Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Who is tired of all the doom and gloom threads?

First I know I have been negative in some of them, so let me spare you from throwing that in my face.

It seems there is so much negativity about this game. Most of it merely opinion but trolls seem to haunt this part of the forum heavily. The "What went wrong" thread is mostly just full of trolls from other games basically going "Ha ha we told you so, now wait for our game to rock the world" or "WoW rules all and SWTOR was pathetic to even try and match our game of 7 years polish"

I know it can be just as annoying if people belch sunshine all over a bad situation but it is preferable to haters that plague this place.

It just turns off anybody who comes around. People come to this section and see people screaming "This game sucks" it's probable that some may listen to them and not even give the game a second thought.

Should the Devs allow these hate threads to continue? I don't think so, there is hardly anything constructive in them and it clutters up a lot of space people could actually be posting about the game.

I guess the main problem is that there is an overwhelming amount of Wow-lovers since this "MMO-champion" is really a "Blizzard is god-Champion" site since they post more on Diablo then they do actual other MMOs.

Who would like this section of the forum to go back to an actual SWTOR section where actual game content is talked about instead of threads just attacking the game or just "what will the devs screw up next" threads. Seems those are the only things that really are "discussed" in this section of the forum.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

I had to stop posting here for the most part. It's just one drive-by shit post after another. Few are actually interested in anything resembling discussion, and many of those are trolls. Most people just swoop in to game bash and then scurry off to other forums.

Some "community".
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. It is a bit discouraging to see lots of hate, we get enough of that from the swtor forums....
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    this reminds me of a old post I made here during the games release

Let me first say I love the game and have been having a blast! I haven't once even regretted the decision to move on from wow to this game and have completely fallen for it. I love the feel, the atmosphere, the music, the story, the combat.. everything. however, that said is anyone else worried that the horrible community that seems to infect gaming will kill this game before it gets its chance to succeed? I find myself looking forward to many years of playing this and seeing it develop. You can call me a fan boy or what ever but I have truly found a new game and see the potential in what they have here. I am not blind and see that there are bugs still (its a new game so.. yeah there going to be there) there are issues they could of handled better, however, by in large people have way, way over blown this and now I see they are even fulfilling there promise of a grace period. For which Im sure they had to knock out drag out fight with EA for..

So why all the freaking hate. I love this game but I am very worried that it wont get its fair shake am I just being ridiculous? Does anyone else see this going down as well? There are so few games out there and I know now I could never go back to wow.. I guess It just seems like the community itself is the worst enemy there is to the MMO market. Thoughts? Sorry for the rambling or if this doesn't belong in this thread but just had to get it out there.
    I am very sad to see what I was so worried about back then has come to fruition. Its not that I am oblivious to the mistakes they made with the game along the way or its bugs here or there but by in large I think that people way over reacted and blew even the smallest issues into huge major shit storms that I have rarely seen any other game have to suffer through. I often wonder why this game in particular has drawn such a dedicated crowd of haters.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-06-15 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think the Mega Sever Idea is very cool, and the way all MMOs will go when tech allows. Like EVE, but with millions.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we have here is the natural side effect of a game being too hyped in an era when "not bad" just isn't "good enough" anymore. If you don't have an active account, you can't post over on the official board after all. The exodus in January and February dried up the traffic for the dozens, if not hundreds, of fan sites and fan forums that had opened over the last few years. So if you want to have an "active" discussion or debate about TOR, but don't have an active account, MMO-C is one of the few places left.

That one of those few places is a site dedicated to another game is, well, irony on an almost cosmic level. Its even more telling that its a Curse site focused on an extremely popular game while the Curse site for TOR is one of those many many sites going, to the tumbleweeds. So naturally this forum will gather more and more of what's left of TOR's non-official forum traffic. It's why I started posting here.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    but by in large I think that people way over reacted and blew even the smallest issues into huge major shit storms that I have rarely seen any other game have to suffer through
    I can usually see at least 1 or 2 threads on the offical and other forums about how it's "utterly assinine" that a game today doesn't have chat bubbles or chairs you can interact with...

Times like that I wish Force Choke was an Internet ability.

I'm Pro-SWToR and not afraid to admit it!

we are on an MMO website with mostly wow players who tend to just bash the game way too much.

The game is good, nothing starts out perfect but within the past 6 months it has developed into what most of the community wants, its a little too similar to wow but for me who has played wow for 6 years and the main aspects of ToR i enjoy much more than WoW, to me everything in wow is just boring and no point with no challenge left at all in WoW, ToR started off a little too easy yes but with denova they made it much more challenging.

i dont see the point in bashing any game as every single game has good and bad points so nothing will ever be perfect.

you should play a game you enjoy.

We need them to counter the pony thread.

I am very sad to see what I was so worried about back then has come to fruition. Its not that I am oblivious to the mistakes they made with the game along the way or its bugs here or there but by in large I think that people way over reacted and blew even the smallest issues into huge major shit storms that I have rarely seen any other game have to suffer through. I often wonder why this game in particular has drawn such a dedicated crowd of haters.
    When SW was coming out alot of SW fans loved to post about how it would kill WoW. It would only be logical to assume some of those posters were just waiting to sling it right back if SW stumbled. The entire internet is a place full of miserable people taking their anger out on each other. If you go to other non gaming forums the same things happen just in regards to whatever that forum is about. Unfortunately, it's the way of the net

Quote Originally Posted by VoljinforWarchief View Post
    When SW was coming out alot of SW fans loved to post about how it would kill WoW. It would only be logical to assume some of those posters were just waiting to sling it right back if SW stumbled. The entire internet is a place full of miserable people taking their anger out on each other. If you go to other non gaming forums the same things happen just in regards to whatever that forum is about. Unfortunately, it's the way of the net
    So the few weeks before release when the beta was all the rage and people were sharing their excitement for the game somehow compares to the months and months of people with, let's be honest, way too high expectations for a new release, spouting off all sorts of hearsay and shaping opinions as fact?

I don't think so. Sign me up for a cleanup, or at least reintroduce some true objectivity into this forum.

i dont consider a game that just merged 90 percent of its servers if not more 6 months after release a good game

but whatever,the only reason i still log in anymore is because guild wars 2 isnt out.i guess if i end up not liking guild wars 2,ill probably just re roll on fatman and mess around until i get so bored i just dont have the desire to log in anymore.unless i happen to get that way before guild wars 2 comes out.which wouldnt suprise me,since watching paint dry is probably more fun then playing swtor lately

Please post constructively in the future.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-06-16 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    i dont consider a game that just merged 90 percent of its servers if not more 6 months after release a good game

but whatever,the only reason i still log in anymore is because guild wars 2 isnt out.i guess if i end up not liking guild wars 2,ill probably just re roll on fatman and mess around until i get so bored i just dont have the desire to log in anymore.unless i happen to get that way before guild wars 2 comes out.which wouldnt suprise me,since watching paint dry is probably more fun then playing swtor lately
    And this adds to the discussion how exactly? I dont think you have seen anyone in this thread talking about any of this.. oh wait thats right this is the type of post the OP is talking about my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    First I know I have been negative in some of them, so let me spare you from throwing that in my face.

It seems there is so much negativity about this game. Most of it merely opinion but trolls seem to haunt this part of the forum heavily. The "What went wrong" thread is mostly just full of trolls from other games basically going "Ha ha we told you so, now wait for our game to rock the world" or "WoW rules all and SWTOR was pathetic to even try and match our game of 7 years polish"

I know it can be just as annoying if people belch sunshine all over a bad situation but it is preferable to haters that plague this place.

It just turns off anybody who comes around. People come to this section and see people screaming "This game sucks" it's probable that some may listen to them and not even give the game a second thought.

Should the Devs allow these hate threads to continue? I don't think so, there is hardly anything constructive in them and it clutters up a lot of space people could actually be posting about the game.

I guess the main problem is that there is an overwhelming amount of Wow-lovers since this "MMO-champion" is really a "Blizzard is god-Champion" site since they post more on Diablo then they do actual other MMOs.

Who would like this section of the forum to go back to an actual SWTOR section where actual game content is talked about instead of threads just attacking the game or just "what will the devs screw up next" threads. Seems those are the only things that really are "discussed" in this section of the forum.
    you know the trolls that plague this thread are prolly the same that plagued the swtor official site and caused mt to leave that site for this 1. there have been many a good topic that was discussed in detail and even with some good fervor and i enjoyed reading them.

but now its just troll thread after troll thread and its the same ppl OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER spewing the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.

i am at the point that I cant even come here any more becaus all i see day after day is the sky is falling on swtor HAHAHA we told ya so. its sad really this was a great place for dsome good discussion but now its just a feeding ground for the trolls that just cant seem to leave us be

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 07:04 PM ----------

o remember this post lol and yea it is sad that what you have forseen has come to fruition, its sad really man this game is great and i like talking bout the game but its just i hate coming here now

15+ Year Old Account
    I dislike the negativity thrown at any game. If you don't like the game, move on. It's basically little kids trying to find some sense of worth by bringing down other people, whether it's via their interests or personal attack. Unfortunately, you can never kill the trolls. They will always be, so the only thing to do is ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Yep.

I had to stop posting here for the most part. It's just one drive-by shit post after another. Few are actually interested in anything resembling discussion, and many of those are trolls. Most people just swoop in to game bash and then scurry off to other forums.

Some "community".
    lol u too?

Been far more active on the swtor.com boards.

Being banned gave me time to sit back and watch. Realized there about 5-10 swtor "community members" on this forum.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toridd View Post
    I dislike the negativity thrown at any game. If you don't like the game, move on. It's basically little kids trying to find some sense of worth by bringing down other people, whether it's via their interests or personal attack. Unfortunately, you can never kill the trolls. They will always be, so the only thing to do is ignore them.
    Tru words spoke ther, i totally agree. i really don't see the point whit flaming and QQ over a game that you don't play it. If you don't like don buy don't play don't waste energy on it. The end.

i still don't why... :/ Why do people need to flame ? i understand people need to vent and uses the Internet for it but dam man/girl learn to do it nicer.

have nice(old school) community where people help and have good reads and fun. i miss it to be honest. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

So basically it's ok to swoop into the WoW forums bash away and scuttle off and then cry foul when the tables turn?

Sorry doesn't work like that.

At the end of the day what destroyed Swotor, for me anyway, was the amount of hyping said skulkers kept giving the game before it was even released. As a long time SW fan and a KoToR vet I was looking forward to it. Maybe if I went into it with a more open mind and not one filled with such high hopes I'd have enjoyed it more.

/Shrug. Ended up going back full time to WoW much to the amusement of my guildies and had to pay out a 20k to the guy whole told me I'd be back before MoP launched.

Maybe if they did one which occured AFTER the great war, with the Vong and such it mighta taken off a bit better.
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2012-06-15 at 08:04 PM.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post

Thank you for being the first person to prove the entire point of this thread.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Woof.

Been thinking about giving old SW:TOR another go, but all the negativity has me re-thinking. Grrr... I really enjoyed my agent when the game first launched, but from what I'm reading some servers literally only have 30 people on at any given time? Sometimes less? I know transfers finally happened for some servers... did that patch things up?
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday