Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Pittbulls - why aren't they already banned?

Today the pittbull attacked my dog, out of nowhere, without any provocation, just for the fun I guess. That dog obviously enjoyed it, not even his owner was able to stop him. I managed to stop him, but it took a lot of kicking and stomping. I unfortunatelly paralysed him doing so and he had to be put down from what I've heard. I feel pretty bad about it, but I know it had to be done to save my little buddy. My dog took few stiches, but he will recover. However none of this would happens if pittbull were banned.

Why are people allowed to posses these kind of dogs? They are obviously very dangerous. History tells us that they were bred to kill people or animals. This is what they have in genes and like, but it is unaceptable in our society. I would say that having a pet wolf is less dangerous than having a pittbull.

Pitbulls are actually very sweet loving dogs. the thing wrong with them are how they are raised not them. So they should not be banned they should be banned from improper raising.

I just don't even know what to say to you..............

They're not banned because if they were how would Michael Vick raise them for fighting

It has to do how they are raised.

Unfortunately there are sick people that raise them to fight, and they dont learn any better.

It's not their fault. They aren't meant for novice owners.
    Hail Lord Bjor!

This is why people that are emotionally charged shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about public policy.

I feel terrible about your dog, and I would be extremely upset if it happened to mine, but you just had a dramatic event and you are already calling for things to be banned.
    There are plenty of people who own perfectly obedient and docile pitbulls. Just because there are a few bad apples doesn't mean they should be banned or deemed 'unacceptable in our society".

You only hear about the bad ones, because thats the only thing the news cares about.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know nothing about pitbulls, the race was bred to babysit and protect babies and children, its nothing but a seet dog that is treated badly by their owners and used as a fighting dog due to its strenght and strong build.
    A dog reflects the personality of hes owner, if you treat the dog well it will be a sweet and caring dog, doenst matter what breed, treat a dog like shit and guess what, it becomes agressive, stop trying to ban a whole breed just because some people are idiots who misstreat their animals and use them for pit fighting etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because pit bulls are amazing dogs originally bred to watch over children. It's how they are raised, not the breed.

Deleted
    because its down to the fuckwads who raise them, im soo sick and tired of seeing all the anti dog bullshit in the UK press lately, "this retard who cant even take care of himself let alone another living thing's dog looked at me funny....LETS BURN EM ALL derp", if you raise a dog right it will be no trouble at all, blame the arseholes raising them please, not the dog itself :<

one of my mates has had a staffy since it was a puppy (now 14 years old) and guess what, he raised it right and its one of the nicest and most tame dogs i have ever known, yet i have been walking him before and people actually cross the street and look scared at me, the poor bugger wouldnt even sniff at you without looking to either of us to see it was ok first
    Last edited by mmocc79d143111; 2012-06-13 at 10:50 PM.

Pitbulls are good dogs as long as they are raised as such, the one you encountered was not. I wouldn't feel bad, you defended your dog from another.

Deleted
    Why do I always hear how pittbull killed some dog or bit someone? I don't hear this about other dogs, just pittbulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time poster posting about an emotional subject. Just pointing that out.

Pit bulls are no different than any other dogs in the aggressiveness department. They will bite you for the same reasons any other dog will. The problem is that when they bite you, they're much more likely to take a chunk of you home with them than, say, a schnauzer.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to think they were asshole dogs too, then i met some great dogs from great owners and realized these dogs are 100% products of their owners. If the dogs are shits it basically says their owners shouldnt have had them to being with.

Yeah, my aunts pitbull is amazing with kids. If you want to ban something, how about all those dogs that a bred to be small, and because they are so tiny they bark constantly to announce their authority.

Today my Husky attacked a small dog out of nowhere. (True Story). I guess all Husky's should be banned. My dog has never showed any sign of aggression towards another dog ever, but today for some r3eason unknown to me, attacked another dog. But it doesn't mean all husky's should be trialed because of it. Pitbulls have always got a bad rap because of the publicity thrown towards every little act of aggression they show, when in fact their are other breeds much more aggressive.

By the way truly sorry about your dog getting attacked,
    you are not your class,
    you are not how much gold you have in the bank
    you're not the mount you ride,
    you're not the contents of your bags,
    You're not your f***ing epics
    you're the all singing all dancing crap of the world....of warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelthoren View Post
    Why do I always hear how pittbull killed some dog or bit someone? I don't hear this about other dogs, just pittbulls.
    Because the media doesn't give much of a shit when any other kind of dog kills a dog. Admit it, if a Chihuahua attacked your dog, would you be here making a post about it? Asking to have them banned?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

sweet dogs, put down the owners.

Let me ask you this. How many times do you hear about a Pitbull biting someone? Maybe once in a while? How many times do you think someone is attacked or bitten by a dog? A heck of a lot more than they talk about on the news.

A story of someone being bitten by a Pitbull, is polarizing and sensational, which makes that....wait for it...NEWS.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its the owner, not the dog... lets get it right atleast

because most of the time pits are misidentified as american bulldogs or boxers or some similar-looking breed. anyone with some knowledge about dog breeds and watches the daily news for cases of "pit bull" attacks can see that the media is ridiculously biased against pits.