View Poll Results: Will D3 be in an endless cycle of buffing and nerfing classes?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Yes, Blizzard has goals outside of actual game balance.

8 44.44%
  • No, Blizzard will eventually declare balancing is complete.

10 55.56%

Will Blizzard use 'class balancing' to drive the RMAH

I will begin by stating that the idea of 'class balance' in a game that at its core is a single player experience seems ridiculous. It would seem that adding pvp to the game will give them a permanent excuse to constantly buff and nerf classes in the name of supposed 'balance.' I find the volume of class changes that occur during any given expansion of WoW to be completely obnoxious, and I believe they do this on purpose to impose some sort of synthetic level of class representation.

So will the future of D3 just be the same old carousel of rotating flavor of the month classes, the type of thing that drives players crazy who would prefer to not having Blizzard mutilate their chosen class with every patch?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

blizzard claims they wont buff or nerf anything for pvp, its meant to just be something fun to do on the side

We dont' have PvP yet, and game is not even full month as live - and we already got quite a number of class changes.

There will be buffs and nerfs constantly rolling on - be it due to pvp or not.

P.S.: that's what I like other (offline) (A)RPGs for, ruleset is persistant and doesn't change from session to session.

Deleted
    What exactly are you suggesting here? That people will play Demon Hunter because DHs are OP and buy RMAH stuff for them, then Blizzard will deliberately make them under-powered and deliberately make Wizards OP so that those same people then buy Wizard RMAH stuff and so forth? You seriously think people who spent real money on their main will switch to the latest fotm class because of a few patch changes and then cycle through all the classes spending money on all of them?

I mean come on... even as conspiracy theories go that's pretty out there. The surest way to make money is not to juggle OP classes in some silly attempt to manipulate RMAH balance, its to just make a good game and then let people throw their money at you. Making a good game with a lot of longevity means it has to be balanced, its in their best interests to make all classes fun and viable.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-06-12 at 07:45 AM.