Deleted

DH weapon! what stats? bow or xbow???

Hi guys..

I have a 860 dps bow atm and i am looking to upgrade..

What should i be looking for?? attackspeed? %dmg? dex? Or is just a high dps on the weapon good enough??

And what weap should i get?? i run with sharpshooter... bow or xbow??

I hear all stats are calculated in the dps so is there a point to even look at the stats? just look at the dps??

Thx alot

10+ Year Old Account
    High DPS, vitality, weapon speed if you can get it, and of course dexterity.

Deleted
    xbow with critdmg %

not all stats are calculated in the dps, such as dex/critdmg etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    High DPS, vitality, weapon speed if you can get it, and of course dexterity.
    The vit is kinda useless.. I am in inferno act 4...

What i was wondering.. The perfect stats i think would be dex , attack speed, crithit dmg..

BUT if a see a weapon with just a shit load of dex and lets say %weapon dmg and 1000 dps would this weapen be better then a weapon with dex, attack speed and crithitdmg but just 900 dps?

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    xbow with critdmg %

not all stats are calculated in the dps, such as dex/critdmg etc.

why the xbow?? and whats stats are not calculated??

Deleted
    xbow gives 50% more crit dmg from archery.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well. Technically speaking if you could get two 1h crossbows with sockets (and preferably Max Discpline) they would in theory edge out anything else since you'd get crit damage from both weapons (and up to 20 more discpline, again, preferably).

As for Xbow vs 2H the crit damage is nice for that bigger burst, but the 15% from using a bow applies even when you don't crit, so it's a natural tradeoff.

Generally speaking, I just go with whatever has higher DPS honestly.

I've rather enjoyed + cold damage and the snares that happen from most attacks because of it.

Highest dps, and crit damage and/or sockets on an xbow is generally the best.

2h xbow with the Best dps you can afford, after that crit damage, a socket, or dex is fantastic. attack speed is ok... but it gets counted into the weapons dps so overall its not as good as something with the same dps without the ias.

2h xbow, 1200 dps+, 100 dex, crit dmg 80+ and a socket. Although that would just be crazy CRAZY expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maes View Post
    2h xbow with the Best dps you can afford, after that crit damage, a socket, or dex is fantastic. attack speed is ok... but it gets counted into the weapons dps so overall its not as good as something with the same dps without the ias.

Is dex and crit dmg not counted aswel?

Quote Originally Posted by Konoz View Post
    Is dex and crit dmg not counted aswel?
    Not in the DPS of the weapon's tooltip unlike +X% attack speed/+X% dmg on a weapon.

Ex: if you see two weapons

1000 DPS
    +20% attack speed
    +100 Dex
    socket

1000 DPS
    +100 Dex
    socket
    +10% crit dmg

the second one is better as the attack speed is already calculated into the 1000 DPS of the first weapon.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2012-06-12 at 12:35 PM.

For normal players that cannot afford two one handed crossbows with maximum discipline increase, a socket and 1k+ DPS, generally a hard hitting two handed crossbow is better for soloing, and a faster, high DPS bow is better for when you are in a group.

The reasoning behind this is:
    When you are soloing acts three and four of inferno, you will be stutter stepping (step in one direction, shooing an arrow in the other direction) continuously. When you are stutter stepping, you only have time for one to two shots max per step, this makes weapon speed irrelevant. Therefore you want a slow, hard hitting crossbow, because it will give you the most consistent damage because in general crossbows damage range is much tighter. If you look at a fast high DPS bow, you will notice that the low end damage is somewhere around 500, and the top end damage is somewhere around 1000, but if you look at a high damage crossbow, the damage starts at 1000 and will go up to 1200 giving you a much smaller range of possible damage from the weapon, making it superior for stutter stepping and thus superior for when you are soloing.

When you are in a group, either is fine, but generally shooting more nether tentacles as quickly as possible tends to be superior DPS because well, you don't have to move nearly as much and can simply turret your way to victory cowering behind your Monk or Barb.

So in general, I would aim for a crossbow since it works fine in both situations, and being able to solo is great, but as others have suggested, just take the one with the highest DPS, taking into consideration stats such as +weapon damage% and increased attack speed that are pre-factored into the weapons tooltip DPS.

Deleted
    I ran with a 1.1k DPS crossbow with 25% attack speed, and an empty socket on my DH (Which I filled with a Star Emerald). Along with the standard passives, Archery, Steady Aim and Sharpshooter.

Though, when I used a bow (after I sold my lovely crossbow after clearing Inferno), I went for high IAS, high Dex, a socket (again threw a Star Emerald in it) and then dropped Sharpshooter in favour of Tactical Advantage or Custom Engineering.

EDIT: As for getting two decent 1h crossbows with 10 max Disc and a socket, you're looking at some hefty expendature. I personally went for a Quiver with 10 max Discipline and + % damage to either Hungering Arrow or Elemental Arrow, Dex and a socket, and, a cloak with decent Dex, multiple sockets and 10 max Dicipline, which collectively were cheaper than even getting one 1h crossbow with good stats.
    Last edited by mmoc976c300d9b; 2012-06-12 at 01:51 PM.