10+ Year Old Account

AH Addon Advice.

Hey Everyone,

A few times now I have tried playing the Auction House, but I have never been a big addon user. Only ever Deadly boss mods.

Playing without any addons seems like a huge task, you either have to write everything down, or remember it mentally and after a few days I just give up.

I see people making thousands of golds from playing the AH and surely there must be addons that they use.

I have a bunch of professions at max lvl and I make ok gold off farming mats and crafting, but would really like to find out what addons people use to help them with playing the AH.

And are the addons easy to use! ><

Cheers,
    Bloodrein.

Auctionator is the easiest to use, you scan the AH and it keeps track of the current price of all the auctions. It wil keep a history of the prices of items you scanned but in tooltips it will only show the most recent scan price. A lot of people will probably say Auctioneer is better, and it does a better job of tracking the price fluxuation of items, but I found it to be more trouble than it's worth.

The Undermine Journal GE
    Auctionator
    TradeSkillMaster

These will be your most used/useful tools in playing the AH game. Auctionator and Undermine Journal just work. TSM needs a fair amount of configuration and, admittedly, I haven't actually touched it yet. I've just seen the results from other players using it. TSM automates a freaking metric fsckton of managing crafting skills, auctioning, and mailing (among other things - all within the Blizzard/WoW terms of service).

Meatboll described Auctionator pretty well.

The Undermine Journal GE will fetch pricing information from www theunderminejournal com. (Best WoW economy site on the net, IMO!)

Auctionator - www curse com/addons/wow/auctionator
    The Undermine Journal GE - www curse com/addons/wow/undermine-journal
    Additional Undermine addon goodness - www curse com/addons/wow/auc-stat-theunderminejournal
    TradeskillMaster - www curse com/search?search=tradeskillmaster
    (this one's a search-result page with all the TSM addons available. You'll want the main one for sure, but check out the others as well if they interest you!)

(sorry for mangled linkage - MMO-Champ won't let me post real links because I'm not a real boy yet! Just put the dots where they belong, and you're golden.)

Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by japp1egate; 2012-06-16 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome thank you both for your replies
    I will get started asap!
    TSM sounds very interesting!