Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silly people, thinking WoW's ongoing success has anything to do with quality of game or genre competition.

Hehe.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Actually, I remember reading an article, back a few years ago, where somebody from Blizzard said that like 30 million people had played the game (Far more than the 12 million subscribers at the time).

So yes, Blizzard has lost more than 2 million people - There was just never a big exodus like what was seen a few months ago, it was over a long time period (Think equilibrium, like in chemistry).
    Had played, not subscribed to.

There is a rather large difference. And subscribers is where it counts, especially when it comes down to quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is fine, generalized statements much?

If this was even remotly true the fall in subscriptions would come with every new expansion when the reset happens. Which it of course does'nt, every expansion it the subscriber numbers shoot up. It's before every expansion the fall happens.

I doubt this reason would even be top 100 for most people who finds fault with the game. It have certanly never botherd me, nor anyone I know. What you should have written is "I don't like the gear reset, it ruins the game for ME". Unless of course you have a poll from every WoW playr which I have left saying otherwise.

Wow another thread about how wow is dead and/or game X is a wow killer... yeah never seen one of those before in 8 years of this game.... Same people hoot about how game X is going to kill wow and then they get to game X and say, "Why don't you have 7 years of content, and this function, and this raid finder, and this.... This sucks, I am outta here!"
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-06-20 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    You'd be surprised how much diving subscription numbers can affect individual game-play.
    WOW has sold 35 million copies. That means 25 million of you quit, and there are still 10 million. Your impact is not as much as you think.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by romara View Post
    These aren't the WoW forums.

You get people that don't play posting here because the post link appears on the main page. I haven't played WoW in over a year and still visit this site. The mods are polite, they actually moderate posts, most of the community is good here (except the blind followers of a particular company), and if you read between the lines you get some really good info about games and gaming experiences. I think this site should be less WoW oriented, but that's just my opinion.
    I appreciate the nod towards the hard work we put into this site.

Sadly, though, I think it's about time this thread came to a close. It's long since been running in circles, and we've moved from a discussion of the core issue (gear scaling and how it affects gameplay as you level each xpac) and onto how many subs the game has, how many it has had, what the forums should and shouldn't have, as well as some interesting inter-personal arguments.