Deleted

A question about Iceland and Vulcanos

Hey guys,

Im planing my vacation right now and one interessting place for me would be Iceland. I Like the nature and all that stuff, but I would only go there if I had the chance to see lava from an active vulcano (I want to take some photos).

Now my question: Can I see lava on Iceland for the whole year? Or do I need to wait for an eruption?

Would be great if anyone could answer that for me

I think there are volcanoes in constant activity in Iceland, but I'm not sure if regular tourists are allowed to simply walk up to the crater to take some photos. Would be definitely cool, though!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    I would not walk alone on a vulcano, that would be insane hehe. I think there are alot of guides on Iceland, but I couldn't find any offer on the internet sadly

Deleted
    I saw something about helicopter volcano tours when I was there last summer. Unfortunately I couldn't take part due to my budgetary restrictions (Iceland is so expensive). Maybe you can find something if you search for it on the internet.

Also found this: http://www.icelandtravel.is/our-tour...volcano-tours/ (don't know if you get to see any lava though)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I saw something about helicopter volcano tours when I was there last summer. Unfortunately I couldn't take part due to my budgetary restrictions (Iceland is so expensive). Maybe you can find something if you search for it on the internet.

Also found this: http://www.icelandtravel.is/our-tour...volcano-tours/ (don't know if you get to see any lava though)
    Thank you!

Yea is heard abot that helicopter thing too, but I don't think this is the right thing for me as I want to shoot some photos ( I need to walk around and find the perfect spot, this doesn't work in the air) also im afraid of hights (did I say that right? :P ).