Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm#
    1long, 2 short Video adapter error Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.

hm nvm u said it loops did u try the other sockets? i mean did u try all 4? and are u sure they are correctly inserted? ;X and do u have one from your old pc so u can try where the problem lies? and also what was your ram does it have a high error rate (u can see from rezension on amazon etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    I'm not 100% i've wired everything right as that was the part that was confusing me, but I can't put the cpu/24 pin in the wrong place so it should still boot up?

My specs are:

i5-3570k
    asus 7850 gpu
    asus p8z77 v le motherboard
    corsair tx650m psu
    2x4gb vengeance ram
    artic cooling 7 v2 cpu cooler

Yes actually its possible to plug the 4pin (20+4) the wrong way

Deleted
    if your MemOK! lights continuously it means your ram is incompatible with your MB, to fix that follow motherboard instruction 2.2.6

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    if your MemOK! lights continuously it means your ram is incompatible with your MB, to fix that follow motherboard instruction 2.2.6
    how can ram be incompatible with the MB if it fits the socket even if the ram can handle higher frequency u can always pull them down to your MB afaik

it's corsair vengeance ram,i've moved it to 3 of the slots (one is inaccessable because of cpu cooler) and with both sticks I get the error.

If I had to have a stab It would be from one of two areas

1. Are you turning on from the case of mobo power button? IF case check that the cords from the cast power button to motherboard adapter are correctly applied. It is super easy to get them backwards

2. Mobo. Doubly make sure that the cords from the PSU are connected to the mobo (should be the big 20pin and the 8 pin) and check the PSU; IF these are both plugged in correctly and there is no action after stating the computer, your PSU is likely at fault.

Check (if this is the case) with another PSU even if you can't boot with the GPU plugged in at least you know what the issue is.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    how can ram be incompatible with the MB if it fits the socket even if the ram can handle higher frequency u can always pull them down to your MB afaik
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...P8Z77-V_LE.pdf
    Page 36 of that PDF

i am not so sure but is this page telling me that the MB is trying different frequencys and currents with the ram ? ;X man am i happy that i have a MSI MB with OC Genie 2s for perfect OC :X

and also if u talk about corsai vengece u talk about those http://www.amazon.de/Corsair-Vengean...9860153&sr=8-1 right ? thats the same i am using and they worked perfectly for me ^^ except i cant run them in dual channel cuz me cpu cooler is to big ;D i should have saw into him abit ;X
    Last edited by Valynvin; 2012-06-16 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    i am not so sure but is this page telling me that the MB is trying different frequencys and currents with the ram ? ;X man am i happy that i have a MSI MB with OC Genie 2s for perfect OC :X

and also if u talk about corsai vengece u talk about those http://www.amazon.de/Corsair-Vengean...9860153&sr=8-1 right ? thats the same i am using and they worked perfectly for me ^^ except i cant run them in dual channel cuz me cpu cooler is to big ;D i should have saw into him abit ;X
    Yeh that's the ones

wow i just tried to find a compability list on asus side for memory and i found this http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...V_LE_PLUS/#MSL awesome nothing at all ;< if u have bad luck they wont work with your MB at all ^^ did u try what larix said yet? with the auto tuning of the memory?

The manual says that those beeps means no memory detected, I tried it with 2 ram 1 ram :[
    I noticed in an earlier pic you had the ram in slots 1 & 3, are you able to try them in 1 & 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Alerek View Post
    I noticed in an earlier pic you had the ram in slots 1 & 3, are you able to try them in 1 & 2?
    Cant get to the closest one to the cpu due to the cooler, tried both as single stick in the 3 available spots and still get the beeps.

Deleted
    well usually if you put 2 sticks of ram you need to put em to certain slots, in my case it was 1 and 3 or 2 and 4, but it may differ per mobo, also your ram is not on compatibility list of your motherboard, it might still run but since there is memory error that is likely to be culprit. Try that MemOK! thingie, it might help, or not. Either way its all I can tell you regarding this matter hope it works but there is nothing more I can help with.

btw its strange that cooler is blocking ram slot, perhaps you've put it facing wrong direction ? :P

Edit: In your case you should put your sticks into A2 slot(second to closest to cpu) and B2 slot(the furtherest one from cpu)
    or single stick into A2
    Last edited by mmoc9ef35a8a9e; 2012-06-16 at 03:45 PM.

On the manual it says to hold down the button next to the dram light to make it compatible, i did this and now my pc boots , cpu cooler spinning and the dram led flashes constantly on and off then my pc turns off, is this how it makes it compatible or is this something else?

well usually if you put 2 sticks of ram you need to put em to certain slots, in my case it was 1 and 3 or 2 and 4, but it may differ per mobo, also your ram is not on compatibility list of your motherboard, it might still run but since there is memory error that is likely to be culprit. Try that MemOK! thingie, it might help, or not. Either way its all I can tell you regarding this matter hope it works but there is nothing more I can help with.

btw its strange that cooler is blocking ram slot, perhaps you've put it facing wrong direction ? :P

Edit: In your case you should put your sticks into A2 slot(second to closest to cpu) and B2 slot(the furtherest one from cpu)
    or single stick into A2
    that slot part isnt correct imo ;x u only need to do it like that if u want to run them in dual channel

and if u use a cpu cooler like that http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005ERSN7G/r...88348_4f5d18ae u will understand how it can block the slots (and the fan is facing upwards away from the ram slots so its the right way up out of my chasis ;P

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 03:48 PM ----------

On the manual it says to hold down the button next to the dram light to make it compatible, i did this and now my pc boots , cpu cooler spinning and the dram led flashes constantly on and off then my pc turns off, is this how it makes it compatible or is this something else?
    read further in the manual it says it reboots every 30s or so if the thing it tried didnt work out u shouldnt do anything iirc at all after pressing the button
    p.s: DO NOT PRESS THE BUTTON :P
    Last edited by Valynvin; 2012-06-16 at 03:50 PM.

So I need new ram? Would I get anything up on the monitor if my ram is broken? Cause I had my monitor on but it wasnt picking anything up, but that could be because the ram is faulty?

Deleted
    Yes it's supposed to do that manual says it will load different settings and check them (DRAM_LED blinking) and restarting your PC before each test. You can stop that process you have to turn off your PC and unplug it from power for 10 sec(manual) or wait till it finishes.

@Valynvin idk maybe, just saying what is in mobo instruction. I'm not using stock cooler either but still it doesn't block anything :P Guess it might be because I have full size mobo and not micro atax or w/e this one is

Deleted
    Make sure you have the Motherboard secured with ALL screws into the standoffs tight as this will cause it to short out and not power up. I see in one of your pics you have a screw missing next to the ram slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    Make sure you have the Motherboard secured with ALL screws into the standoffs tight as this will cause it to short out and not power up. I see in one of your pics you have a screw missing next to the ram slots.
    It is powering up now, just the ram is broken I think, i'll put the screw in anyway though

Yes it's supposed to do that manual says it will load different settings and check them (DRAM_LED blinking) and restarting your PC before each test. You can stop that process you have to turn off your PC and unplug it from power for 10 sec(manual) or wait till it finishes.

@Valynvin idk maybe, just saying what is in mobo instruction. I'm not using stock cooler either but still it doesn't block anything :P Guess it might be because I have full size mobo and not micro atax or w/e this one is
    i have full size MB too but yeah the cooler is simply to big i underestimated it sizes but as its not massive and not a fan on the site of them rams i could actually cut into it i am simply unmotivated to do it and also i dont need it atm i can run everything on max and have so litte load times d3 in 1s etc. ^^

and Fateq it seems u ahve to buy new ram ;< but before u do that try it with another ram stick u should have and older one at your places to try if its really the ram ^^