Sabertooth Z77 booting annoyance.

I spent several years "just dealing with it" on my previous PC's IP35-E motherboard, which had the double boot issue (not all the time, just sometimes) Basically.....I turn PC on....PC turns on everything starts spinning, few seconds later the PC switches off completely. Then 1-2 seconds after that it turns itself back on and starts perfectly fine.

I built a new rig recently with a Z77 sabertooth. And I get the same shit happening to this PC...(every part is new, didn't use a single part from my old PC, not even the case). My old PC still did this for years and still works perfectly fine - do I have anything to worry about? Is this actually a bug or something wrong or is it actually what it's supposed to do? Like testing the PSU before it fully turns on or something? Not sure.

The PC itself works perfectly fine, here are the specs.

2700k @ 4.70ghz / H100 cooler
    7970 OC 1ghz edition (crossfire)
    G-Skill RipJaws 8GB 1600mhz (2x4gb)
    CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1000w

(I've tested to see if it still does it with only one GPU installed, and the 2700k at stock, and it still does it...so it's not that)

Should I just ignore it? I built the PC about 2 months ago and I haven't had any issues with actually using the PC. Could there possibly be an issue the power outlet that I am using?

Are you overclocking the CPU?

10+ Year Old Account
    Flashed it to the latest bios?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Perderder View Post
    Are you overclocking the CPU?
    Yes I did mention this if you read all of my post, I've tested it at stock and it still does the same thing.

I never OC'd my previous PC with the IP35e motherboard and that still had the same double-boot issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheersbrah View Post
    I spent several years "just dealing with it" on my previous PC's IP35-E motherboard, which had the double boot issue (not all the time, just sometimes) Basically.....I turn PC on....PC turns on everything starts spinning, few seconds later the PC switches off completely. Then 1-2 seconds after that it turns itself back on and starts perfectly fine.

I built a new rig recently with a Z77 sabertooth. And I get the same shit happening to this PC...(every part is new, didn't use a single part from my old PC, not even the case). My old PC still did this for years and still works perfectly fine - do I have anything to worry about? Is this actually a bug or something wrong or is it actually what it's supposed to do? Like testing the PSU before it fully turns on or something? Not sure.

The PC itself works perfectly fine, here are the specs.

2700k @ 4.70ghz / H100 cooler
    7970 OC 1ghz edition (crossfire)
    G-Skill RipJaws 8GB 1600mhz (2x4gb)
    CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1000w

(I've tested to see if it still does it with only one GPU installed, and the 2700k at stock, and it still does it...so it's not that)

Should I just ignore it? I built the PC about 2 months ago and I haven't had any issues with actually using the PC. Could there possibly be an issue the power outlet that I am using?
    I had the problem with my Z68 mobo and 2500k until I fiddled with the bios enough and it went away. Might try googling for a solution because I honestly can't remember the stuff I changed and it's generally a bad idea to blindly mess with anything in the bios.

Deleted
    I'd say the power then, it's not like there's much more option. A pheripheral causing this seems unlikely to me too, but i'd check it anyway. (Except if you've replaced every pheripheral as well.)

I guess I'll try using a different power extension cord - maybe that is causing it.

Using one pretty much identical to this atm

Enter the BIOS. Go to the advanced tab and select APM. Power On By PCIE/PCI is disabled. Enable it.

Section 3-30 of your manual.

And make sure you are on the latest BIOS version. 1206 was released 6/8.

Deleted
    Yep same issue with the P67 Sabertooth.
    Perderder is correct thats the same fix i done and it worked. ASUS did release a new bios update which included a fix for this problem.