Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Vortex of Dreams raid!!!

So I was walking home and listening to some video game tunes and had this AWESOME idea. What if, and I know this will never come true BUT, next expansion which likely will be something to do with The Void and/or Emerald Dream has a place a lot like Caverns of Time, but it's called Vortex of Dreams. It's a 10 boss raid instance, and every single boss in there is taken from other RPGs, but are converted into 10 and 25 man raids (normal, heroic and raid finder)! I thought about all the amazing RPG's I've played over the years and got really excited to see them re-imagined as raid bosses. SO, with out further adieu here are my 10 raid bosses for Vortex of Dreams.

1. Kefka from Final Fantasy 6. Now this fight was soo epic when I finally got to it at the end of the game I nearly crapped my pants. No really, my jaw dropped and was in awe of how epic it was. This raid boss would be a 3 stage fight where you would be all standing on a purple cloud and a moogle would be standing there waiting for you to talk to him, then once you did to start the encounter a massive statue would arise and you would fight all 3 levels of it until finally you face the man, the jester, the mad man, KEFKA!!! He would fight much like he does in Final Fantasy using all his favorite moves lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl2Ew8oodU4
    2. Giygas from Earthbound/Mother 2. This fight would really make your skin crawl. The room would shift to total darkness where you would see the remains of 4 robots laying lifeless. Upon inspection a GIANT spider walking with none other than Pokey would walk into the room and you begin phase 1. Once Pokey has had enough he brings on the embodiment of all evil GIYGAS! This part of the fight would be terrifying if such a thing is possible in World of Warcraft, the entire room would be the boss, he would be just a dark mist of skull faces and you would be enveloped in him and players would tick damage as Giygas attacks a random player and brings them down to 25% health, and the entire fight there would be adds and the healers would have to heal Giygas to banish him back to the darkness where he came.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gbG_gzgyJI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...aErqaoWek&NR=1
    3. Lavos from Crono Trigger. I'm sure a lot of fans of the series remember the epicness of a earth eating parasite that takes you over the life span of a planet to fight. And if you died the most mind blowing thing would ever happen, you would see the earth be destroyed anyways and see "The Future refused to change." This fight would be a 3 phase fight with the raid fighting Lavos between time and fighting his shell, his inner body, then his TRUE FORM! If players remember the gimmick to fighting Lavos this one would be simple lol. The core that takes the least damage is his weak spot. Kill it and you kill him for good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lABYE1stbo
    4. The 4 Elemental Fiends from Final Fantasy 4. These guys appeared one at a time in the game, but near the end you would have to fight all 4 of these guys! They represented the 4 elements earth, water, fire, and air and were totally evil and crazy to boot. They all had their weak spots too which players would have to utilize to defeating these guys. Now, most raiders will be reminded of the Ascendant Counsel from these guys, but no they all wouldn't look the same and just have different names lol. All 4 of them are fought at the same time, with one tank picking up 2 bosses and the other picking up the other two. The Fire and Water should be tanked by one guy, and the water and earth by the other. They all have to die with in 1 minute of each other and all have certain weaknesses. Fire would be weak against frost, water would be weak against fire. Wind would be weak against shadow, and earth holy. All damage done to them is normal, but their weak element would especially hurt them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q826W6VG3zM
    5. Thanatos from Secret of Mana. This guy was the antagonist of the entire game, but not the endboss. Best way to describe this guy is a lich who uses people to destroy the world. I'm thinking dark room, mind controlled players, and healing debuffs that need to be swapped off, while tanks switch at 3 stacks, and orbs of mana that float around the room which drain mana and need to be kited by healers and mana users. OOOO nasty!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNNCFXCOOAU
    6. Leon Magus from Tales of Destiny. Leon is one of the swordian wielders, the sword of earth to be more specific. He would be standing after a long deep cave with his sword Chalteir, and await your challenge. He cleaves, causes random quakes, falling rocks, and charges random players. Good times!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z9Qxe4r-Mw
    7. Sekundes from Tales of Eternia. This boss is SUPER hard in the Tales series, and the real kicker he looks just like Dhaos from Tales of Phantasia, he was the end boss. He is the greater craymel of time, which is like Norzdromu in Azeroth, except a bit more bad ass. Imagine time being slowed more and more gradually during the fight until everyone is completely stopped and permanently stunned and killed. He hits hard and a lot and uses tons of time and arcane spells moves.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyDqqyoGZrk
    8. The Master from Fallout 1. This guy is really F'ed up. He is part human, part computer, all psychopath. He is a computer that creates mutants and wants to control the world with his mutant army. He truly is scary, and totally epic for an old school PC game. Imagine a giant computer that spawns insane amount of super mutant adds that need to be tanked and killed in a specific order or the boss will get buffs and you will get debuffs. All the while guns around the room rain down pain that only ranged can target. Have fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjK3aX8kcr4
    9. Emperor Septim from Elder Scrolls. This was hard for me, because usually in Elder Scrolls you get so OP you kill things very fast with not much of a challenge. So I really racked my brain for a fight that would be very fun and exciting at the same time. So you would fight the emperor in the Imperial Arena, and he would send random waves of 4 warriors to fight you, they would all be very much like classes in WoW, think Faction champs but you don't get to mark or plan it out and its random. Let's say you get Rogue, Warrior, Mage and Priest first. Then after a minute you get a Monk, then another minute you get a Warlock, etc etc. Just keeps on going on and on. Can your raid group survive? After all 11 or 12 (might get a new class in next expansion) the emperor comes down and surenders only to be beat down or spared by your raid group, you choose.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf-15ga5PqY
    10. Gannondorf from The Legend of Zelda. What would a this place be with out Gannon, I mean come on?! Gannon summons the triforce and empowers himself. You must tank him in the center of the room where he takes NO damage, and randomly he will target players with a ball of light where players must click an extra button called deflect darkness to repel his energy ball back at his face. Once he is hit 3 times he falls and gets weak and then is only exposed to damage. Dps players will fight shadows that swarm and envelop the healers, while tanks hold Gannon. Once he is down to 50% he reveals his true form. That of a pig beast who constantly blade storms around the room, and essentially you must burn him down fast and hard to 25% where he becomes his evil king self again and is tanked, swapped, parts of the ground break off and fall into darkness, he blade storms, and fills parts of the room with dark fire.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh1g9B_eBY

Well, thanks if you read all of my crazy raid idea. I was inspired and I hope you all enjoy it. Leave comments below in what you think of my raid idea. What ten bosses would you have in your fantasy raid? Don't be too picky with my raid mechanics because they're just raw ideas of how it would go down, nothing tested or serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    you would imagine there would be copyright issues. You can't just copy/paste characters directly from other games, and slightly adapting each of those characters to not break copyright rules would just be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    you would imagine there would be copyright issues. You can't just copy/paste characters directly from other games, and slightly adapting each of those characters to not break copyright rules would just be silly.
    I think the OP realizes that the likelihood of his idea coming to fruition is nil. It's still an awesome one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I really wish people would be like [Suggestion] or something like that in the raid title. I read titles like this and get super excited, thinking theres some breaking information about a new raid coming out.

That said, it sounds like an interesting raid concept.

Hello misleading title that leads to Final Fantasy fanboy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Deleted
    Shame it won't happen , although I would LOVE to kill Gannon in wow >=D.

Fawful from the super mario RPG's x)

Deleted
    uhmmm i hate to shoot down ideas buuuuut...wow is just not the game where you clash worlds together like that.

World of RPG? Anyways, I can't see how Final Fantasy characters fit in, same goes for Secret of Mana etc. Ganondorf would be so horribly out of place. Why are you mad at poor Septim? Giygas would have half of the raid disconnect because they'd need to change pants.

Doesn't really work, sorry, WoW should keep itself in the Warcraft universe, it's not Super Smash Bros. Even then there's tons of other characters from other universes that would fit better than those listed.

Most titles to threads are missleading, and I am a Final Fantasy Fan boy. So are you, look at your Forum Icon lol. I have some other RPG bosses in there from Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Crono Trigger, The Tales series, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and Legend of Zelda. So there is some nice variety in there, I think only 2 of them are Final Fantasy actually, so way to not read an entire post.

I also understand this would NEVER happen due to copy right laws and such, but I just think it would be super awesome to see in game. I'd really wanna see constructive feed back as what the community would like to see created into a WoW boss. Use your imagination here people lol.

Damn straight I'm a fanboy. Don't fuggin mess with the black mage.

10+ Year Old Account

Admitting you're a fanboy is NEVER a good thing.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

...This sounds like Kingdom Hearts.

Whoa there, I'm not lol. I don't want Fire 4 casted on mah face lol. So Final Fantasy Fan boy Zues, what 10 boss fights you wanna see in WoW? Some one has to answer this basic question.

Deleted
    Only if we can fight Mario.

eh, they're already have ruined the storyline of wow with stupid cheesy movie & pop culture references, i guess it wouldnt really matter anymore since they're literally incorporating an entire race/exp based off of an april fool's joke only a handful of people remember from wc3 beta, lol.

Oh yeah, fighting Ganondorf. Since this is an thing that will never happen, I think we could introduce Link as its own class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Whoa there, I'm not lol. I don't want Fire 4 casted on mah face lol. So Final Fantasy Fan boy Zues, what 10 boss fights you wanna see in WoW? Some one has to answer this basic question.
    Kiljaeden, Archimonde, Bolvar LK, Super Kelthuzad, Captain Sargeras, Ragnaros 3.0, some water boss to finally finish up that pointless Vash'jir crap, maybe some kinda Stone Lord thing to round up the elemental lords?, some kind of dragon that causes a worldwide catastrophe- could call it like "cataclysm" or some crap, and Hogger 9000.

Checkmate

Deleted
    Add Crash Bandicoot and it's perfect. None will survive his DEATH TORNADO!!