Casualties of Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom

Stuff happened and yea. Happy, happy, happy.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2012-06-17 at 07:33 AM.

This doesn't sound very fun. Skelington comes to fun stuff to be happy, not depressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa Ivysaur, I don't know if this is fun stuff material. This is pretty heavy.

Oh whoops, I posted this in the wrong section, sorry ;_; Could a mod move it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    This doesn't sound very fun. Skelington comes to fun stuff to be happy, not depressed.
    yeah.. move to general off topic plox
    NOT FUN BRO.
    NOT FUN

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    First off, 9/11 was horrible. It was disgusting what happened to those in the World Trade Center Attacks. The victims and their families did not deserve what happened to them.

But what do we do in all of our superior morality? We go over to the Middle East and cause even more deaths. Why do people turn a blind eye to the fact that we smart bombed neighborhoods with Afghan families in them? Are we better because we used smart bombs instead of suicide bombers or that they were 'accidents'? It doesn't matter. Those people are still dead.

So, in the name of 'freedom', our actions have caused at least 100,000 Iraqi deaths in Operation Iraqi freedom. At least half of those were civilians, these are very conservative numbers. During Operation Enduring Freedom, at least 12,000 Afghan civilians were killed (three times as many civilians as the World Trade center attacks).

It just blows my mind that people defend our actions in the Middle East. I thought we were supposed to be better? Well we're not. If you go by raw numbers in the amount of dead, we're actually worse. Yea.
    You can't win a war against an idea, first off. "Better" is also not something with qualitative data, in terms of morality, different sure, but not better. You can argue either way into circles, both sides are fucking stupid and to point such sensational journalism into a post is also dumb.
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

It's in general now if you want to comment on it.