Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Been with my gf for 5 years now and we live together. Never tried to limit my time in front of the computer, can sit in the living room with my laptop all day some days. I have always been honest about the computer being my "thing" and what I like to do when i have free time on my hands. There is rarely a day i don't spend at least several hours in front of it. Luckily she accepts that part of me, and is cool enough to never put me in a position where i have to choose between her and what i like to do. In return she gets to do what she likes to do, and when i am not at my laptop she has my full and undivided attention and gets treated like a princess.

She has not a single game installed on her laptop. At one point she had "The Sims" but she thought it was too time consuming so she UN-installed it again. We are very different in that sense as i play wow, sc2, diablo3, read forums, follow several series on youtube, and from time to time have anime-marathons 12 hours straight.

What I'm trying to say is, if your are honest about who you are, and you present it with a gentle "take it or leave it" attitude, and you otherwise treat her good, then she won't have a reason to wish to change you. You just have to outweigh the negative sides of your life with the good (none of us are perfect, so she shouldn't expect you to be either). Like when i am done with this post i am going to walk in the middle of the night out of town, and pick her up from a 25'th birthday party she is attending, because she doesn't like to walk home alone when it's dark, but is also too cheap to buy a cab home lol :P you just have to make up for your faults in other aspects.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Careful now, guys and gals, I have also seen trouble in relationships in gaming.

1. One guy I know met a gf in FF11. She moved here from Kansas to live with him. the problem is they both wanted the other to take care of them and did not want to work and play games all day. She eventually left his ass for another gamer who could keep a job and not have to worry about the landlord bamming on the door.

2. Some folks are MMO whores. I knew one girl who slept with all the officers of a particular raiding guild and got preggers by the GM while living with one of the guild's MT.

3. Some people have this "gaming is for kids or losers" attitude. I am a male who works in a female dominated field and one time brought up the topic of WoW. Oh my God. One of the other nurses said " My husband plays wow and is a lazy.... I hate that game". Never got respect at that place afterwards because i was viewed as someone who "wastes time".

Make sure you pay attention to your non gamer other, if you live with them pay the bills and keep a job, and make sure they do not have to clean the mountains of beer cans, dirty plates, and pee jugs around your comp and you should be okay. However, there are some (particularly girls) who will find a buffet menu of single guys to leave you for online. Still quite a few will insist if you are not going out or fixing things all the time you are a loser due to their beliefs . Balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    She says I waste $15 a month on a computer game.

I say she wastes $200 a month on clothes she wears once a month at best. That shut her up.

My boyfriend got me playing WoW just by playing a bit while I watched, then recommending the trial (7 days - 5 years ago, lol).
    I started out playing a hunter.
    I raid now in a progression guild (resto shammy) and enjoy PVP (holy pally).
    We both play SWTOR now as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advilnaar View Post
    make sure they do not have to clean ... pee jugs around your comp and you should be okay.
    lol. Ok, so true. As a lady of a gamer, I've been there... many times. Ohhh and the smell...damn
    He's lucky that I am too. I almost peed myself playing Playscape Torment, I just couldn't stop...soooo good