Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If you were given $1000 to spend on RMH what class would you deck out?

Lets say Blizzard ran some contest and you won it. Prize was $1,000 RMAH cash that couldnt be withdrawn so you had to spend it in game. What class would you gear out to the max? Im thinking Barbarian. Mine has been on the shelf ever since he hit Inferno but after watching Kripp's videos where he faceroll farms Act III and stays full health the entire time even with multiple rares on him made me go WTF. So Id probably just make a barb with a 1k DPS sword with like 800 life on hit, find some badass shield with like 30% block, get all my resists to 1200, and then laugh at DH/Wiz as I outfarm them. Thought about monk but Revenge is just too OP to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    For 1000$ I'd expect to BiS my entire account and then have money to spare..

I'd NEVER use more than 50$ on one toon..

My whole account.. I wouldnt be stupid to spend like $250 per piece of gear and whatnot.

Deleted
    most likely barb and/or monk.
    i aswell prefer to be an unkillable powerball right on the battlefield instead of playing catch-me-if-you-can with those monsters ^^

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You wont get BiS items on a toon with any less than 250 bucks.
    Heck, most of the BiS gear up on the RMAH is apparently getting bought so that the goldsellers can sell them for more than the 250 bucks on their illegal sites.

And yes, people do buy them. Some BiS items in D2 went for thousands of dollars. There are plenty of rich kids playing this game to whom 250 bucks is peanuts.

OT: I'd probably deck out my Monk.

Or a DPS-Barbarian to kill bosses and elitepacks in a few seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barbarian or Monk.

But you'd need more than $1k to get them through Act IV - Inferno.

Deleted
    Hell no you don't, unless you're a really, REALLY bad player.

I probably wouldn't spend it, at least not for a long time. Once you're fully geared the game is over... buying full BiS is basically paying to be finished with Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    You wont get BiS items on a toon with any less than 250 bucks.
    Heck, most of the BiS gear up on the RMAH is apparently getting bought so that the goldsellers can sell them for more than the 250 bucks on their illegal sites.

And yes, people do buy them. Some BiS items in D2 went for thousands of dollars. There are plenty of rich kids playing this game to whom 250 bucks is peanuts.

OT: I'd probably deck out my Monk.

Or a DPS-Barbarian to kill bosses and elitepacks in a few seconds.
    Black market item sales like that are not representative of what prices will be like on the RMAH. Supply on a legitimate market is much much larger, and farmers can operate without the overhead of bans and so on. I think once prices settle down everything will actually be ridiculously cheap.

I would buy an axe, seeing as even crap blue items are $300

10+ Year Old Account
    Launder the $1k through the RMAH, then cash out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naemesiz View Post
    Hell no you don't, unless you're a really, REALLY bad player.
    You don't need to spend 1k$, but if you would buy the item's you need to actually be able to farm act 3/4 in a decent manner, then yes, you would need to spend that much on items.
    Prices are retarded atm, but that doesn't change the fact that you want them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    You don't need to spend 1k$, but if you would buy the item's you need to actually be able to farm act 3/4 in a decent manner, then yes, you would need to spend that much on items.
    If you need $1k real life money to actually farm Act 3/4 with a melee does that finally prove once and for all that theres a serious issue present with both melee classes?

My barb....would be nice if acts 2 3 and 4 of Inferno were as faceroll as Act 1 Inferno is, and I'm pretty sure an awesome set of gear would take care of that issue. Almost into Act 3 with him atm but some of the packs I run into are infuriating and my biggest issue is more that I don't do enough damage than can't take enough. Hell, even a really nice weapon would do wonders for me, nevermind everything else. Then again, they are supposedly nerfing all but Inferno Act 1 in the next major patch so for all I know my current gear set may do just fine then....though I hope, in all honesty, it doesn't get nerfed that hard. Some things certainly need tuning but it's inferno, it's supposed to be hard, even if 'hard' translates to major gear check/annoying as bloody hell packs.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-06-13 at 06:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    If you need $1k real life money to actually farm Act 3/4 with a melee does that finally prove once and for all that theres a serious issue present with both melee classes?
    Which has already be stated by Blizzard.
    Patch 1.0.3 will do a lot for melee, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    My barb....would be nice if acts 2 3 and 4 of Inferno were as faceroll as Act 1 Inferno is, and I'm pretty sure an awesome set of gear would take care of that issue. Almost into Act 3 with him atm but some of the packs I run into are infuriating and my biggest issue is more that I don't do enough damage than can't take enough. Hell, even a really nice weapon would do wonders for me, nevermind everything else. Then again, they are supposedly nerfing all but Inferno Act 1 in the next major patch so for all I know my current gear set may do just fine then....though I hope, in all honesty, it doesn't get nerfed that hard. Some things certainly need tuning but it's inferno, it's supposed to be hard, even if 'hard' translates to major gear check/annoying as bloody hell packs.
    You know, right now getting gear for act 2 is really easy, due to the market beeing flooded with cheap act 3/4 blues and medicore rares.
    Act 3 is where it gets retarded atm.
    People doing act 3/4 atm have gear they would not have gotten (or atleast not nearly as fast) if we didn't have all those Wizards and Demonhunters with immortality skillsets rushing to act 3/4 to farm stuff.
    You either somehow have the cash to buy all the ridiciolous tank gear or use your big CD's to burn down elites while beeing toast without them if you go DPS.
    Some people are doing "well" but they also have gear they "should" not have and/or spend massive cash already.
    There is no one even remotly close to having act 3/4 on farm with any kind of "normal" progression.
    It's the Ah that lets people do those things, without it, there would hardly be anyone having act 4 on farm.
    Last edited by mmoca12629082d; 2012-06-13 at 06:29 AM.

I would buy items sell them again and send the money paypal and spend it for Guild Wars 2.

What stats should I shoot for to be an immortal monk/barb in Act 3? Id like to do the 5 stack siegebreaker farm I but I cant even beat Magda in Act II so long ways off rofl.

I'd deck out myself and buy a crossbow and loot my street.

Deleted
    Well if you want an honest answer I'd keep the money and throw myself a party or two then keep playing the game the way I am now >.>

But that's not what you really asked, so if I had to think about it I'd probably wait until prices drop (which I think they will) and until they buff Legendaries (which they said they will do). Then I'd probably deck out my Wizard and get at least decent gear on 1 of my melee classes, not sure which one. It'll depend on what buffs/nerfs they dish out in patch 1.1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Well if you want an honest answer I'd keep the money and throw myself a party or two then keep playing the game the way I am now >.>
    That was my first thought as well... Honestly, if someone handed me 1000 bucks, I'd rather go and buy myself a new TV

The last thing I would do is spend it on a computer game.

2 sets for my Barb.

Amazingly strong tank set. Uber strong DW Life on hit dps set.