Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    With the whole pvp power rework in MOP I don't know if I would jump on the Human band wagon right now.
    Hi Sephurik

Human is only good for shadow, for disc night elf is amazing since you can shadowmeld CCs if you practice using it. Worgen is also good since you can shield and darkflight to help escape or help get off fears. Gnome is ok, escape artist can be useful to escape melee at times. Dwarf and draenei are both ok as well. You can't go too wrong with alliance priests all the racials are somewhat decent. But in general human for shadow or night elf for disc are probably the best choices if you make good use of their racials.

Human if you have access to two good trinkets. Otherwise, Dwarf w/ stoneform is nice as an escape mechanism since Priests can't remove poisons (read: Crippling Poison). Darkflight isn't so hot because you spend most of your time snared in PVP.

EMFH isn't the most overpowered racial ever. It is just a really easy target for QQ (that guy blew me up! He's a Human! It must have been his extra trinket! Humans are SO overpowered) when the problem just as well might have been operator error on the defender's part. If you have really strong PVE trinkets, then there's an argument, however, if you DON'T have such trinkets, the racial isn't doing all that much for you.

The problem with EMFH isn't the racial itself, its that there are always a few PVE trinkets that turn out to be really OP in PVP every tier. Hopefully, the change to PVP stats in MoP will make that less of a problem and you'll see fewer baddies QQ'ing about EMFH.

Human for Shadow if you have good trinkets like CotC, otherwise Dwarf or Night Elf.
    Last edited by Felade; 2012-06-14 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    My shadowpriest is Night Elf. I thought of race changing to human, but I decided not to, 'cause it wasn't game breaking in my opinion. Besides, I got so used of melding stuff that's thrown at me and I couldn't live without it. :P

That said, I think all races have their pros and cons and here's my order from best to worst from a shadowpriest perpective:

Humans get free trinket, allowing you to equip a more offensive second trinket. That's good with support, but if you're doing random BGs for example, that may not hapen very often.
    Night Elves, you can vanish stuff and since you got limited ways to escape, I find this ability great. Also drops focus.
    Dwarf - Stoneform can be very useful when a melee is sitting on you. Especially fun after a feral fully dotted you.
    Worgen - the sprint is useful, but highly situational imo. Just have engineering instead. The 1% crit can be handy, but I don't see how it can make or break a game.
    Gnome - expansive mind it's not intellect so it doesn't count as more spell power - just more mana. Escape artist helps you dispell a snare once in a while, but you can work with fade alone just fine.

Edit: forgot Draenei - the 1% hit is useless in PvP, 'cause even as shadow you'll be wearing the mooncloth 4 piece giving you enough more than enough spirit for the 4% cap. Gift of Naaru takes you out of shadowform, so it's only good when you shift out.
    Last edited by mmoc511d3ea3df; 2012-06-14 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    When I moved the realm and faction, I changed to a gnome, and I have to admit that it's not that bad at all. Bigger mana pool is maybe not that helpful at all as a holy in pve, but for pvp, I found the racial (Escape Artist) pretty useful.
    In the end, it's still up to what you like - I would always choose draenei or gnome over a human because I don't like them :P

You can't go wrong with Night Elf and Human. Both are amazing for PvP. People who like "passive" increases (additional trinket) will prefer Human, while people who prefer dodging/negating incoming damage or CC (a little bit more skill involved) will prefer Night Elf for their Shadowmeld.

I think that more top priests are Night Elf because having an additional way to dodge CC is probably better than some passive increase in stats. I also tend to think that way.
    When you look at Horde side, Undead is the best race because it has an additional CC counter (WoTF against Fear/Sleep/Charm). And in Arena, any additional talent that helps you counter incoming CC is really really damn good. Shadowmeld is such a talent. And it also can help against big damage (say, dodging an Aimed Shot). So it's even more valuable. But it requires good timing and game overview.

All other Alliance racials aren't worth much... Dwarf maaaaaybe decent for their -10% damage, but it's really not that good.
    Gnome Escape Artist can be good, but it's too situational. And you have the 4 piece PvP bonus anyway versus snares.
    Worgen sprint? Even more situational. There will be many games where it won't matter at all.
    Draenei HoT has always been weak.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-06-16 at 04:26 PM.

Human. They can be blondes, and aren't midgets. It's a win win.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2012-06-18 at 05:54 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Female NE. You can be a hot chick with purple hair, and Shadowmeld Saves Lives.

This post was brought to you by the Shadowmeld Advisory Committee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DAV_76 View Post
    Female NE. You can be a hot chick with purple hair, and Shadowmeld Saves Lives.

This post was brought to you by the Shadowmeld Advisory Committee.
    Like.

10 chars
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Gnome, because they're cute, and badass at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Gnome, because they're cute, and badass at the same time.
    ...and they make the best gold beggars.

Who wouldn't give out a few gold pieces to some small, cute little poor guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Human, EMfH is the most over powered PvP racial ever.
    http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=5227/touch-of-the-grave

Touch of the Grave Racial Passive
    Your attacks and damaging spells have a chance to drain the target, dealing 12654 to 14706 Shadow damage and healing you for the same amount.

20% proc rate. will be new master race if live.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

Your attacks and damaging spells have a chance to drain the target, dealing 12654 to 14706 Shadow damage and healing you for the same amount.

Was about time to pair the best looking class with the best racial IMO.
    Otherwise would be sick of having to change to a fugly, green, midget which I can't stand looking at for the umpteenth time, just for that extra haste that brings me to a certain "cap".
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

Ya I don't even know what they are thinking there, it's like a return to Undead having an additional incredibly powerful dot that heals them for 100% damage (original DP) - and the dev's going "oh but it's balanced because it costs a lot of mana". Touch of the Grave is too strong.

I think they need to wipe out on-use racials. It's sad but true, they are just too strong - they came to the same conclusion when priests had priest-racials - they just never completed the thought and realized the same logic applied to Will of the Forsaken and Goblin Jump and EMfHS and Shadowmeld.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Human, EMfH is the most over powered PvP racial ever.
    not ever.
    before its nerf WotF was far more powerful due to the fact it was a second pvp trinket.

I was Human for a long time, and EMFH is a great tool, however it all depends on what you are going to be doing.

I always PVP'd casually so I was never about min/maxing , I now prefer being an NE. Shadowmeld has a good number of uses and can either help for an ambush or to stop a CC. A warrior with a limited stealth is pretty badass, if I do say so myself, that and NE have much better animations than humans (females atleast)

Edit* Just realized this was in the priest sub forums...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    not ever.
    before its nerf WotF was far more powerful due to the fact it was a second pvp trinket.
    I would say it's still the most powerful, as someone who used to play RPS - and now plays RLS (my spriest is benched for the season to a lock I made month or two ago ><) - if we get queued against a team with 2 or more undead it's essentially an auto-loss. There is no comp that has the same problem from queueing against two or more humans - and given RLS is 12% of the teams over 2400 (the most common comp) - being able to automatically add 12% of matches to your win ratio by picking the right race is unique to undead even now.

If you are using something like Cunning of the Cruel, then a human gains 2k spellpower for 20 seconds every 2 minutes - where every other race would need to equip a pvp trinket - that's certainly not a bad bonus for their race - but it doesn't automatically win you all games against arguably the stongest comp in the game this season: WotF still does that.

Edit: And the really competitive teams know this, essentially every horde RMP I fight this season is triple undead, every horde RLS I fight is double undead (shaman cant be undead of course) - since Fear is our only "real" CC - it's like fighting a team with double the effective trinkets of their alliance equivalent.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-06-18 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Was about time to pair the best looking class with the best racial IMO.
    Otherwise would be sick of having to change to a fugly, green, midget which I can't stand looking at for the umpteenth time, just for that extra haste that brings me to a certain "cap".
    Troll's better than Goblin for PvE btw. And Undead are better for PvP.

Deleted
    Human for a free trinket and + spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    You can't go wrong with Night Elf and Human. Both are amazing for PvP. People who like "passive" increases (additional trinket) will prefer Human, while people who prefer dodging/negating incoming damage or CC (a little bit more skill involved) will prefer Night Elf for their Shadowmeld.
    You've kind of got a bunch of the same opinions here, but I agree just the same. Personally my priests are human.

Then again, things will probably change with MoP - but there's still time for that, plenty of time to level something new as a different race.