Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No. I dislike cultural trends and attitudes but not "races" of people as a whole. For example, I despise the whole thug glorification shit and believe anyone apart of it should be shot. I don't care if they're white, black, latino, whatever. Unfortunately, it's a trend of predominantly black people so I get looked at as a racist, despite having many black friends.

Overall, I look at a person as a person and try tp only judge them for their actions. I generally do not make judgements on sight of a person like many racists or any other close minded bigot would.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you're honest. I hate it when racists try to act like they aren't.

Nope I'm not racist, I'm xenophobic though.

Sounds like the proper word for your sentiments is xenophobia.

It's comparable to the hatred many Americans feel for the Mexicans who clean their streets, mow their lawns, and make their lunches.

While it's possible that foreigners are exploiting your social security, it's questionable whether most of them do.

The real source of your dislike is probably your discomfort with people who you feel don't fit the environment, and cause your home environment to feel strange and weird and unpredictable and foreign. You hate them because you're not familiar with their background, therefore you can't predict them, therefore you don't feel safe with many of them around.

Yes, I'am, but I don't consider myself as a bad man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devonwc1985 View Post
    Are you sure you don't just have a hatred for other people in general? Or is it really just Europeans? It sounds like you would just hate people regardless of where you were, for instance if you were in the USA I'm sure you'd hate Americans too. I think there's a deeper underlying issue which, not to be rude, sounds like a personal problem.
    well if I was an misanthropist I would have a unprejudiced hatred for everyone.

humans are discriminatory by nature, most animals are.

i think that the USA is the best country in the world, i think that my state is the best state of the union, i think that my town is the best town in my state, i think my neighborhood is the best in my town, i think my family is the best in the neighborhood.

ants form colonies and defend it against other ants even of the same species, predatory animals form groups and fight other groups of the same species for territory, prey animals form herd for protection, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    I wouldn't consider myself as being racist, but I do feel uncomfortable when I travel to certain parts of my country and find myself to be a minority. Immigration has definitely got out of hand, though I reserve my concern for those who move here and then do nothing to integrate themselves into society. When I'm told I can't talk to someone in my own country because they're not allowed to talk to other men without their husbands being present, there's a real issue.

is it racist to think that 90% of the people i would ever encounter are AN350's?

Racism is a spectrum, not definite. Everyone is racist to some degree, others are more racist than not.

I hate tauren though, something about them...

Deleted
    I find it interesting that a hot topic such as this is more civil than a discussion like. "what's better Diablo3 or WoW"

The word you're looking its xenophobia, not racism, and not the 1st time I heard it about UK, being an isolated (not quite anymore) island makes these feelings arise among many many other factors, mainly fear. Believe or not you hate what you fear, unconscious fear to many things, you might not be afraid of a foreign but something about their presence makes you unsettle, stop fearing, embrace the diversity and you'll be happier.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only mad at the PC-dominated, "everyone is equal" culture in the US nowadays. It really hit when I saw the article about a school principal removing "God Bless America" from their school recital so as to not offend people. Whether you're religious or not, that song is a part of our American history and culture, and I hate feeling like my culture is getting squeezed out to make room for the new ones. By all means, immigrants or natural-born Americans alike are entitled to their own beliefs and cultures, but when we can't walk because we're scared to step on someone's toes, we lose national identity.

I try my best not to judge other people for any reason. Sometimes it happens due to where I was raised and the ideas around me, but I push the judgement to the back of my head, ignore it, and treat the other person as I would anyone else.

Race is a false concept created by people with small and closed minds - it simply doesn't genetically exist. We're all people. Who gives a shit where you come from or what you look like? What I have a problem with is greedy people and bigots. There's plenty of these that are male, female, black, white, brown, and of every possibly nationality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    The word you're looking its xenophobia, not racism, and not the 1st time I heard it about UK, being an isolated (not quite anymore) island makes these feelings arise among many many other factors, mainly fear. Believe or not you hate what you fear, unconscious fear to many things, you might not be afraid of a foreign but something about their presence makes you unsettle, stop fearing, embrace the diversity and you'll be happier.
    True, although I don't believe in "embracing" another culture in my own, if anything they should be embracing English culture. You wouldn't move into someone's house and expect them to follow your ways of life now would you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltdash View Post
    Racist is the wrong word here as I have no problem with race such as Whites,blacks & Asians. But for some unknown reason unknown to me I hate with disturbingly bright fury anyone from Europe, even though I am English. Maybe it stems from my surroundings? I live in a "multi national country" and I'm angered by the fact that I'm a minority in my own country. Hell it's the euro 2012 football games and I see more foreign flags than I do my own, It stirs a rage in my belly when I walk down to the local town and here nothing but Polish & Turkish.

I wouldn't physically go out of my way to harm these people unless they went about their way to upset me on purpose, but yeah I got to say that I hate majority of people in Europe. Maybe it's not the fact I think that people in Europe take advantage of the English governments kind nature and try to rinse the tax man for easy money? Maybe I'm just a misanthropist but if that was the case then I wouldn't have plenty of friends who I don't feel this blinding hate for.

But the overall question is what's YOUR deal, I'm sure we all are like this to a certain degree but just wan't to say so for fear of being branded a harsh word such as "racist" or "Xenophobic".
    so because theres loads of non-english people in england...you hate europeans? huh?
    you think europeans are a race? nope
    you think your a minority as a white person in england? lol

you get so angry about a load of crap you just made up, your weird ^^ bye now
    Last edited by Silverwish; 2012-06-17 at 12:57 AM.
    Everyone is guilty.

What happens if Pinocchio says : "My nose will grow"...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorick View Post
    I'm only mad at the PC-dominated, "everyone is equal" culture in the US nowadays. It really hit when I saw the article about a school principal removing "God Bless America" from their school recital so as to not offend people. Whether you're religious or not, that song is a part of our American history and culture, and I hate feeling like my culture is getting squeezed out to make room for the new ones. By all means, immigrants or natural-born Americans alike are entitled to their own beliefs and cultures, but when we can't walk because we're scared to step on someone's toes, we lose national identity.
    Ah exactly, this kind of thing starts a fire in my belly! Religion or Another culture should have no say in the traditions and Culture of the country that it has moved too. Did you know it's "advised" not to raise the Union Jack as not offend any foreign people in England?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, let's not. This will only spawn people bashing different races.