Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    dawnguard is what a dlc supposed to be. New content, new items, new flavour.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys in the beta right now give me your honest impression. If you were bethesda what kind of price point would you put on dawnguard? Is it content rich enough to merit more than 10 bucks? Is it on par with shivering isles or the knights of nine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I don't see why they're testing it. It's gonna be a buggy mess anyway.
    LOL this. There'll be more bugs in it than a Bangkok STD clinic. It's Bethesda's trademark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    I've never heard of beta testing for DLC content. Very strange.

Oh well, at least I'll have a reason to play Skyrim some more.
    The B in Bethesda stands for Buggy.

They can't even take a crap without it glitching through the toilet and getting all over the floor.

So the more testing, the better!
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    has noone realized yet?
    All the ES games are just betas for the mmo thats comming out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You guys in the beta right now give me your honest impression. If you were bethesda what kind of price point would you put on dawnguard? Is it content rich enough to merit more than 10 bucks? Is it on par with shivering isles or the knights of nine?
    Tod Howard said it was going to be 20 bucks and it would have 10-20 hours of content. So, don't expect Shivering Isles (which you shouldn't anyways, because it is cheaper.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Lets look at D3. The beta for that game was all over the place, but they missed a number of major issues. Why? Because the people that are "beta testing" are just looking for a free week or two of gaming and not actually supplying the developers with feedback.
    Gonna have to disagree with you there. While A LOT, if not a majority, of the players are playing for the sake of it there's also a substantial amount of people reporting bugs.

Fact is, Blizzard has consistently let bugs go live that have been spammed about on their forums and, while I can't confirm this, have probably also been reported in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Tod Howard said it was going to be 20 bucks and it would have 10-20 hours of content. So, don't expect Shivering Isles (which you shouldn't anyways, because it is cheaper.)
    Yep, no way they will sell the amount of content SI had for 20 bucks. It does seem however to add quite a bit more content than knights of the nine.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The vampires looks derpy.

Honestly the concept of "Dawnguard" bothers me... Instead of dealing with the Thalmor, the remaining dragons, the Empire vs Stormcloaks, the assassination of the Emperor - we go fight vampires :s

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with you there. While A LOT, if not a majority, of the players are playing for the sake of it there's also a substantial amount of people reporting bugs.

Fact is, Blizzard has consistently let bugs go live that have been spammed about on their forums and, while I can't confirm this, have probably also been reported in game.
    Yeah because we all know that Bethesda games doesn't launch with bugs.....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    This is why i love waiting to nab decent console titles when they are a tenner. Full experience at cheap price with tons of DLC available right away >

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this going to be an expansion pack like Shivering Isles or some DLC pack like what they did with Fallout 3?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Is this going to be an expansion pack like Shivering Isles or some DLC pack like what they did with Fallout 3?
    Dawnguard is a proper expansion, 20 bucks, new branching storyline with a new area to explore (Soul Cairne, plane of Oblivion) and many new features, including crossbows, werewolf and vampire perk trees, new dragons, new dragonshouts, new armor/weapons, dragonbone weapons, and two storylines, the way of the Dawnguard and the way of the Vampire Lord. You choose one, can't be both.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Ugh, I've hardly had any time to finish the original game. Then again, I did take a break. Now I'm snowballing from one quest into the other without any means of escape.

And then there's the Dawnguard... I am pretty excited for the DLC though, not so much for the vampire stuff, as opposed to the lycantrophy skillset and story behind the DLC. Appearance of an Elder Scroll? Count me in!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I really wished they would expand on the vampire story so its great! Can't wait to be a vampire lord.
    I hope you dont have to use the vampire lord form to use the new vampire powers It's so ugly and I want to be pretty and sparkly..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I hope you dont have to use the vampire lord form to use the new vampire powers It's so ugly and I want to be pretty and sparkly..
    You do. You must transform to use the new throw and leech abilities, and to hover.

The only change being made to regular vampires is the eyes, they are revamping ALL vampires in the game to have better looking "vampiric" features and eyes, even random vampires in caves in Skyrim.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the beta/finished it and I'm thinking about making a new character that resembles kinda like an Unholy DK from WoW. I'll use Heavy Armor, Two handed, and Conjuration for summoning undead allies. Then I'll become a Vampire lord and summon a Gargoyle.

Idk how it will work but it seems cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I have the beta/finished it and I'm thinking about making a new character that resembles kinda like an Unholy DK from WoW. I'll use Heavy Armor, Two handed, and Conjuration for summoning undead allies. Then I'll become a Vampire lord and summon a Gargoyle.

Idk how it will work but it seems cool.
    That sounds like a really cool idea... I might try that. Thanks.

Plan on siding with the Dawnguard. My character is a Stealth/Ranger.

Doubt vampire lords can use bows/crossbows and even if they could that would look SO messed up.

The vampires currently are dissapointing, When I was infected i noticed npcs saying i looked sick yet i looked perfectly normal, Learnt I was a vampire when the first little even occured.

Although i woudnt mind using the new vampiric powers in melee combat instead of switching to duel daggers...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah because we all know that Bethesda games doesn't launch with bugs.....
    As far as I know, Bathesda games don't have public closed/open beta tests for this game and so they DO have a kind of valid excuse to let bugs go live.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15