Deleted

Building a desktop setup - completely clueless

Since I can't really upgrade my graphics card in my laptop, I'm looking to build a computer. I don't need a huge machine because I'm used to play with 15 fps xD Anything in this range that performs good (I don't play fps, the "heaviest" stuff is probably wow) is aceptable, especially if it means letting go some cash for the monitor and stuff (which I still need to buy).

Type: Desktop
    Kind of computer: designed for gaming (aka, playing games like diablo/wow in best perfomance/graphics possible within the budget)
    Budget: 600-700 euros
    Main concerns:
    - Will pay a store to get the pieces/build computer, so no clue if they are charging me more for the pieces (or even if they have everything I want).
    - Live in Portugal, meaning I don't have access to "famous" computer stores. I never ordered anything online aswell.

Thanks for any input/advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what euros = to US dollars.
    But check out:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds
    Some decent cheap builds there and a very good starting point for parts.

Besides point out that link to you I'm not much help since I don't live nor have experience in um, your area.

10+ Year Old Account
    For that price you should be able to get an 3rd gen i5, geforce 550ti and a 8gb ddr3 at least in there with the other normal stuff (not including monitor/speakers/keyboard etc), unless for some reason ur prices are super expensive for parts (I'm judging off how much I could get with the equvilent of that much money in Australia, where we also pay a premium for parts/computers)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    For that price you should be able to get an 3rd gen i5, geforce 550ti and a 8gb ddr3 at least in there with the other normal stuff
    why would he get a 550ti? far better options in that cards price range..
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga