Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    Yeah, cause Blizzard would NOT add the things that people hate got added in the first place...

For me personally, the first thing that has to be changed in MMO's is the combat.
    We are slowly getting there (TERA, somewhat GW2), but nowhere close to the point where it's actually good.
    Tera is a de-evolution of MMOS. 5 man content only and don't kid yourself it will be more collision makes that certain. Doing a 5 man with 3 melee is hell.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 02:59 PM ----------

If TES won't attempt Sandbox MMO then clearly it isn't an optimal idea for making any money. Deal with it this is what MMOS are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Tera is a de-evolution of MMOS. 5 man content only and don't kid yourself it will be more collision makes that certain. Doing a 5 man with 3 melee is hell.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 02:59 PM ----------

If TES won't attempt Sandbox MMO then clearly it isn't an optimal idea for making any money. Deal with it this is what MMOS are.
    how does the 5 man only content make it a de-evolution i perosnally prefer content with less people, large groups I feel are too clunky and a pain in the ass to organize,but back on topic A next Gen Mmo, can't say there is any i consider one yet but I suppose it would have to take place in a fully persistent world no portal between areas with the exception of maybe dungeons. Classes would have to go so would go here collect this crap come back basically the entire world would revolve around content, and the game's lore would be told by the events happening in the world no cutscenes or quest texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elween View Post
    the next gen mmo must break some rules that all most every mmo is using...

The leveling is a thing you must d,o some game designers call this the learning curve of the class you playing but nowadays is more like a mandatory initial content of the game or game's exp, yeah its cool when there is a story line or just a great adventure/event but is it really "must" in the mmo?
    Quests or missions very much like the leveling its the main way to level up by doing this countless times, for this mmo's are known, in a bad way. They were kinda mandatory but there is still other ways to level like pvp and dungeons and that is cool to have this options, still i think a system with all this and other ways like scenarios, events, arenas, professions etc blending all this in to one more natural and solid character progression.
    And still there is the talents, the roles, guild wars 2 is looking good in this point, real player interference in the sandbox.
    Quests aren't mandatory in an MMO. Before playing WoW, I played EQ. In Everquest (ironically) you rarely, if ever, did quests - you leveled by grinding out xp from killing mobs. Lots of mobs. Pretty much the only quest you really focused on were your epic weapons, and those were leaps and bounds above the crappy "legendary" things in WoW. Everquest > WoW and anything else around, because it took time and skill to get higher level.

Back OT: IMO a new MMO needs a more difficult leveling system. WoW was easy in vanilla, and it's gotten easier. SWTOR was way too easy to level to max, also - it got boring in a week because you were maxed out.

I know diablo copped a lot of flame for its graphics, but even if it had graphics similar / better then that i'd be happy.

Deleted
    I'd consider it to be any MMORPG that didn't abandon realism and immersion (subjective to the setting) for the sake of cheap gimmicks. All too often, I see interesting aspects of an MMORPG's story sacrificed to appeal to the same target audience who think toilet jokes and false stereotypes are more important and intriguing than a solid, interesting and constantly evolving storyline.