Wizard build (Hell and on)

So I've been using variations of This build since the beginning of Nightmare, and it's working well for the most part, but I'm curious if there's something better.

I looked up builds for Hell, and lots of things suggest using Blizzard/Hydra, which...I just find incredibly boring. And not much better than what I've got.

I really only have 'issues' with the fact that I can't seem to kite very well at all; mobs aren't slowed very much by Blizzard it seems, and I have no time to stop and cast, else they catch up to me. Or is it supposed to be like that?

Normal mobs are easy though, I tear through everything. Elites are the only thing that give me a bit of trouble, especially fucking mortar. (which seems to be every other pack, I swear)

Currently sitting at just over 10k damage, level 53.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Hello,

Im farming inferno act 3 and using this kind of build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...ROP!XTd!bZabcZ
    Well i was thinking the same thing as you. Using hydra and blizz looks quite boooooring but well more fun its than dying all the time :P

Until inferno I just went full glass cannon with pew pew laser beams (the red one that does buku damage) and that seemed to work pretty well.

Since then I went magic missle/arcane orb/diamond skin/arcane hydra/magic weap/force armor which was pretty good early on (with the passive that slows with arcane damage) and it was a pretty fun build. Now I'm using the cookie cutter build of magic missle/blizzard/diamond skin/venom hydra/teleport (fracture)/force armor w/ galv ward/blur/glass cannon passives.

People say good things about piercing orb but I find seeker missles to be a lot more useful (shooting around walls/corners is awesome )

One thing to note - the cold blooded passive you're using only increases cold damage dealt to chilled/frozen targets, and your only cold damage spell is blizzard.

Well the thing is, I'm getting hit all the time. And all I ever hear about Inferno is "enough vit to not get 1shot then go all glass cannon". How are these people playing without getting hit at all? I don't get it. Blizzard barely slows mobs much, and if an elite has Fast, there's no way you're not going to get hit by it.

So...what to do? My current spec is doing half-decent in Hell, but I'm going to get raped in Inferno if I keep going this way.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...QXO!YfU!cacYaY

Trying this build right now and liking it a lot, about 3/4 through act 2. Got 67K health and 22K damage (with enchantress and Glass Cannon, no Magic Weapon), using a gear set that cost me less than 1.3 million (upgrading it whenever I find better pieces and have the money to do so).

The high health has felt awesome. I think I've died once or twice to normal monsters. Died once to invisible wasp ammunition, which is always fun. Have killed champions and rare bosses relatively easily, even some of the nastier fast melee ones that get right up in your grill. Haven't had to res grind any elites yet, although I've skipped a couple packs which I knew would be completely moronic to try (fast invulnerable minions molten plagued melee rare bosses and such).

Frost Nova, Teleport and Diamond Skin work as real nice life savers, giving me several tools to survive an ambush or a sticky situation. Seeker Missile and Arcane Hydra seem to be doing enough damage to take down elites, and compared to Venom Hydra + Blizzard + Missile I had earlier, the difference isn't that great, mainly because against the nastier elites, you don't really get to utilize all three damage spells fully anyway.

People keep telling me my health is too high and I've geared wrong and I should have 50K DPS... Well, my weapon is only 700DPS and my gear can be upgraded several times still, so getting up to like 30K DPS won't be too big of a deal at all. So far though the high health has been amazeballs. Complete night and day from playing the DH. On my DH I have to be ready to pre-emptively Smoke Screen constantly lest I die - which I do anyway. On this Wizard I can wait to get hit by something and then pop my spells and there's no worries.

I'd much rather build up to the bare minimum damage required to advance and to kill champions, whilst still having some sort of survivability instead of being a oneshot target to everything. Working like a charm so far. We'll see how it goes with Belial. At least I won't die oneshot to his bombs, I guess.

Deleted
    What's giving you 10k dps at level 53?

I'm 54 and I end up changing spec every corner i turn ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekuhan View Post
    What's giving you 10k dps at level 53?

I'm 54 and I end up changing spec every corner i turn ._.
    Good weapons and gear with tons and tons of int. I'm wearing all rares except one ring, 250 dps weapon as well. I already have a Monk that's cleared Act 1 and 2 on Inferno, so I kinda have a good deal of money to just upgrade my gear every 3-4 levels. :P Not spending a lot though, I've never bought anything more than 20k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Good weapons and gear with tons and tons of int. I'm wearing all rares except one ring, 250 dps weapon as well. I already have a Monk that's cleared Act 1 and 2 on Inferno, so I kinda have a good deal of money to just upgrade my gear every 3-4 levels. :P Not spending a lot though, I've never bought anything more than 20k.
    Well my main is 54 with a 310 dps weapon. Maybe its your gems. I have 7k dps. Is there a way I can see your armoury? You must tear through mobs. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dekuhan View Post
    Well my main is 54 with a 310 dps weapon. Maybe its your gems. I have 7k dps. Is there a way I can see your armoury? You must tear through mobs. ^^
    http://i.imgur.com/GEun2.jpg

I tear through normal mobs, yes, but elites I have to kite and kite and kite...for like 2-3 minutes.

Deleted
    Sweet. I must be doing something wrong

And I kite mobs too but its ok with stoneskin and teleport.
    Last edited by mmoc6adf7cfe6c; 2012-06-12 at 12:56 AM.