, when they were an infantile race, were built up by corrupting other worlds and transforming the creatures there into the Zerg. Hydralisks were created this way. The Flood just eat things and get lucky sometimes. The entire purpose of the Zerg was to assimilate other races (Initially the Protoss) into itself. They adapt the DNA of their targets and make them better, and can even change their own DNA on the fly in various scenarios (Stettman in WoL says this about Zerglings, for example).

Plus Kerrigan could probably kill the entire Flood on her own.

Depends on which is better at infecting/infesting. In a straight up fight I'd vote Zerg.

Zerg seem to be better at infecting new lifeforms to adapt their abilities and make better soldiers -- I've never played Halo, but what I understand of the Flood is they're full on infestation so that they can consume.

I'd vote Tyranid over either of them though...

I swear I saw an exact thread like this about a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Zerg would win hands down, no possible way the flood would stand a chance

Flood infest Kerrigan, game over.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    Flood infest Kerrigan, game over.
    I'm pretty sure if they did so, the Gravemind would die of psychic shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Flood. This war would end horribly . . . for everyone else because now we have Flood Zerg.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Putin khuliyo

I would vote Zerg since i assume they are immune to the flood. And heck what can the flood do vs a hydralisk anyway? It could kill thousands of the flood before they even realise what is happening.

Im pretty sure the flood hands down, The zerg are easyly killable and the flood wiped out entire civilizations including the forerunners, not only that but the flood are a parasite at heart which gives them far better adapatability and killing means. It seams most here have no clue of any history about the flood besides that of which was in the halo games, shame, they should look it up before blindly voting for zerg.