Page 1 of 2
LastLast

orcs use kodo excrement as ink

it's true!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Minx%27ll_Fix_It

this quest is triggered by finding an Illegible Orc Letter as an alliance adventurer in Stonetalon Mountains.

<Minx takes the letter from you and begins to read it.>
    Uh oh...
    <Minx smells the parchment.>
    Disgusting!
    <Minx folds the paper in half and looks at you.>
    The good news is that this isn't toilet paper. The bad news is that the ink on this paper is a mixture of kodo poop and blood. That's not the worst of it, though...
    that letter was written by an Overlord of the Horde. he was no peon, so he could for sure buy some ink made of herbs or something. instead: blood and kodo poop

ok, we always knew orcs didn't exactly smell like flowers. but going as far as to use kodo poop as ink is too much.

what's next? devilsaur poop lipstick?
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-06-12 at 08:12 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Maybe he needed to write it that moment and was in a dire situation. Also note he used blood. Who else but a Warlock uses blood to write?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Maybe he needed to write it that moment and was in a dire situation. Also note he used blood. Who else but a Warlock uses blood to write?
    Orcs, it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Orcs have been known to resort to cannibalism and love killing everything that moves I thought? I would have assumed they would have jumped at the idea that to write a letter then get to go and slaughter something.

Also, I do hope this is a reference to Jim'll Fix It, seeing as he died a while back. Brb gona go see if anyone has decided

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's true!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Minx%27ll_Fix_It

this quest is triggered by finding an Illegible Orc Letter as an alliance adventurer in Stonetalon Mountains.

that letter was written by an Overlord of the Horde. he was no peon, so he could for sure by some ink made of herbs or something. instead: blood and kodo poop

ok, we always knew orcs didn't exactly smell like flowers. but going as far as to use kodo poop as ink is too much.

maybe he wrote the letter in middle of the battlefield? maybe he was wounded and had no other stuff to write with except a mix of kodo poop and blood? maybe it was an emergency?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna say devilsaur sweat lipstick. Then I remembered they're reptiles

10+ Year Old Account
    that letter was written by an Overlord of the Horde. he was no peon, so he could for sure by some ink made of herbs or something.
    Maybe he didn't have inscription or herbalism. I give him points for creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkiller93 View Post
    maybe he wrote the letter in middle of the battlefield? maybe he was wounded and had no other stuff to write with except a mix of kodo poop and blood? maybe it was an emergency?
    the guy who wrotte the letter was overlord krom'gar. except for this kodo poop thing, he never got his hands dirty in stonetalon. he'd always have his underlings or his... gigantic bomb to do the job for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I was gonna say devilsaur sweat lipstick. Then I remembered they're reptiles
    magic sweat! a sweat-debuff or -curse maybe? magic will fix everything, trust me - i know what i'm doing. *casts flame strike onto himself*

on topic:
    cool ink! blood and kodo poop. why didn't we have that idea earlier?! *makes notes*

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Maybe he didn't have inscription or herbalism. I give him points for creativity.
    that was a typo. I meant he could "buy" ink, not by. he wouldn't need to be a scribbe to buy ink

You guys lack imagination. Krom'gar was just punishing a lazy recruit by making him write a letter for him

that was a typo. I meant he could "buy" ink, not by. he wouldn't need to be a scribbe to buy ink
    I think that as an overlord of the horde, you wouldn't really need to buy anything, you'd just take it

Quote Originally Posted by RawrPala View Post
    I think that as an overlord of the horde, you wouldn't really need to buy anything, you'd just take it
    I guess you're right

anyway, if a mere overlord uses kodo poop as ink, I wonder what disgusting crap garrosh himself uses to write his letters.

I also wonder if he knows how to write lol

10+ Year Old Account
    one of garrosh's command using crap to write his words.

Well given how thats what garrosh himself speaks it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RawrPala View Post
    Orcs have been known to resort to cannibalism and love killing everything that moves I thought? I would have assumed they would have jumped at the idea that to write a letter then get to go and slaughter something.

Also, I do hope this is a reference to Jim'll Fix It, seeing as he died a while back. Brb gona go see if anyone has decided
    The only clan of orcs that were cannibals were the Bonechewer who stayed behind on Draenor. After BC most of them were wiped out.

Gross. Orcs are disgusting. "BLOOD AND FECES!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Gross. Orcs are disgusting. "BLOOD AND FECES!"
    No no, some of us orcs like to bath and keep our tusks clean. Its the few rotten apples that give us a bad rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what Orcs used before joining up with Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I wonder what Orcs used before joining up with Tauren.
    probably wolf poop, ogre poop or maybe even orc poop lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was one commander being an a-hole, basically using crap to write to the foreman in a mocking childish sense.