10+ Year Old Account

The 5 Biggest Pussifications of Schools

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-bi...tions-schools/

I know its cracked but it what its talking about is real and probably more reliable than some "real" news sites.

I am just absolutely dumbstruck that some of this shit happens.

BANNING TAG AND BALLS AT SCHOOL, that means soccer balls footballs baseballs dodgeballs and basketballs.

Testing fast food 10 times as frequently as the food that is given to the next generation.

Sounds about right.

oh boy, let me grab my popcorn

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    Read through the entire article, and could only come up with one conclusion.

Damn those fucking potatoes.
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda crazy looking back at how a lot has changed since I was in school, lol. Really sad how things are changing though.. especially that ball ban at a school in Toronto.

Deleted
    I went to an elementary school in Finland where it was forbidden to speak Finnish during recess.

10+ Year Old Account
    As always George is here for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    As always George is here for us.

Miss the shit out of George Carlin. If anyone deserved to live into his nineties it's him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I went to an elementary school in Finland where it was forbidden to speak Finnish during recess.

Huh, really? I mean, really?! Where did you even managed to find such a school? :S

OT: Banning potatos. Potato ban. I just can't wrap my head around that, how is it even possible to ban potatos?

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-bi...tions-schools/

I know its cracked but it what its talking about is real and probably more reliable than some "real" news sites.

I am just absolutely dumbstruck that some of this shit happens.

BANNING TAG AND BALLS AT SCHOOL, that means soccer balls footballs baseballs dodgeballs and basketballs.

Testing fast food 10 times as frequently as the food that is given to the next generation.

Sounds about right.
    The only thing that's changed is that we are now in the information age. So, now we can pretend that a handful of weird isolated incidents is some kind of pandemic. For example, all the recent nonsense about the zombie epidemic. There was a media craze for it, so every story that could play into that larger picture was pushed forward. Meanwhile, crazy shit like that happens all the time and nobody tries to tie it together. This is no different than that. It's just a bunch of random stories, none of which indicate a larger pattern, being strung together as though they are evidence of some grand issue. You can do this for *anything*.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 07:50 PM ----------

It's also worth noting that complaints about things like this, such as wussification or political correctness, are almost universally a kneejerk, over the top, incredibly ironic overreaction to something that isn't what it's opponents complain that it is. For example, the article claims that schools all over are BANNING TOUCH AND CHASE SPORTS... and the article it links to is about one elementary school banning *unsupervised* touch and chase sports, and another school using softer balls and more lenient rules for dodgeball.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Huh, really? I mean, really?! Where did you even managed to find such a school? :S
    The language used for teaching was Swedish (other official language). They felt that as we were a swedish speaking school, we shouldn't mix in Finnish words in our language to keep the speech "pure".

Obviously they have failed as most swedish speaking Finns use a horrible mixture of the two to communicate.

That article about the zeros is also bullshit. The principal didn't say that nobody could fail. He said that students would have to complete the work instead of calculating what they could get away with not doing and still pass. Instead of a student saying "Well, I'll skip the next two assignments and still get a D", they have to actually the complete the work in order to graduate. That's actually a *tougher* system than a lazy-ass teacher handing out zeros.

10+ Year Old Account
    The language used for teaching was Swedish (other official language). They felt that as we were a swedish speaking school, we shouldn't mix in Finnish words in our language to keep the speech "pure".

Obviously they have failed as most swedish speaking Finns use a horrible mixture of the two to communicate.
    Ah, well that makes some sense, I guess. I know what you mean about the mixture of the two, it's quite horrible. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I had just finished reading that when I saw this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account

That's just... Nazi...

Surely being multilingual is a sign of creative thought and good brain development and intelligence.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Potatoes are evil, and finally there's proof to it!

Honestly... I'm not surprised. I mean, I never imagined these scenarios happening, but some of humanity is so damn stupid that it's completely understandable how they came up with those ridiculous bans.

Damn, I'm hungry for some potatoes now.
    I know that you are reading this, and I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The only thing that's changed is that we are now in the information age. So, now we can pretend that a handful of weird isolated incidents is some kind of pandemic. For example, all the recent nonsense about the zombie epidemic. There was a media craze for it, so every story that could play into that larger picture was pushed forward. Meanwhile, crazy shit like that happens all the time and nobody tries to tie it together. This is no different than that. It's just a bunch of random stories, none of which indicate a larger pattern, being strung together as though they are evidence of some grand issue. You can do this for *anything*.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 07:50 PM ----------

It's also worth noting that complaints about things like this, such as wussification or political correctness, are almost universally a kneejerk, over the top, incredibly ironic overreaction to something that isn't what it's opponents complain that it is. For example, the article claims that schools all over are BANNING TOUCH AND CHASE SPORTS... and the article it links to is about one elementary school banning *unsupervised* touch and chase sports, and another school using softer balls and more lenient rules for dodgeball.
    No kidding. Misplace indignation. Honestly, I didn't see much on that list that I had a problem with. Granted I didn't read it all...but is it really upset your delicate sensitivities if your kids have to eat healthy at school? Or is taught to speak in a polite mature way?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!