Screen suddenly started flickering

All right, so I was just minding my own business playing WoW and watching a YouTube video on my other screen (an old DELL or whatever, but that's beside the point) when suddenly my main screen which is an acer P236H turns a whole lot darker and starts flickering. After turning it off for about an hour it now no longer flickers but the brightness remains very low. At first I thought it might be my drivers or GPU, but considering my other screen continued to function normally, I doubt that's the case.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? (and yes, I already tried tweaking the brightness in my monitor's configuration settings)
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Sounds like ether A Bad monitor cable lose it a poor connection try to see if its completely plugged in.
    You can also try to wiggle the cable around slightly to see if that dose any thing you can also try to replace the cable.

Or B Your monitors back light is slowly dying witch will also explain the poor brightness and by that point its ether buy a new monitor.
    Or if your really tec savy you can pop open the monitor and replace the damaged back lights.
    You can prob find a guide on how to do it on the web if you look around.

Backlighting broke or is in the process of doing so, had the same thing with one of my monitors and within 2days it started making this terrible noise like it was about to explode, there is a slight chance of a bad connection but rather unlikely, can always swap cables around.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Sounds like ether A Bad monitor cable lose it a poor connection try to see if its completely plugged in.
    You can also try to wiggle the cable around slightly to see if that dose any thing you can also try to replace the cable.

Or B Your monitors back light is slowly dying witch will also explain the poor brightness and by that point its ether buy a new monitor.
    Or if your really tec savy you can pop open the monitor and replace the damaged back lights.
    You can prob find a guide on how to do it on the web if you look around.
    I actually just tried plugging it into my dad's laptop with an HDMI-DVI cable and it worked perfectly fine. After that I tried using a VGA cable, but that didn't fix it. Is it possible for drivers to simply fail at some point, because that's what it's starting to look like considering this evidence.
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    I actually just tried plugging it into my dad's laptop with an HDMI-DVI cable and it worked perfectly fine. After that I tried using a VGA cable, but that didn't fix it. Is it possible for drivers to simply fail at some point, because that's what it's starting to look like considering this evidence.
    Did you try using the other port on your gpu ? (the one the monitor is plugged in to that is showing no problems).

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Did you try using the other port on your gpu ? (the one the monitor is plugged in to that is showing no problems).
    Yes, I also tried switching them around, but that didn't do anything in terms of its brightness.

Edit: Just checked again with another computer and it's definitely the monitor. Fortunately the warranty's still in power and I'll get it replaced.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-06-11 at 07:52 PM.
    WCL