Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

LOL @ tech support from blizzard. Someone else want to help me plz?

keeps restarting my computer after startup. auto restart is already disabled. only d3 game does this
    just bought d3. popped in cd. installed. went through cinema. went to create a character and computer restarts. auto restart is already disabled.

MSInfo.txt
    DxDiag.txt

27hrs later:

Denvorer
    Customer Service Representative

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us in regards of your issues or concerns with your computer keeps restarting when playing D3.

90% of the time when computers BSOD or restart out of the bloom means there could be a hardware crash or the program that was trying to run asked your system to run something that couldn't run and which causes a crash like a BSOD. If you are not getting BSOD's and just a restart, that sounds like your computer might be overheating when trying to play D3. Our games are not the acutal cause of the crash, it is possible that your computer is having issues with overheating. Usually if the video card is getting to hot or the power suppy is having issues with supplying everything in your PC enough power to run everything.

What i can suggest is taking your computer to a local tech shop to see if they can run a test on your power supply to see if your power supply is giving enough for everything you have on your PC.

I do hope this answered your questions and concerns. If not, please respond to this ticket or you can call directly by phone at 1-800-592-5499 7AM - 8PM Pacific Time.

Regards,

Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support

_____________________________________________________________________________

So why did I submit a ticket to blizzard for if all they do is tell me to take it to a local tech shop? rofl.

Deleted
    Because
    Our games are not the acutal cause of the crash
    There's not much they can do if your hardware fails.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lhells View Post
    keeps restarting my computer after startup. auto restart is already disabled. only d3 game does this
    just bought d3. popped in cd. installed. went through cinema. went to create a character and computer restarts. auto restart is already disabled.

MSInfo.txt
    DxDiag.txt

27hrs later:

Denvorer

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us in regards of your issues or concerns with your computer keeps restarting when playing D3.

90% of the time when computers BSOD or restart out of the bloom means there could be a hardware crash or the program that was trying to run asked your system to run something that couldn't run and which causes a crash like a BSOD. If you are not getting BSOD's and just a restart, that sounds like your computer might be overheating when trying to play D3. Our games are not the acutal cause of the crash, it is possible that your computer is having issues with overheating. Usually if the video card is getting to hot or the power suppy is having issues with supplying everything in your PC enough power to run everything.

What i can suggest is taking your computer to a local tech shop to see if they can run a test on your power supply to see if your power supply is giving enough for everything you have on your PC.

I do hope this answered your questions and concerns. If not, please respond to this ticket or you can call directly by phone at 1-800-592-5499 7AM - 8PM Pacific Time.

Regards,

Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support

So why did I submit a ticket to blizzard for if all they do is tell me to take it to a local tech shop? rofl.
    Because the problem isn't with their games it's with YOUR pc.

Seems like something is wrong with your video card. Did you check to see if your card is on the supported list? Is it overheating like he asked? When is the last time you cleaned the dust out of it?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard can only troubleshoot software problems which are related to their games which they said likely was not the cause of the issue.

It's not like they can give you a link to download a new motherboard or whatever, you know?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

What Sub said...also how do you want "US" to help you when you've given us even less than you gave the Blizz techs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, lol. They can't magicaly scan your hardware to find a problem with your PC and help you to solve it.
    And it is not their responsibility too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you submit the ticket? Because you didn't know what was wrong. Now you know. So...unplug that bad boy and drag it to a tech. Or just fix it.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a hardware problem. No extent of email tech support will ever fix a hardware issue.

If it's restarting and not freezing it's 99% of the time not a program.

Overheating normally freezes video/sound so that's probably not it.
    The most common causes of restarts is memory.
    Take out 1 memory stick at a time, if it still happens, put that one back in and take out the next, etc.

If they all work, check the power supply, use a multimeter (voltmeter), if you don't know how take the PS out and take it to have it tested, some places do it free, some charge up to $10
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

its not a hardware problem when my computer can run every other game fine. my fans were cleaned a few weeks ago and my gpu doesn't have a fan. and i have my case opened it peaks at 54 says HWmonitor; when it crashes i can feel my card and its not even in the 60s for sure.

i've tested both my ram sticks and they're fine. psu is 650w.
    using radeon hd 5570 which works fine.

what's the blizzard tickets for if they just tell you to take it to tech shop?

they dont scan my computer? im sure dxdiag and msinfo gives them some info about my computer at least.. i've seen what info it gives.

AGAIN its NOT a hardware fail.

EDIT: psu is certified before someone else asks the most obvious questions.
    all my specs meet the req.

its not a hardware problem when my computer can run every other game fine. my fans were cleaned a few weeks ago and my gpu doesn't have a fan. and i have my case opened it peaks at 54 says HWmonitor; when it crashes i can feel my card and its not even in the 60s for sure.

they dont scan my computer? im sure dxdiag and msinfo gives them some info about my computer at least.. i've seen what info it gives.

It's not a software problem when everyone else's computer runs it fine.

See how wrong that sounds? It likely is a hardware or driver problem. Take accountability for your computer and stop blaming somebody else. It could very well be RAM, like a poster above said. Take out 1 stick, try again. Rotate sticks, try again. Update video driver?

Not all games run the same, tax the processor/GPU the same, allocate RAM the same. If you can't figure it out after trying that, take it to a tech shop.

edit: and how did you test your RAM? Remove a stick method? Or RAM diag tools? I've had RAM pass many passes of RAM diag and still be bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or are people losing all remnants of common an good sense?

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account

If it reboots, it's a hardware problem. If it crashes the application it's the game.

Could be drivers. Memory, system board, psu as everyone has stated. Start running tests. It's possible your other games don't stress your system like D3 is doing.

10+ Year Old Account

MSInfo.txt
    DxDiag.txt

27hrs later:

Denvorer

Greetings,

Regards,

Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support

Because they can't teleport to your house and fix it for you. And they can't assume your a computer genius either. So, best solution, take it to a local tech shop.

Most likely because what they can do is limited to working with the files, If its something to do with your physical computer then either you have to fix it (If you know how) Or take it to a local tech shop so they can fix it, The customer support did exactly waht they needed to do.

Brb guys. Girlfriend just tossed a brick into my TV and broke the screen. Gotta call comcast!

they couldn't have done everything if they didn't even ask for my computer specs...

i tested 1 ram stick at a time with memtest86+

@Trogodora
    there's no need to respond like the idiot on blizzard did.

all drivers are up to date. the only thing i can't update is my bios but i've contacted my manufactures and both say there are no updates for it.

like i said. certifited psu and it runs fine.

if all you claim is hardware issue why does it only affect d3??

@Mindark
    just like your name, your mind is in the darkness. if you look at bnet forums. there's tons of post of people having completely new comps and still have the same problem as i do. its not only me who has this problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    if all you claim is hardware issue why does it only affect d3?
    Because it uses resources no other application uses on your PC or it stresses your system like no other game has.

Deleted
    I'm not sure why you on so set on it being D3. There are literally hundreds of possibilities of things that are wrong with your computer. Any number of which will cause restarts. I remember my old GPU died on me and everytime I ran WoW it rebooted my system. No other games did which threw me for a while but then I replaced the card and my computer ran fine after that.

Test your gpu, try out another one and see what happens. If not, start looking at the rest of the hardware, it could be anything. Hell it could just be a bad install causing problems your computer can't compensate for so its just shutting itself off instead. Like others said, it will be your computer. I'm 99.9999% sure of that as I went through the same thing.

if you look at bnet forums. there's tons of post of people having completely new comps and still have the same problem as i do. its not only me who has this problem.
    my comp is 5-6 years old, and runs d3 crash free. As a matter of fact it runs damn near everything crash free. The problem is in your hardware, just accept it and figure it out.

I used to think the same thing about bf3, but since I upgraded my vid card all has been well.