Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    If I can play the class it is pretty sure to assume that others can play the class as well.
    That's narrow-minded and incorrect, can't say much more about it than that you seem to have that kind of mindset about most things.

Really?, ... so in case 10 million people play TOR after launch... you really need server transfers?
    Yes, with a multi server structure you will need it no matter what as there are people who will quit your game for various reasons, some might just enjoy the leveling and stop after hitting max level, some will not like the game at all and quit, some will play less and so on. There is no way for you to control all these factors but you can be sure that you will need to move people around to counter it, this is nothing new.

WoW has 9 million players and still need it.

How... ? You brought that number up like it was something really to consider. It wasn't and that's the only think I pointed out.
    If all the people I played with quit over the same issue then it is relevant, it could have been 10 or 100 it really doesn't matter, it simply tells you there is a portion of the players that take enough issue over the problem to quit, something that isn't isolated to just those 15.

Yeah it is but I seriously doubt that you ever had to delevope something, meeting a deadline and had to make cuts because you couldn't get everything into it. I have to regulary and while it's not the way you want it to be, it has to be done because otherwise you would never finish anything.
    How they decide to develop their product is non of my concern as a customer, I pay for a product and I expect it to function according to description and have the technological solutions necessary to provide me with the service I pay for, transfers is such a thing or do you think it's acceptable to have less than 100 players on your server at prime time? If not then transfers are needed to provide the service they are selling through subscriptions.

I guess the guys from a previous raidgroup which all left for D3 because they had more fun with it must have been an illusion because.. how can they leave SWTOR when D3 is nothing more than a Hack'n'Slay right?
    What does this have to do with how many people would have bought the game to begin with if it was launched during the summer, you are comparing a game that had been out for 6 months with very little content added during the later months and a new released game sucking your raid members in, and again, they are very different games which means there will be a group of players that will play both as different games satisfy different needs.

No argument can be won against ignorance but I guess it's easy to call out on stuff you are not related to and therefore... don't care if your assumptions are correct or not.
    Ignorance, not related to, what are you even on about?

And btw, where you not supposedly done with this discussion as it was just a waste of time?
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Stop the bickering or else I'll have to intervene. No one should be posting PAST this current post (regarding this argument).

Lets keep it civil beyond this point and ontopic as well. Debating semantics on the internet is hardly productive and will just lead to senseless arguing.

What's the latest on on F2P arrival?
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    Soon(tm). They haven't really updated us as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    still "November".

But as several others have said. That's an estimate. Also, they might drag it out to force people to stay subbed a little longer or risk their cartel coins.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    still "November".

But as several others have said. That's an estimate. Also, they might drag it out to force people to stay subbed a little longer or risk their cartel coins.
    I plan on playing either way so for our guild it makes little difference but I do feel like what you said is being discuss in some boardroom.

Push back the F2P date by one month and into Dec. (going by the Nov. date as if it was true) and people pay again so to not lose the coins. BW could do that about twice before I see people getting really pissed and pushing it into January. Again pushing people to pay another month that they may not would have stayed around for.

It's a pretty solid business move for sure. Short term gain for long term trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It's a pretty solid business move for sure. Short term gain for long term trouble.
    If they are afraid they are going to lose the only solid revenue stream when the switch to F2P happens, it's probably the only strategy they think they have left. Their mishandling of the Cartel Coin issue and still no real clarification as of yet has forced them to lose my subscription. And since I more than likely won't have my Cartel Coins that caused me to resub in the first place, they won't have any of my business when it goes F2P either.

At this point their stall tactics seem to only beg for more money before they can't do it any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    SNIP...
    Their mishandling of the Cartel Coin issue and still no real clarification as of yet has forced them to lose my subscription.
    What mishandling are you talking about as I'm pretty clear on it so now you got me wondering?

And since I more than likely won't have my Cartel Coins that caused me to resub in the first place, they won't have any of my business when it goes F2P either.

At this point their stall tactics seem to only beg for more money before they can't do it any longer.
    It could be a stall tactic for sure if used at all. I have to admit, even with being announced as going F2P, it will be the fastest conversion I have ever seen which makes me wonder if they can pull it off by November. So stalling players for coins could very well happen.

However (tinfoil hats one everyone), I have had a few discussions that F2P was the way this game was going way back during design. Massive hype to generate initial box sales, multiple months of $15/months revenue with the full intention of moving to a F2P model and the backbone for it already there and created during it's design with some portions to be created as needed (like now)

If the conversion to F2P hits Nov. (which would be in record time to what others conversions did that I can find out about) you would be hard pressed to convince me it wasn't planned long before release.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    What mishandling are you talking about as I'm pretty clear on it so now you got me wondering?
    There's a lengthy discussion in another thread, but the original announcement didn't have a special "You must be subscribed at F2P to get these coins" and it has since been added. Also, no previous announcements about it added that little clause, but the latest stream had it very plainly stated that way.

It was a very dishonest way to do business, even if it had been there from the start...which we have screenshots to prove that it wasn't.

Did they ever announce multi-server que's for Dungeons?