Thread: The Tribunal

Deleted

The Tribunal

Well i have started to read up on how it works (had alot of retards lately motivating me to do my job in cleaning them out), but i am still confused to how it works with the rewards, any regular users around here, who might be interested in sharing info, experiences and even stories of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    U read the case and thenn decide if the person should be punished or not. If what u decided is the final outcome u get a small amount of IP i think its 5 IP but not sure. U can see several matches the person played with several reports.
    Figgering out harasment, negative attitude and stuff like that is pritty easy yust reading the chat log. Yust look closer whenn its for feeding/assisting enemy team people often get reported for that yust for having a bad start/game beign bad isnt a bannable offense.

I'd say yust try it out and you will learn fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any specific questions, just pop them here. Think Reluctant covered most of the basics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    U read the case and thenn decide if the person should be punished or not. If what u decided is the final outcome u get a small amount of IP i think its 5 IP but not sure. U can see several matches the person played with several reports.
    Figgering out harasment, negative attitude and stuff like that is pritty easy yust reading the chat log. Yust look closer whenn its for feeding/assisting enemy team people often get reported for that yust for having a bad start/game beign bad isnt a bannable offense.

I'd say yust try it out and you will learn fast.
    5 IP? Damn, never gonna waste my time with that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Thats how it actually works, how it should work is basicly described above.. but yeah its probably 1 of the single worst things ive ever seen a game company implement.
    Remember that usually, there's a reason why people are reported in the first place.

If people don't do anything out of line, I'm pretty sure people won't be as dumb as to deem them guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    It's 5 IP per case though, so if you solve 10 cases, that's 50 IP. Not that great still, but it doesn't really take that much time anyway.

Deleted
    I just started today, and this is something I intend to continue doing in the future because of a) I get to clear out those assholes b) it's funny as hell to read the chat logs =D Watching someone going bazonkas, spamming chat just to switch over to his/hers native language and continue in a mix of both. Priceless.

10+ Year Old Account
    You receive e-mail alerts from Riot whenever you're rewarded IP for "correctly" doing Tribunal cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    It's 5 IP per case though, so if you solve 10 cases, that's 50 IP. Not that great still, but it doesn't really take that much time anyway.
    It's also a lot faster now that they reduced the delay before choosing an option to 15 seconds. (It was 60 seconds prior to the recent Tribunal update)
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    "hey gaius lets let a free game manage its own bans! what could go wrong"

"but not everyone is retarded'

"then we will lie to them and say we did all kinds of safety measures and then all the fanbois will defend us and everyone else will get frustrated enough to realize you can't win an
    argument against a brick wall and leave it alone"

"what if they show us evidence saying the ban was falsely given"

"don't show them any processes or evidence and say its for privacy"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    "hey gaius lets let a free game manage its own bans! what could go wrong"

"but not everyone is retarded'

"then we will lie to them and say we did all kinds of safety measures and then all the fanbois will defend us and everyone else will get frustrated enough to realize you can't win an
    argument against a brick wall and leave it alone"

"what if they show us evidence saying the ban was falsely given"

"don't show them any processes or evidence and say its for privacy"
    If they wanted to get their banning hard-on fixes done even further, they might as well have implemented an automatic banning system. You decide to play Eve? Ban for 60 years! You build AP on Soraka? Ban for 1337 years! You decide to play DotA(1/2)/HoN instead of LoL? Ban for 9001 years!
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    If they wanted to get their banning hard-on fixes done even further, they might as well have implemented an automatic banning system. You decide to play Eve? Ban for 60 years! You build AP on Soraka? Ban for 1337 years! You decide to play DotA(1/2)/HoN instead of LoL? Ban for 9001 years!
    Don't want to make it too obvious now, they need to make it subtle and put the blood on other player's hands and not their own.

I doubt any company in the world wants to brag about permabanning 7% of the millions of players they have.

Giving atleast one ban to over 55% of the players probably isn't smart either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't want to make it too obvious now, they need to make it subtle and put the blood on other player's hands and not their own.

I doubt any company in the world wants to brag about permabanning 7% of the millions of players they have.

Giving atleast one ban to over 55% of the players probably isn't smart either.
    Well, Nexon was stupid enough to implement an autoban system in MapleStory, which obviously didn't do it's job correctly.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I don't do Tribunal for IP. Far as I'm concerned they could just remove it. I do it to get rid of the morons that think they need to rage hard in games and flex their e-peen.

Used to be 20 IP per case in its early stages RIP old Tribunal

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Used to be 20 IP per case in its early stages RIP old Tribunal
    That meant you got more ip for banning people than actually playing the game which lead to "BAN ALL THE THINGS" because, you know, giving anonymous people on the internet power to ban AND THEN REWARDING THEM FOR BANNING PEOPLE is a bad idea

Deleted
    That meant you got more ip for banning people than actually playing the game which lead to "BAN ALL THE THINGS" because, you know, giving anonymous people on the internet power to ban AND THEN REWARDING THEM FOR BANNING PEOPLE is a bad idea
    Stop being so butthurt about being banned. Most of the times I do press punish yes, but that is because most of the people judged in the EUNE tribunal are comeplete assholes.

When I opened the tribunal today this was the first case to come up, and the majority of the cases are exactly like this one:

Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-06-13 at 07:01 PM.

Deleted
    But sometimes you do see those poor players who have been verbally abused by other players and reported for intentional feeding, when the statictics tell that they truly tried and just had a bad game.

Deleted
    I think they should remove the feeding report. People are reporting and voting against rules, because lack of skill is no offense.
    However it appears that most of the cases are about bad language, something you can judge very fairly.

10+ Year Old Account
    People tend to focus on the word 'feeding' and overlook the word 'intentional'.