New level 50, Need help!

Hey all I just hit 50 tonight and I did the first chronicle and the quests that followed after, now I am curious as to what I should do next? Should I max out all my professions first or go and grind dungeons? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What ever you wanna do man.
    there's no trail to follow
    Last edited by entix; 2012-06-15 at 05:54 AM.

I would suggest you level your professions whilst in the queue for a dungeon, do the dungeon, then keep crafting until your next random queue pops.
    Join any Daily Raid Rifts (DRRs) you see advertised and any zone events in Stillmoor, Iron Pine Peak, Ember Isle and Shimmersand.

Deleted
    Theres not really much point to leveling proffesions as they dont really grant any personal benefit, its just more of a Convience for example I have Apocathery and Foraging to save me having to constantly buy pots of the auction house because i just gradually collect the mats while adventuring throughout Telera

Off the top of my head here are the starting things you can 'do'

Ways to get Inscribed

Daily Raid Rifts (Often reffered to as DRR in 50 Chat )-
    Depending on how high the population of your server these groups are formed fairly frequently, just keep your eye on 50 chat for anyone putting them together and tag along

Ember Isle Quest chain-
    I wouldnt suggest being a fresh 50 venturing to ember isle alone, but if you can make friends with someone in a similar situation id highly suggest that you get a 'Buddy' and blast through the ember isle quest lines together, this will offer you quite a few PA levels and a couple of decent armour pieces at the end of it

Zone Events
    In Iron Pine Peak/Shimmersand/Stillmoor and Ember Isle, if your on a High population server they'll be pretty much constantly going, if your not on a high population server id suggest moving to one (Icewatch-EU) or (Wolfsbane- NA)

Ember Isle Instant Adventure
    This offers quite a few inscribed and a extremley decent amount of Planar Attunement Experience

Dormant Core
    There are 'Rarely' Groups for this anymore but basically its sort out an Outdoor event located in Ember isle behind ember watch, if you see a group for this in 50 chat id advise joining in

Starting ways to get - Plaques of Achievement

Chronicles-
    Until you get enough gear to start doing the Expert dungeons id highly suggest running all 4 of them each day, but dont forget to pick up the daily chronicle quest in Sanctum/Meridian for the bonus PA exp

Normal Dungeons-
    If your looking to jump into experts fairly fast id probably suggest quickly running a through normal dungeons, you'll some plaques of achievement from these, use the plaques you get to buy any gear with Hit/Focus on as you need about 90 Hit/focus to be able to join a random expert dungeon

Other-

Puzzles
    If your looking for something different to do go to the high level zones (Iron Pine Peak/Shimmersand/Ember Isle/Stillmoor and attempt to solve the puzzles there, the loot bags you get from them are almost totally random so you could get a possible upgrade, but worst case scenario you get a nice achievement and a small stack of money, if your looking for more help on locations/ solutions for the puzzles google is your friend

Cairns
    These are hidden in all fairly difficult to reach places in Telera its quite fun trying to get them though and they can contain some nice rewards if your lucky, again if your looking for Locations for the Cairns google is your friend

Auction House
    If you've got a bit of spare pocket change lying around there's normally a fair few decent pieces of starting level 50 gear knocking about on the Auction House

All i can think of off the top of my head at the moment.. ill edit if i can think of more :P
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-06-15 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    So DRR's are easier to complete than an expert dungeon, or you need a set of gear similar to the one that expert dungeon requires?

They're not so much "easier" it's just that you'll have 19 other people helping/carrying you through it.

Don't forget there are some nice crafted and BoE pieces that you can get as a fresh 50 if you have spare change laying around.

You'll also have a lot of notoriety to grind out to get the best item enhancements and also some ok-ish gear. You can do these with questing, some dungeons, daily quests, and also you can get notoriety from certain fish you catch in each zone.

Deleted
    Daily Raid Rifts are outdoor content which was orginally Intended for 10x Expert dungeon geared level 50's, But with the amount of gear that people have nowadays id say about 4-5 'decent' geared players could easily blast through a Raid Rift, I believe you still need roughly 100 Focus/hit to have a 0% chance to miss mobs in daily raid rifts

but usually people go with a full group of 20 People doing the 'DRR' so you just completley blast through it regardless and since there so easy, people 'very rarely' inspect gear so you shouldnt have a problem getting a invite regardless of gear level

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    They're not so much "easier" it's just that you'll have 19 other people helping/carrying you through it.

Don't forget there are some nice crafted and BoE pieces that you can get as a fresh 50 if you have spare change laying around.

You'll also have a lot of notoriety to grind out to get the best item enhancements and also some ok-ish gear. You can do these with questing, some dungeons, daily quests, and also you can get notoriety from certain fish you catch in each zone.
    Lol thank god i picked foraging/butchering/mining professions as i am leveling and auction all mats.
    I hate being carried.

Don't forget you can do expert rifts, instant adventure, zone events. If you have some gear upgrades you can try to get a mastermode group, however, these require abit of coordination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    Don't forget you can do expert rifts, instant adventure, zone events. If you have some gear upgrades you can try to get a mastermode group, however, these require abit of coordination.
    Nobody (well at least that i know) Bothers doing expert rifts anymore because generally speaking there just not worth it, your much better just doing a couple of IA's than doing a expert RIFT

IA/Zone events have been covered

Also regarding mastermodes there sort of not in the category of 'Stuff to do when your a new level 50' to be honest :P

They honestly need to increase the amount of reward for Rifts and Invasions, and increase the amount of gear available through the ISS and Planar vendors in the capital and each of the three (four?) L50 zones.

The biggest issue I have with starting out gearing a new 50 is the stupid number of marks and plaques available now. I wish they would just condense it down to something a little more simple.

Thanks for all the tips! I'm currently playing a mage on wolfsbane-US and my name is Iamanerd on guardian side =) add me if you want to group up! Also I've been researching specs for pve and pvp and I've decided to do a mix of both and take my time as I'm really enjoying everything so far!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Thanks for all the tips! I'm currently playing a mage on wolfsbane-US and my name is Iamanerd on guardian side =) add me if you want to group up! Also I've been researching specs for pve and pvp and I've decided to do a mix of both and take my time as I'm really enjoying everything so far!
    Unfortunately i play on EU or id happily join ya , But it just so happens that my mage is my main character and im have a pretty good understanding of pretty much everything about mages... so if you need any help with finding the right spec or rotation just chuck me a PM =)

if you dont have plat for epics just queue in LFG as a tank. When I quit the queue times were instant and everyone is so overgeared now that you will just get carried. Or if you can heal queue as a healer they are a little longer but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Nobody (well at least that i know) Bothers doing expert rifts anymore because generally speaking there just not worth it, your much better just doing a couple of IA's than doing a expert RIFT

IA/Zone events have been covered

Also regarding mastermodes there sort of not in the category of 'Stuff to do when your a new level 50' to be honest :P
    Stop having that attitude where you can simply ignore just half of the game, it's not just all about gear. You know, that people could have fun doing them. Expert Rifts give alot of decent loot -including essences for resistance, weapons, trinkets etc. I doubt you even tried farming them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by irongar View Post
    Stop having that attitude where you can simply ignore just half of the game, it's not just all about gear. You know, that people could have fun doing them. Expert Rifts give alot of decent loot -including essences for resistance, weapons, trinkets etc. I doubt you even tried farming them.
    Actually ive been playing since Beta 2, Ive spent hours and hours back in patches 1.0-1.2 farming Expert Rifts, The loot you get from them is obselete now tho as you can easily get a essence at least twice as powerfull for 50 Inscribed

Of all the things ive heard Expert Rifts being called... Fun is not one of them

Unfortunately i play on EU or id happily join ya , But it just so happens that my mage is my main character and im have a pretty good understanding of pretty much everything about mages... so if you need any help with finding the right spec or rotation just chuck me a PM =)
    1.9 will have cross server communication. Not sure if that carries over to EU shards from NA though. But it will enable communication at the very least shard to shard in NA.

Deleted
    Unfortunately it does not Cross Region :/, hopefully one day it will tho

Actually ive been playing since Beta 2, Ive spent hours and hours back in patches 1.0-1.2 farming Expert Rifts, The loot you get from them is obselete now tho as you can easily get a essence at least twice as powerfull for 50 Inscribed

Of all the things ive heard Expert Rifts being called... Fun is not one of them
    Well, most loot you get is still equal or better then T2 expert dungeons. Even though it could be less fast then dungeons, it's still nice to do those expert rifts while gearing. Even though I agree with your point on the inscribed sourcestone, but when you are trying to gear up a new person for ID, those fire/earth resistance essences can be a pain for newer players. A perfect filled machine costs a few hundred ISS. Running expert rifts with those people gives them still a nice boost to start with.