Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How Many Calories Do You Consume Daily?

For me it depends. If I'm pretty active it's 1500-2000 a day if I'm just sitting around it's 800 a day

What about you, MMO-Champion Off-Topic?
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-06-16 at 05:24 PM.

Are you just eating cup noodles or something?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    It varies throughout the week.

On workout days I generally eat around 2700-2900 kCal
    On rest days it's closer to 2500 kCal

I also tend to have one day per week where I eat a lot more, like 3500 - 4500 kCal.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champion's Off-Topic consume daily over 9000 calories, because it feeds on our tears and QQ for that matter.

On topic: Has to be above average or below average. Because I do sometimes eat like a pig, shovling the food and make my family angry. Other times, I just don't eat because I'm not in the mood of it.
    PS. I just love chocolate, 'specially after a stressful day.

I'd say over 2000, but I never read the nutrition label on the stuff I put inside me.

Currently i'm on a diet. i eat about 1000-1500 a day, where as for my size and weight (to maintain it) i'd have to eat about 3200 calories a day (5'8 215 pounds) The normal average that you should eat for a person is about 2800-3500 depending on your height mostly. (I'm not 100% sure about it being mostly your height, i just remember that's what my friends dad (a nutritionist) was telling me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroTeal View Post
    Currently i'm on a diet. i eat about 1000-1500 a day, where as for my size and weight (to maintain it) i'd have to eat about 3200 calories a day (5'8 215 pounds) The normal average that you should eat for a person is about 2800-3500 depending on your height mostly. (I'm not 100% sure about it being mostly your height, i just remember that's what my friends dad (a nutritionist) was telling me.
    2800 - 3500 is pretty damn high for most people with sedentary lifestyles.

What? Yeah no it's not 2800-3500 for the average person. That's way too high unless you're an athlete or something, and even then it depends how much of an athlete.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    700-1500 a day, i honestly dont see how people can manage more.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror13 View Post
    I doubt you could eat 700 and feel good with yourself.

OT: 1800-2200 at the moment i want to try for 1500 to lose more weight however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who told you 2800-3500 is average??? Maybe if you are fat...

Recommended maximum daily allowance for men is 2500, but tbh that is too much, it's fine if you do some exercise though or say, have an active job (not sitting at a desk all day etc.).

For women max is 2000.

You shouldn't be going over these numbers on a regular basis without working out, you will just get fat.

Nuts are strange, they are high in calories, but are easily burned.

Anyway, my average is 1500-2000.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terror13 View Post
    700 is way to low, it's not healthy. In case you don't know, a single chocolate bar has around 200-250 calories.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-06-16 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    It depends, I have to push myself to eat more at times since I have a pretty fast metabolism. I've been paying much more attention to what I should and should not be eating in recent years, though - I definitely feel healthier for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    2800 - 3500 is pretty damn high for most people with sedentary lifestyles.
    Maybe, but I am 6' 195 and if I do nothing but sit on my ass all day and eat 2800 calories my weight won't budge. I have a physical job, and I do run/lift quite often, so on a weekday if I eat in the neighborhood of 4k calories my weight stays the same.

If i am working 12-14 hour days, on my feet all day (which is my job), I can eat 5k and still not see a difference.

I feel like 2k is way too low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjosel View Post
    Maybe, but I am 6' 195 and if I do nothing but sit on my ass all day and eat 2800 calories my weight won't budge. I have a physical job, and I do run/lift quite often, so on a weekday if I eat in the neighborhood of 4k calories my weight stays the same.

If i am working 12-14 hour days, on my feet all day (which is my job), I can eat 5k and still not see a difference.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Up to my mid twenties, I could eat and drink as much as I want and never put on weight, however as you get older, you have to watch out more and take control.

Plus it sounds like you are fairly active anyway, maybe you would notice a difference if you sat around doing nothing all day for a month eating 2800 calories a day.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-06-16 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Around 1000-1900 a day, depends on the day I guess. I just eat twice a day (breakfast + dinner) but I drink a crapload throughout the day (juice, milk, sourmilk, soups, and water).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjosel View Post

Well, for most people it's way too high.

I lift four days every week and try to get a good cardio workout (bicycle) every week as well and I only go over 3000 kCal one day per week, the rest I'm somwhere between 2500 and 2900 kCal depending on if I'm working out that day.

Hmm, I guess about 1000-1400? Not counting coffee which I really should stop drinking so much of.

Deleted
    I am on a permanent low carb diet, i do not calorie count at all. I eat until I am no longer hungry, the system is working so far.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Hmm, I guess about 1000-1400? Not counting coffee which I really should stop drinking so much of.
    I drink nothing but water, and alcohol now, and I feel way healthier, and it's way easier to watch my intake

I used to drink coffee and soda all the time too, but I don't think I could ever again. I recommend you replace the coffee with water
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post
    I doubt you could eat 700 and feel good with yourself.

OT: 1800-2200 at the moment i want to try for 1500 to lose more weight however.
    I would never recommend any thing lower than 1600/day. Lower than that, then your hurting your self. You will not be able to provide your body w/ the proper nutrition. If a person is working out then never go under 2000, unless your body wt is under 100lbs.

Caloric intake depends on your body wt, ht, body composition and exercise. When i was 205 lbs working out about 3x w/ wts and cadio, my intake was about 5k per day. Cutting phase was around 3k per day.