Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    Facepalm.

Another one of these threads?

WoW has 10 million active subscribers. If that's dead, I'm a shoe.

I'm certainly not a shoe.
    Again, this is not another WoW is dying thread. This is a discussion why it possibly MIGHT be.

You're ignorant if you post threads like this. Stop whining, you pay about 13 euro's a month for their product. Everyone in here acts like they are buying an Aston Martin every month from Blizzard. You are just a minor customer whom nobody cares about. Have fun or stop paying. And if you have that much of a hard time thinking about whether or not to give out 13 euro's, you should spend that time studying/working so you don't have to mind every damn euro you have. Clue of the story: Have fun or shut up, but don't cry in here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Again, this is not another WoW is dying thread. This is a discussion why it possibly MIGHT be.
    Core reason why WoW dies.

The title is exactly one of those wow is dying or wow is dead thread... nice try though .

the core reason why the game sucks. The reason why I will never play it again and why the game will never be great again.
    Not to mention the very first OP's sentence .

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW is not dying. Stop with these useless threads.

Deleted
    WoW is not dying, it is declining. Well, the subs are, not WoW itself. The core reason for that? TIME! The game is 8 years old, more people played for years and got tired of it, then new people starting. There's a lot more competition these days, so people new to the MMORPG genre won't necessarily flock to WoW, but have a choice of what to play. This means WoW doesn't get as many new subs as they used to. Add that to the long time players getting bored, and you have a steady decline in subs. It's nothing to worry about and with 10 million subs, WoW is nowhere near dead or dying.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Am I the only one who actually likes feeling weaker when it comes to leveling? I mean to me, it just makes sense - you are in a new dangerous place, filled with new dangerous enemies which you know nothing about - of course should you feel weaker.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    It's an understandable frustration though it's never bothered me personally. However considering you're literally maybe the 3rd person I've ever seen use this as their reason to quit I'm gonna have to call bullshit it on it being a "Core" reason. I wouldn't even call it one of the major reasons.

This. Also your avatar is awesome sir.

Deleted
    Goddamn, another one of these?

If a game needs to die, then don't talk about it.
    Everyone just stop talking about this game and let it die peacefully -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    I feel like the gear reset from vanilla -> BC and BC -> WotLK weren't quite as bad as WotLK -> Cata and Cata -> MoP will be.

In BC, t3 was still pretty good going into t4 raids. There wasn't a complete 100% gear reset, as some could carry over. Same thing happened from BC to WotLK, I went into t7 wearing a lot of t6/Sunwell. For Cata though.. quest greens blew away my heroic ICC gear at 84. This is probably the core of the issue, that the expansion resets are getting much more drastic for everyone.

When you give everyone the good gear every patch, you can't just ease into the expansion gear reset the same way BC and WotLK did, because then nobody is replacing gear. It feels like a reset is happening with every patch rather than expansion, which is more the reality of this issue than what GC has to say about it.
    Hell, I remember my hunter using a level 60 hit rating trinket all through most of BC because I couldn't find anything else to get me hit capped.

The gear reset and power loss is a major issue, but I'll keep playing. I still have fun, despite the flaws in this game, so I'm in.

This is far from being a core reason as to why the game is 'dying'. It's simply a design flaw that happens to come with the packaging. I for one don't care about it. The actual numbers I'm doing continue to rise so I actually don't really have the feeling that I'm weaker. The result, killing things super fast, is lost, but that's totally ok. And if that didn't change, it'd be way more boring as you would experience zero change.

nothing new. most of us went thru this and understand what its like to go from 1 xpac to another.
    OP is probably going thru his first xpac transition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    There is no reason why WoW dies, because it doesn't.
    Exactly this. People playing the game come and go. People quit, other join. The game is not dying.

i'm not quite sure what your concern is?! the "power reset" of players is definitely not a big deal and does not contribute to the shrinking player numbers in wow. you play mmos because you like to play mmos. nothing more to it, really.

I think its a good thing but thats just me from the looks of it

Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    /facepalm
    all 10.2 million subscribers pay, otherwise they wouldn't be subscribers. Herp derp.
    Pro-tip, learn the definition of the word subscription.
    if all 10.2 million pay then why does 94% of the revenue come from the smaller percentage of the subscribers and only 6% revenue comes from the largest, if 5 millions subs bring in 94% in eu and US while 5 million subs in asia only bring in 6% in asia, even with the asians using time cards doesnt constitute such a large difference is revenue.

If time cards really meant the difference between 94% and 6% revenue then it wiould be stupid to subscribe monthly and not all pay by time cards. It would mean blizz could potentially lose 88% revenue if time cards were used by all subscribers.

just by using logic compared to the numbers doesnt that mean a percentage of the 10.2 million subs doesnt pay anything towards the game, i would even say that around 1-2 million of those subs doesnt even pay a thing but there is no real way to check unless blizz release actual data to confirm how many paying subs they actually have.

I could be wrong but there is a higher possibility of this being closer to the truth than all subscribers actually are paying.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2012-06-17 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    More than 50% of the playerbase is in China and they are shedding players like no tomorrow.
    75% of US realms are dead as dirt.
    10 million - hahahahaha

They could say 100 million for all I care, my "medium pop" realm had no more than 150 players on at any given time.
    Even so 4.5-5 Million NA/SA/EU/NZ/AU subs are still greater than the most of the paying sub competition combined. WoW has been dying since patch 1.2 and its still here. See you all at launch or whatever other crappy meme is relevant.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What i think GC is referring to is one of the bad things about a level based DnD system inspired engine vs a skill-based inspired engine.

With a level based inspired engine, entire zones are rendered useless. Those quillboars in the Barrens are a challenge for someone of that level but an 85 will 1 shot them. So, you constantly must come out with new levels, new items. Just like DnD... an Monster Manual Orc just is not a challenge for a level 30 demigod and his loot of a +1 greataxe is yawn. Also, if you are level 50 and your buddies are level 85.. you cannot do what they are doing and they could do what you are doing by only pressing one key.

Contrast with a skill based system like White Wolf. A fledgling vampire can travel with a vampire queen but has nowhere near the utility. Eve uses a system like this. You can technically join a fleet battle with the big boys in a week. But, you will have far less flexibility.

Not saying wow should go that way... but something to consider would be removing levels and just using talents and abilities and gear with requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebonj View Post
    Facepalm.

Another one of these threads?

WoW has 10 million active subscribers. If that's dead, I'm a shoe.

I'm certainly not a shoe.
    Lol, quite literally this. May I have permission to use that quote for my sig?
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

steady 10,2 million people paying to play and ' its dying' ? seriously? get a clue people!

Deleted
    summer+d3+low content ?