Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Beg to differ....undergeared barb is
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    DH asking how to beat act 2? Is this a troll post cause I thought every single DH was farming Act IV and Ponies
    Parts of act 2 are pretty rough on DH, the sewers mostly because of kite room and mob types. Act 4 farming for 99% of anyone there consisted of miniboss farming and vases/tortured angels/weapon racks along with inferno pony which is easy mode compared to act 4.

DH and wiz were super OP on release and those of us that realized it got to act4 asap. The class isnt the same now as it was then because smoke screen really was that OP compared to now. After we all got act3 and 4 gear, everything was much much easier even after the nerf so for some its hard to understand how the DH plays now. New DH players playing through the acts and not getting boosted to act3 and 4 have a rough time getting out of act2 because of how squishy the class is and those sewers are just a death trap for DH just hitting act 2. This is why alot go the defensive route, which is fine because either way of gearing is fine and works.

Deleted
    OT: The snakes are visible as they approach, and if you smoke screen when they hiss, you'll avoid their attack out of stealth. You can also smoke screen preemptively if your follower is alive. You're gonna slip up and die, but I went through dodging a lot more than I died to (post nerf I should add). The snakes on Belial aren't even stealthing though, you just need to use caltrops there if your dps isn't super high, and get in a corner. The rest of the mobs won't need a mention if you went up to Maghda already.

As far as skill choices and strategy go, I like to go for a bit more endurance with caltrops, vault and the perfectionist passive, instead of sharpshooter and mark of death. In act 2, even 25k dps was enough to kill stuff fairly quick, so the extra discipline and control is nice.

With 44k DPS and 48 disc (which isn't really hard to get) they weren't really a problem for me. I went into melee range with the snakes (forcing them to go out of stealth), smoke screened, shot some Elemental Arrows then ran away right before smoke screen disappeared. Rinse and repeat. 1 shotted him with a Barb friend, 2 shotted when I attempted solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddling77 View Post
    I think seigebreaker is harder than Ghom by good margin, but im a DH. Seigebreaker just is a lot faster and have to dodge the charge. Ghom so fat and slow just walk around shooting him and kill a few adds here and there
    The key i learned after 10 wipes on Ghom is that he doesnt really attk you. He just pops his cloud when he gets close, he doesnt swing. Just have to get comfortable with him getting closer than usual.

His fart clouds 1 shotting people reguardless of ss or not was tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    DH asking how to beat act 2? Is this a troll post cause I thought every single DH was farming Act IV and Ponies
    you gotta remember most of those who are in act4 did it pre- ss nerf, so it was pretty easy, but some of us have cleared d3 without ss.

10+ Year Old Account
    They "fixed" the snakes so Caltrops now effects them even when invis so just make sure you have one placed between you and them at all times. If you can get through Phase 1-2 the 3rd phase is pretty yawn inducing for a DH. Still really is a serious gear check because without enough DPS you wont be able to get to P3 before you run out of Disc.

Oh and since someone asked I use the Torturous Ground rune.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.