Poll: Most impressive player so far?

10+ Year Old Account

England Euro 2012 - Who's impressing you most?

Title pretty much says it all.
    Steven Gerrard or Scott Parker get the medal for me, they've both done excellent work offensively and defensively, effectively closing down the English mid.. But Gerrard's two assists were absolutely top class, so he's getting my vote!

Really hard one imo, because while Gerrards assists were good, it IS Gerrard, its kinda what you expect him to do. Its hard to say someone is impressive when theyre doing what theyve been doing for years, Id lean more towards one of the younger players in their first tournament. Probably Andy Carroll, he is actually playing well and seems to have brought some good form to our team, Danny Welbeck is close too, as is Theo.

Deleted
    James Milner is on this list? lmao
    But nah, seriously Carroll is bringing some aggressive strength to the team and alongside Walcotts outstanding form against Sweden the pair of them are doing nicely.

Deleted
    Mario Gomez

Deleted
    Danny Welbeck for me, he was one of our better players vs France and the goal he scored last night was brilliant, looking forward to seeing him partner Rooney vs Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gerrard. Granted he's doing what you expect him to do, but that doesn't take away the fact that he IS impressive with what he does on a regular occurence.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Tbh I think the 4 with 2 votes currently (Gerrard, Welbeck, Walcott and Carroll) are all pretty close in terms of performance so far. Ofc we still have Rooney to come back, and Id say if you can get 5 players playing well like those lot then youve got more than a good chance in this tournament. Especially if our defence stops making silly mistakes (and tbh Joe Hart is phenomenal right now.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Really hard one imo, because while Gerrards assists were good, it IS Gerrard, its kinda what you expect him to do. Its hard to say someone is impressive when theyre doing what theyve been doing for years, Id lean more towards one of the younger players in their first tournament. Probably Andy Carroll, he is actually playing well and seems to have brought some good form to our team, Danny Welbeck is close too, as is Theo.
    Gerrard never seems to fire in the crosses he has been though, when I saw him and Terry on the list I thought. "All of my wat, he never plays at his club level for England" but he's really surprised me. Obviously Carroll and Welbeck have had some superb play, but I just don't think the England squad we have would be where we are (which is in a strong, un-beaten position) without Gerrard and Parker. And yeah, I agree with your later comment, Joe Hart is holding a rather shaky defence in places. On the topic of our back 4, I think they're playing brilliantly individually with Cole and Johnson making some nice runs back and forth, but together it just isn't clicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joe Hart is the best keeper since David Seaman was in form in 1998.

I refuse to count a 6 months good streak for Paul Robinson as anything noteworthy.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    I've got a soft spot for old scott parker because the guy never stops working, to me he is the definition of how a british player should be. None of this pansy falling over the ball business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, without a shadow of a doubt. I've always rated Robinson quite highly, even at Rovers (Diehard LUFC fan, so take that with a pinch of salt). But Hart definitely blows him out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    I've got a soft spot for old scott parker because the guy never stops working, to me he is the definition of how a british player should be. None of this pansy falling over the ball business.
    I agree completely, he's such a hardworking "fuck you I'm going into this tackle with everything" kind of player.