Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

E3 Interview with Scott Hartsman

Lucky Scott Hartsman got interviewed by the delectable Hillary "Pokket" Nicole

He didn't let slip too many goodies about Storm Legion but you have to admire his enthusiasm for Rift

Pokket. /vomit

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Pokket. /vomit
    You dont like...
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    You dont like...
    I like her because she looks like Molly Madison (google her). Outside of that very good interview

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I like her because she looks like Molly Madison (google her). Outside of that very good interview
    Yea, im trying to figure out why fencers doesn't like her... enless fencers is female, than I could understand..
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Yea, im trying to figure out why fencers doesn't like her... enless fencers is female, than I could understand..
    Pokket used to be on "The Sanctum" rift webshow now and then on GamebreakerTV before it got canceled.. shortly after that she sold out to SW:ToR and quit playing rift and started doing SW:ToR shows.. though now it appears MMORPG.com is just going to put her on everything since she's a decent looking female to attract viewers to their site etc. No idea what MMOs she plays now

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have anything against Pokket but I can see why someone would not like the image she puts out. That and the whole championing Rift on GBTV and then seemingly leaving Rift behind when she left GBTV. I would imagine the amount of make up she puts on probably aggravates a lot of female gamers. She is interviewing Scott Hartsman but hasn't streamed Rift in ages.

And Scott, bro, if you're reading this, why you no do an AMA on reddit.

You dont like...
    No, I think she is super fake. Her entire persona is such a put on. I watched her stream a bunch and read her blog as well. Just a shade above a "teehee girl". She wears like hideous clothes, annoying voice and her make up makes me want to vomit. Lots.

I can see why gamer boys would be into her fakeness. What-fucking-ever.

Don't care if I sound like a bish, cuz I sorta am anyway.

No, I think she is super fake. Her entire persona is such a put on. I watched her stream a bunch and read her blog as well. Just a shade above a "teehee girl". She wears like hideous clothes, annoying voice and her make up makes me want to vomit. Lots.

I can see why gamer boys would be into her fakeness. What-fucking-ever.

Don't care if I sound like a bish, cuz I sorta am anyway.
    TBH girls have no place in gaming at all. It's a man's world, stay the hell out!

I'm with Fencers on this. I'd never heard of Pokket before Rift was released. She seemed harmless enough at first, posting useless guides like "how to customize your UI" (she switched her action bars to vertical) but kept gaining popularity while providing nothing in interviews or discussions outside of bullet-point summations dressed down in low quality bites. I've no doubt she plays a number of games, but they always seem to be flavor-of-the-month stuff.

Now she appears on like 20 sites and survives on her looks and personality

Pico from Curse can at least be entertaining when interviewing people. Pokket comes off like a poser who's been handed a mic.

Eh, I'm on Fencers side for this one, if it counts for anything - her makeup IS hideous. IMO the whole interview was a little lacking. Pokket asked rather vague questions, to which Scott gave predictably broad answers, and while I enjoyed listening to his answers (particularly the bit about his role in the company!), I didn't actually gain any knowledge for having done so. The whole thing was really just a repeat of what anyone who'd been following rift news even a little already knew, but without the specifics to attract people who hadn't, and compared to the hype being generated for some of the other new/unreleased MMOs, it felt much too lacklustre for what rift deserves. IMO. I guess as a chick I'm comparatively less likely to consider her powered-up chest as contributing significantly to the quality of her interviewing skills :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony3187 View Post
    Pokket used to be on "The Sanctum" rift webshow now and then on GamebreakerTV before it got canceled.. shortly after that she sold out to SW:ToR and quit playing rift and started doing SW:ToR shows.. though now it appears MMORPG.com is just going to put her on everything since she's a decent looking female to attract viewers to their site etc. No idea what MMOs she plays now
    She is a pvp-o-holic, so she shares the mentality you normally see from them. Her main game is LoL. She had a hard on for TOR for awhile, and hyped it for awhile until the facade could no long last. Pretty sure she will be doing GW2 pvp tournament live streams, since that is the next destination for the pvp crowd until the next best thing comes along.

I do not mind her really. She seems pretty hyped for games she likes and people like to hate on stuff for the hell of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a shade above a "teehee girl". She wears like hideous clothes, annoying voice and her make up makes me want to vomit. [I]Lots[/I
    I'm a guy, and agree.

Fuck that shit.

And lets get this thread off the topic of the interviewer, and back on what the interviewee is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And Scott, bro, if you're reading this, why you no do an AMA on reddit.
    Dead honest truth? Every time someone asks that, my first thought is: "Why would anyone care what *I* have to say?" (This, despite the fact that I think it'd be fun.)

I think I just need to get over that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kneel before your God chosen ones, the Great Hartsman has joined us !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartsman View Post
    Dead honest truth? Every time someone asks that, my first thought is: "Why would anyone care what *I* have to say?" (This, despite the fact that I think it'd be fun.)

I think I just need to get over that.
    Nevermind Reddit, do one here! Do you know how many gamers visit this site, and how frikkin cool it would be for a developer to do a Q&A here? It would be awesome for us and awesome for RIFT

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Kneel before your God chosen ones, the Great Hartsman has joined us !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Nevermind Reddit, do one here! Do you know how many gamers visit this site, and how frikkin cool it would be for a developer to do a Q&A here? It would be awesome for us and awesome for RIFT
    You guys really believe that's him?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    You guys really believe that's him?
    Only one way to confirm.

Scott, tweet us something relevant. And awesome ;D

PS. Nice choice of twitter avatar!

EDIT: Meh, he logged off again. Nevermind. The tone seems about right, right time of day to be posting for the US, but we may never really know. Though if I was trolling and I made an account to imitate a developer, I would probably do more than just one post
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-06-13 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Only one way to confirm.

Scott, tweet us something relevant. And awesome ;D

PS. Nice choice of twitter avatar!
    Hahaha -- thanks.

"The following errors occurred with your submission. You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

Turns out the forum doesn't believe it's me either. Here, have a non-URL. twitter.com/hartsman/status/212930908347580416

And yes, just a quick trip over while making the internet rounds over coffee before work.